Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry for the delay! i had the chapter completed and then i lost it on my computer!
Buffy rolled over with a huff. There was a tapping noise coming from some where that took her out of her wonderful sleep and it wasn't stopping. She opened her eyes and looked around. Buffy shot out of her bed with a gasp when she saw bleached hair from her window. She unlocked the window and opened it.

"Spike what the hell are you doing?" she hissed in a low whisper.

"Bloody hell women, took you long enough to wake the hell up!" Spike grumbled as he stumbled into her room.

"I was sleeping!" Buffy cried as she looked over at the clock. "Geez, Spike! It's 3:30 in the morning!"

Spike looked back at Buffy and his mouth went dry. She was standing there in nothing but a white tank top and her hot pink 'boy shorts' underwear. Her hair was still curly but was piled on top of her head in a bun, with loose strands falling. Spike had to move slightly as he pants began to tighten.

"Hello!" Buffy said as she waved a hand in front of his face. "Earth to bleach wonder!"

Spike snapped out of his thoughts and let out a sigh. "I... I just wanted to talk to you." Spike said as he sat down.

"Well you know they have this thing called a phone! Very useful." Buffy said with an attitude.

"You'd probably just hang up on me," Spike said as he looked down at his hands. Buffy thought about it for a second then said, "True."

Spike let out another sigh. "Will you sit down please?"

Buffy rolled her eyes as she got back into bed, and under the covers. She moved her pillows around so that she sat against the headboard comfortably. They sat there for a couple seconds in seconds before Buffy said, "So. Talk."

Buffy knew she was being a bitch, but right then she didn't care. He really hurt her feelings yesterday at school and broke her heart even more when he didn't show up at the Bronze earlier. He didn't even call.

*To busy with his hooker* Buffy thought with anger.

"I was a complete wanker yesterday." Spike began still looking down at his hands. "And I'm sorry."

Buffy looked away as she tried to hold back her tears. He would never really understand how much he hurt her.

"You really hurt my feelings Spike. I don't even know why you acted like that, and then when you didn't call. And you didn't show up tonight. I mean I know it wasn't a big deal but.."

"It was a big deal." Spike said as he finally looked up at her. "And it meant a lot to you. And I'm sorry I missed it. I completely forgotten about my date with Dru and... then. I don't know."

Buffy bit her lip and looked up at him. "I understand. She's your girlfriend. She get first dibs."

Spike shook his head and moved closer to her. "No, Buffy. That's not it. Yeah, Dru's my girlfriend, but you're my best friend. And I should have remembered. Then I shouldn't have acted like a jerk and not show up."

*Even though I did show up* Spike thought.

But he wasn't about to tell her that. "Why did you act like that? You like blew it off like you didn't care?" Buffy chocked out.

It was becoming damn near impossible to hold her tears in. Spike looked back down at his hands. He didn't know what to tell her. He didn't know why he acted like that, and the thought of her with Finn made his blood boil.

Spike just shrugged his shoulders and said, "I'm not really sure. I just, I don't know ok. But I'm really sorry kitten, and I hope you'll forgive me."

*Kitten* Buffy thought sadly.

That was it, she couldn't hold back anymore and a single tear escaped her eyes. Spike saw this and his heart broke. "Oh god, pet. Come here." Spike said as he opened his arms.

Buffy quickly moved towards him and snuggled into his chest. "I'm really sorry." Spike whispered into her hair.

Buffy just nodded her head. She was in heaven right now. She was in Spike's arms and nothing could go wrong. There was no Drusilla, and no lying about feelings. They were together and that's all that mattered.

"So," Buffy asked as she pulled away from him and whipped her eyes. "How was your date?"

Spike looked at her in complete awe. She had just spent the night at the Bronze singing a song that professed her love for him, and now she was asking how his date was.

*She's amazing* Spike thought.

"Um, ok. You know, just a date." Buffy nodded her head and thanked whoever was listening that he didn't go off about it like he usually did.

"But enough about that how did it go? How were you?" Spike asked with fake enthusiasm.

*You were bloody amazing* he though.

Buffy blushed and looked down. She shrugged her shoulders and said, "I was ok I guess. I was really nervous right before but everyone sat right up front so that helped."

Spike nodded. "I'm sorry again I couldn't be there." Buffy just looked up at him and nodded. "Besides, I'm sure you were better then Ok. I bet you were amazing,"

Buffy blushed and looked away again. "I'm not that good." Spike put his finger under her chin, lifting her head so she would look him in the eye. "Yes you are luv, and don't let anyone tell you any different."

Buffy looked into his big blue eyes and her heart skipped a beat. He moved a loose strand to behind her ear then began to stroke her face again. "You're amazing," he whispered softly.

Buffy's heart began to beat rapidly as she saw him look from her eyes to her lips. She stuck her tongue out to moisten her now dry lips. Spike looked down at her tongue and had to hold back a groan. All he wanted to do was take it into his mouth. Without even knowing it, he started to lean closer to Buffy. Buffy's head was going wild.

*He's going to kiss me!* she screamed inside.

Her palms were sweaty and she was breathing heavy. Buffy closed her eyes just before his lips touched hers.

"Buffy sweetie, are you still awake?"

Spike jumped up quickly and jumped out the window. It took Buffy a couple seconds to register what was happening. When she heard her doorknob begin to turn she jumped back under the covers, laid down, and prayed that her mom would think she was sleeping.

***

“So there was kissage?” Willow exclaimed.

“No, no actual kissing, but he tried. Which is really weird.” Buffy stated as she grabbed her lunch from out of her locker and closed it shut.

“Yeah, plus confusing,” Willow said as they walked down the hallway.

“Confusing as hell!” Buffy groaned. “I mean, it was just out of no where!”

“So what are you going to say to him?” Willow asked as she hugged her books to her chest.

Buffy shrugged and said, “Who knows. He wasn’t in fourth period, and I haven’t seen him all day so I’m guessing he didn’t show.”

Willow just nodded her head, then looked around confused. “We passed the cafeteria.”

“Yeah, Angel and everyone suggested we have lunch out front at one of the tables today” Buffy said as they reached the outside.

Willow immediately stopped. Buffy looked back at her friend. “Um, Will?”

Willow looked completely terrified. She stood there taking deep breaths and looking around. “Buffy, are you sure we’re allowed to do that? I mean, it’s off school grounds and we could get in trouble and I don’t want to get in trouble.”

Buffy rolled her eyes and walked up to her friend. “Will, it’s not off school grounds. That part is technically school grounds and you know it’s allowed.”

Willow still looked around scared. “Buffy I don’t know. Maybe we shou... HEY! What are you doing?! Buffy wait!” Willow cried out as Buffy grabbed her arm and started to drag her across the street towards the picnic table.

When they finally crossed the street Buffy let go of her arm and turned to her. “Now, is that so bad?”

Willow let out a breath and a small smile. “No. I.. I...I guess not.”

Buffy smiled and put her sunglasses down on her face. Her smiled disappeared when she saw her friend’s face went pale again. “What’s the matter now Will?”

“Um, have you figured out what you’re going to say to Spike?” Willow stuttered.

Buffy scrunched her brow together in confusion. “Not really. I’ll just cross that bridge when I come to it.” Buffy said with a shrug.

Willow coughed and said, “Well I guess you better figure it out since he’s sitting right over there.”

Buffy’s eyes went wide as she turned her head to the table. Her heart started beat erratically when she saw Spike sitting there with all of their friends. She turned back to Willow quickly when they made eye contact.

“Well this day keeps getting better and better!”

***
Spike laughed at something Angel had said and looked up. His breath caught in his throat when
he saw Buffy walk out of the school with Willow. She was wearing her white flip flops, a short pink skirt and a white tank top. She was absolutely beautiful. He smiled to himself when the memories of last night came back to his mind. He did nothing but dream of Buffy and her lips last night.

“Knew Willow was going to have a heart attack about coming out here to eat,” Xander said with a laugh.

They all looked and saw Buffy dragging her friend across the street. Spike was the only one to keep looking and see Buffy turn her head to look at the table after Willow had said something. This made Spike frown. If he knew Buffy, she was probably freaking out right about now, not knowing how to act. Spike was in the same boat. He had skipped fourth period and luckily had to talk to the counselor during fifth, so he hadn’t seen her all day. He wanted to talk to her about what happened last night but not in front all of their friends. So Spike made a last minute decision when she walked up to do the best thing, and act like nothing happened.

“Hey guys!!” Willow said with a smile as her and Buffy walked up to the table.

Everyone said their hello’s the two girls. Buffy sat down next to Cordelia and across from Spike. Buffy looked up at Spike and smiled at him shyly. Her heart melted when he gave her the most dazzling smile.

“So what are you guys talking about?” Willow asked as she opened her lunch.

“How awesome our little Buffster was Saturday!” Xander exclaimed as he bit into his sandwich.

Buffy blushed and looked down. “I wasn’t awesome!”

“Are you kidding?” Cordelia said. “You were like the queen of ‘Open Mic Night’! And that’s like kinda cool, but not really.”

Buffy looked at her friend and chuckled. That was Cordelia, trying to be nice by insulting people. “Well thanks.”

“So are you going do it again this Saturday?” Darla asked.

Buffy smiled and thought for a second. “Yeah. I think so.” Willow smiled and clapped her hands. “Yay! I love your songs!”

Every one laughed. “Cool, then Saturday night we can celebrate. I’ll have a party for you!” Angel said.

Buffy raised her eyebrow and said, “A party for me?”

Angel rolled his eyes and said, “Ok. Maybe not exactly for you. But Mom’s going away Friday for a week and I’m going to have a party anyway.”

Buffy just shook her head and sipped on her diet coke. She looked over at Spike who had been unusually quiet. She kicked him lightly under the table causing him to look up at her.

“You ok?” She asked softly as her friends around her talked.

“I’m really sorry I wasn’t there Saturday, pet.” Spike mumbled. Even though he was there, he didn’t want to tell her that. But while everyone was talking about how wonderful she was, he felt sorry and wanted to complement her as well. But he couldn’t.

Buffy blushed and looked down. Spike smiled and thought ,*She's so adorable when she does that*

Buffy looked back up at him and shrugged. “I told you last night, it’s fine.” Buffy looked down again.

Brining up last night was a bad idea. Spike just nodded and looked down at his food. They spent the rest of their lunch talking, joking around with their friends. And no one ever knew that under the table, Buffy and Spike were secretly playing footsies.