Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the delay!! Had a little bit of writers block. But I'm back now hehe!! Hope you all like!
"Well I've been busy, what do you want me to do?" Spike yelled into the phone.

"Make some time for your girlfriend that's what I want!" Drusilla yelled back.

Spike let out an annoyed sigh, and leaned back against his car, he was exhausted. It was now Thursday, and he and Dru had been arguing everyday that week. She wanted to see him and he kept blowing her off to spend time with Buffy. Spike smiled as he thought about her. They had met up everyday after school and hung out. Sometimes he didn't go home until late at night, and then they called each other, talking until the early hours of the morning. Things were great between them.

"Look, Dru, I'm sorry. But this week has just been crazy. I'll make it up to you." Spike looked around, he was waiting for Buffy to come out of the movie store, they were going to get a movie to watch that night since they didn‘t have school tomorrow.

"You're sunshine is more important then me!" Dru whined. "What are you on about?"

"I want you to take me out on Saturday."

Spike let out another sigh and said, "Dru, I can't. That's Buffy's Open Mic Night. You know that."

Spike heard Dru growl on the other end of the phone. "See, you care more about sunshine then you do me!"

"Dru, what the fuck are you talking about and who the fuck is sunshine?!"

"You're being an asshole!"

"And you're being a fucking bitch!" Spike screamed into the phone.

Spike clenched his jaw as he continued to listen to Dru scream into the phone. But he completely ignored the yelling when he saw Buffy walking up to the counter through the glass. He smiled as she waved to him. He waved back, but the smile soon faded when he saw Riley Finn walk up to her. Spike had forgotten about him. Then everything hit him at once, here he was, arguing with his girlfriend so he could spend time with a girl that had a boyfriend of her own. Yeah, so she was in love with him. But obviously she made it a point to move on, so why should he feel guilty about spending time with Dru. She was his girlfriend after all.

"Dru, sweets, calm down. I'm sorry. I'm a bad man. How about we go out tomorrow night?"

"Really?" Drusilla asked.

Spike smiled and nodded. "Yeah hun. Friday night, me you, a big date."

***

Buffy smiled and waved to Spike as she walked up to the counter with her movies. He was leaning against his car , smoking a cigarette while talking on his phone.

*He looks so sexy* she thought.

Buffy blushed when naughty thoughts started to come to her mind. Things had been great between them. Though they never talked about the kiss that wasn't, they had spent so much time together. And the best part, she rarely heard about Dru. There was also major flirtation going on. She would wonder where the certain behavior came from but quickly dismissed the thought. She didn't care, all that she cared about was the fact that he was showing her attention.

"Hey Buffy! " Buffy turned around to see Riley standing behind her.

"Hey Riley, what's going on?" "Just getting some movies. But um, I'm glad I ran into you. I actually had something.. well. You see.."

Buffy smiled at his actions. Even though they had gone out for a month he was still nervous around her.

"Um, Angel told me and the guys you two were throwing a party this weekend. And I just wanted to, ugh, you know, make sure you were cool with me coming."

Buffy brought her brows together in confusion. "Yeah, why wouldn't it be?" Riley shrugged his shoulders.

Buffy smiled and said, "Riley, I thought we ended on good terms?"

"We did!" Riley quickly reassured her. "And we're friends?" Riley smiled and nodded.

"Of course! I just, you know, didn't want it to be weird." Buffy shook her head and said, "No. You and your friends are more then welcome to come."

Riley smiled at her again and nodded. "Thanks Buffy. So um, I'll see you Saturday then." Buffy nodded and gave him a little wave goodbye as she left the store.

Buffy walked up to Spike's car smiling, today was a great day. Her smiled disappeared when she saw the obvious stress Spike was under. He was leaning against his car with a cigarette in his mouth looking anywhere but at her.

"Ok, what's the matter?" Buffy asked. Spike shrugged his shoulders and said, "Nothing."

Buffy wasn't buying it. "No, you have something face."

Spike looked up at her and sighed. She knew him to well. "It's nothing pet, can we just get out of here?"

Spike threw his cigarette and walked over to the drivers side of the car. "Ok," Buffy said softly and got into the car.

After a couple minutes of complete silence Buffy finally said, "So do you want to know what kind of movies I got?"

Spike shrugged and said, "Don't matter." Buffy didn't like this. Usually he was happy, and joking around with her. But now he just seemed, distant.

"Did you get into a fight with Dru?"

Spike let out a sigh and looked out the window. Why did she have to act like she cared. "Yeah. But it's not a big deal."

"It is if you think it is. You want to talk about it?" Buffy asked as she turned to face him in her seat.

Spike let out a little chuckle and shook his head. "Really don't."

"Are you sure, because sometimes tal..."

"I don't want to talk about with you ok?"

Buffy looked at him confused and hurt. "What do you mean with me?"

"I don't know why you act like you care about my relationship with Dru, when I know you don't. It's been over a fucking month and you haven't even met her yet." Spike spat.

Buffy blinked back tears. "Well, I.."

*I can't meet her* she thought sadly.

"Don't make excuses. You don't give a shit. Which is pretty fucking heartless if you think about it because even though I fucking hate your little boy toy, I still met him. AND hung out with him."

"So you think I'm heartless?" Buffy asked through clench teeth. She had no idea why he was acting this way and it was breaking her heart.

Spike let out a frustrated sigh and said, "No. I'm just saying you could meet the one girl that means something to me. I met your boyfriend."

"Yeah but all you do is constantly make fun of him or bitch about him! You really think that's better?!" Buffy cried.

Spike stopped at a red light and said,"Well, I don't like him. So oh well."

Buffy's eyes went wide. "Yeah, well maybe I don't like Dru."

"You don't even fucking know her!!" Spike yelled.

"Yeah well I don't have to know her to know that she's a fucking bitch!" Buffy screamed.

Spike snapped his head towards her with rage. "You don't know a FUCKING thing about Dru! She's a better fucking person then you'll ever be!"

As soon as the words were out of his mouth Spike regretted them. Buffy gasped and looked at him in horror. He never said things like that to her before. Buffy quickly gathered her purse and hopped out of the car before the light could change. She slammed the door behind her and started to storm down the street.

Spike let out an aggravated yell and punched the steering wheel. He drove the car slowly beside her. "Buffy, pet. I'm sorry. Please just get in the car."

Buffy didn't say anything just kept walking. She didn't even look at him , she didn't want him to see her cry.

"Kitten, please just get in the car. I'm sorry."

"Go away Spike!" Buffy choked out.

Spike felt like a bigger jerk off when he heard her voice. "No! Just get in the goddamn car, you're not walking all the way home!"

Buffy ignored him. She kept walking with him following her. "Buffy please!" Spike pleaded.

Buffy finally stopped and turned to the car with tears streaming down her face. "No! Run along to your perfect little fucking girlfriend and leave little imperfect Buffy alone!"

"Pet, I didn't mean it!"

"Fuck you!" she said through clench teeth, then started to walk again.

Spike clenched his jaw then screamed, "Fine!"

He slammed his foot on the gas and peeled off. Buffy stopped walking when he was out of sight and sat on the curb sobbing. That was the first time ever they had a fight like that and she didn't even know what brought it on.

*How can I be in love with someone like this?* she thought sadly.

She didn't want to go home, but she didn't want to be alone either. She pulled her cell phone out of her purse and stared at the screen. Who could she call? Willow and Oz were on a double date with Cordelia and Xander, and she couldn't calll Angel because he would freak on Spike. So that left only one person.

***

Spike pulled the car over about two blocks from where he had left Buffy. He whipped away the tears that were stinging his eyes. That was the most intense, and ugly fight they had ever gotten into. He was disgusted with himself for the things he had said to her. Spike screamed out in frustration as he started to punch the wheel repeatedly. All he could see was the look of horror and hurt plastered on Buffy's face. Spike leaned his head back on the seat, trying to will the images to go away but they wouldn't. He needed some help. He started to drive the car again towards the Bronze. He needed something to drink. And he needed it now.

***

Darla moaned into Angel's mouth. She pulled away with a smile. "You're good at that."

Angel smiled and said, "Oh yeah. Well maybe we should just say skip dinner and stay here and do this,"

Darla let out a little laugh and slapped his arm. "No way mister. You're taking me out."

Angel let out a sigh and said, "Fiiine."

He smiled down at his girlfriend and gave her another kiss. Before the kiss could turn passionate they were interrupted by Darla's phone ringing.

"Ugh!" Angel grunted as he pulled away. Darla giggled and walked over to the table that her phone was laying on. "Hello?"

"Darla.." Buffy sobbed into the phone.

Darla's smiled immediately faded when she heard Buffy's voice. "Sweetie what's the matter?"

Angel looked up at his girlfriend with a worried expression.

"Can you come get me?" Buffy asked with a sniffle.

"Of course, but hun. What's the matter? What happened?" Darla asked as she grabbed her purse.

She put her finger up to Angel, signaling for him to wait when he gave her a questioning look.

"I had a really bad fight with Spike, and I got out of the car, but I don't want to go home."

Darla nodded and said," Where are you? Angel's here, he'll come with me."

"No!" Buffy cried into the phone. "Darla, this was really bad. Angel can't know. He'll kill him. If you guys have a date, don't worry about it...."

"No!" Darla said cutting her off. "It's fine, he can wait. Now where are you?" Buffy told Darla where she was then they quickly got off the phone.

Darla turned around to her boyfriend who was standing there with a worried look."What's the matter?" he asked as she grabbed her keys off the key hook.

"Can I take a raincheck for tonight babe?" Angel looked at her confused then nodded. "Of course. But what's the matter?"

They both walked out of the house and Darla locked the door. "I can't tell you," she said as she walked towards her car.

This confused Angel more, since when couldn't Darla tell him.... "Buffy" he said softly.

Darla looked up at him sadly. "She asked me not to tell you, ok. But I'm going to go get her and hang out with her ok?"

"Is she ok?" Angel asked his heart starting to beat rapidly. A million thoughts were going through his head.

"Yeah, she's fine. She... she just needs someone to talk to ok? Please don't push it."

"It's about Spike isn't it? Did he do something?" Angel asked quickly becoming angry. Darla sighed and put her hands on his arms.

"Baby, calm down. They just had a fight, and Buffy doesn't want you to know because she doesn't want your friendship to be ruined."

"Darla, my sister is more important then a friendship."

Darla nodded and said, "I know. But please. You know they argue all the time. It's fine. Just let me spend time with your sister tonight." Angel thought about it for a second then nodded.

He was lucky to find such a great girl that cared about his family. And that his little sister trusted enough to call when she needed someone. Darla smiled and gave her boyfriend a kiss. "I'll make it up to you."

"Just make sure she's ok." Angel said softly.

"I will."

***

Spike sat at the bar completely broken. He regretted every single word he had said to Buffy. Spike tried to call her but she refused to answer. Then after the sixth time, she turned her cell phone off. The only thing that stopped him from throwing his phone across the room was the small chance that Buffy might call him. Drusilla had tried calling him but he just ignored her calls. He couldn’t talk to her right now. He was to confused. Spike took a long swig of his beer and put it down. It was going to be a long night.

“Knew I’d find you here.” a voice from behind him said.

Spike looked back and saw Angel standing there. “Hey peaches. What are you doing here? Thought you and the bird had a date?”

“Well, funny thing..” Angel started as he sat down at the bar. He waved his hand to the bartender who soon put a beer bottle in front of him. *Love how they don’t card* Angel thought. “I was just about to go out, then Darla got a phone call from my sister, who was balling her eyes out.”

Spike looked over at Angel and a wave of guilt went through his whole body. Spike started to say something but was stopped by Angel, “Dude. I don’t know what it was about. And really, I don’t want to know. But I have something to say.”

Spike nodded and listened to his friend. “You’re my best friend Spike. You know I’d do anything for you, and I know you’d do anything for me. But Buffy’s my little sister. What ever is going on with you two, you guys need to figure it out.”

Spike looked back at his beer bottle as he picked at the label. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

Angel looked over at his friend confused. “Tell you what?”

“How she felt about me?” Angel stopped drinking his bottle and put it down.

“How’d you find out?”

“Showed up last Saturday to surprise her and heard her song,” Angel just nodded. They both sat there in silence for what seemed like ages.

“So what are you going to do about it?” Angel asked.


Chapter End Notes:
Ok, don't kill me! I know Spike is a jerk. But he's confused! Don't worry, he'll make up for it all next chapter