Author's Chapter Notes:
OK, just wanted to clear some things up..

TammyAsh666 is another author who wrote a story with the same title long before I wrote this one. When I saw that story, I immediately contacted her to let her know of my story. When I finally posted the first chapter, I contacted her again. She wrote me back saying she read the chapter and was completely ok with it. She knew I wasn't trying to steal her idea. We are just two authors with the same idea, and two very different versions of the story.

I also highly recommend TammyAsh666's story! It's an amazing one!!
Buffy sat at a table in the Bronze sipping on her diet Pepsi. She was there with her friends, Willow and Xander, she had called Spike when she left but he didn't answer, and now he was no where to be seen. Buffy looked up towards the door for the twenty time in the last five minutes and was disappointed yet again when she didn't see her friend.

"Sorry we're boring you Buff," Xander said from beside her. Xander Harris was another one of her good friends. When they first met, he had a crush on her, sometimes she thought he still did, but after she explained that she didn't feel that way for him, he seemed to have stopped trying. Xander went out with Cordelia Chase, known as 'Queen C' to the entire school. She was a cheerleader and all around bitch. She tried to be nice, but even when she tried to be nice it came out as an insult. But that was Cordelia, and they had all learned to deal with it. At the begining of the school year, everyone had found out that they were secretly seeing each other, they became public much to everyone's confusion, and they had been together ever since.

Buffy looked back at her friends and gave them a guilty look. "Oh, I'm sorry guys it's just Spike said he would come, and he hasn't called me back, I‘m just a little worried, he always calls me like right back.”

The red head smiled at her friend and said, "It's ok Buffy. I do it all the time too looking for Oz." Buffy smiled at her friend.

Willow had been dating Daniel 'Oz' Osbourne for a little over a year. He was the lead guitarest of a band called 'Dingo's Ate My Baby'. They were the hottest local band around. Anybody who was anybody knew who they were.

"Where is Oz anyway, band practice?" Buffy asked. Willow nodded her head with a huge smile. Willow loved that fact that she was going out with a muscian for one reason, and one reason only. It made her parents furious.

"So Buff, you going to sign up for the open Mic night next month?" Xander asked as he threw a pretzel into his mouth.

Next month the Bronze was going to start to have an 'Open Mic Night' where ameture muscians could come play their music and sing their songs.

"I don't know. Maybe, but I don't know if I want anyone to hear my songs ya know?" Buffy said as she swirled her straw.

"Why because they are all about Spike?" Willow said with a smile. Buffy glared at her friend then checked her cell phone.

No missed calls.

"No. Just... I don't know." Buffy said with a shrug.

"You should do it Buffy, you'd have so much fun." Willow said with a smile. Buffy looked up at her friend and smiled.

"You know what, you're right. I'm going to do it!!"

Willow clapped her hands and squealed. "Yay! I can't wait!!" Buffy laughed and shook her head. "What song you think you're going to sing?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe the only one that isn't about Spike!" Xander said with a smirk. Buffy punched him hard in the arm. "Oww!!" he cried out with a laugh as he rubbed his arm.

Buffy looked towards the entrance again but didn't see the person she wanted to see. Buffy let out an aggravating growl and said, "God, this is ridiculous!! I can't do this anymore. I need to just like tell him how I feel or get over him!"

"I vote for the first one!" Willow said as she raised her arm. Xander nodded and said, "Yeah me too. Because you tried the second, and we all saw how that worked out.. OW! Stop hitting me!!"

Buffy shook her head and said, "No. No, I can't no good can come from me telling him my feelings."

"But holding these feelings back can't be good either," Xander explained.

"What if he feels the same way?" "What if he doesn't?" Buffy asked with a frown.

"You'll never know until you try!" Willow said to her friend.

They had all pushed Buffy to say something to Spike, but she never did. Everyone knew about her feelings for Spike, even Angel, everyone but Spike, the one person that should know. She wanted to tell him so bad, she dreamed about what could happen. He could admit that he in fact loved her too and they would be happy and get married. Then there were the other dreams where she would tell him and he would laugh in her face. Those were more of nightmares.

Buffy thought for a second before saying, "You know what, you guys are right. I need to tell him, I mean, he's graduating this year, and probably going off to college, then I won't see him. And I'll totally regret it if I don't tell him how I feel, so... I'm going to tell him!"

Both Xander and Willow looked at Buffy with complete shock. Of all the times they told her to tell Spike how she felt, she always came up with a reason not to. She didn’t want to ruin the friendship, the feelings would pass, or she was just plain scared. Now, she wasn’t giving any excuses, she was actually going to do it.

"Really?" Xander asked skeptically.

"Yeah! I'm ready!" Buffy exclaimed with a smile. Willow hugged Buffy as she said, "That's great Buffy! I'm so happy for you!!"

Buffy continued to smile. “So when are you going to tell him?” Xander asked.

“Well, I guess now is as good as time as ever.”

Before Buffy could say anything Willow had taken Buffy’s cell phone out of her pure and shoved it in her face. Buffy looked at the phone before grabbing it and taking a deep breath.

*OK, I can do this* Buffy thought as she dialed the familiar number.

‘Its Spike, leave a message after...’

Buffy hung up the phone. “Oh please don’t tell me you changed your mind!!” Willow said sadly.

Buffy looked up at her and smiled. “No, it just ugh, went to his voicemail. It’s ok, I’ll tell him tonight when he calls me.”

Both Willow and Xander gave her a look. Buffy rolled her eyes and said, “I promise guys. I will. Now, let's go dance!!”

***

"So you haven't talked to him?" Buffy asked her brother as they pulled up to the school.

"For the tenth time, no Buffy. He dropped me off last night and I haven't talked to him since." Angel said as they both got out of the car and walked towards the school. “Maybe something came up”

Buffy kept quiet. Spike never showed up at the Bronze last night and then never called her for their normal late night chat. And his phone went straight to voicemail the entire time.

"Yeah, but he always calls me back and ALWAYS calls me at night,” Buffy whined.

Angel let out a sigh and looked at his sister. "Buff, maybe he was just busy ok. You'll see him today, ask him."

Buffy just nodded to her brother, still looking depressed. "Look, I'm going to find Darla, you going to be ok?" Angel asked as he put his arm around her shoulder.

Buffy let out a sigh and smiled weakly at her brother. "Yeah, I'll be alright. You’re probably right anyway, he was probably just busy."

Angel smiled and gave his sister a kiss on the forehead. "Alright then, I'll see you at lunch."

Buffy gave him another smile as he walked down the hall. So many thoughts were going through Buffy's head as she made her way to her locker. She still wanted to tell Spike how she felt but she wanted to do it in a more private location, not the halls of Sunnydale High, where anybody and everybody was going to be able to hear. Buffy opened her locker, head still filled with thoughts. What would he say, how would he react? Was she doing the right thing? But all those thoughts were interrupted when she heard his voice, "Hey kitten,”

Buffy turned around and smiled. All bad thoughts were gone from her mind and she was completely happy to be near him.

"Hey!!" she exclaimed as she gave him a hug.

"Sorry I didn‘t call you last night something came up,” Spike said as he rubbed the back of his head.

“It’s ok, after like the second time I tried you, I figured as much,”

*Try like twentieth*

Buffy closed her locker and held her books to her chest. "So? What happened?" Buffy asked softly.

Spike looked up at the wall at the clock and said, "Bloody hell. I gotta go pet, I have to talk to Ms. Spencer about my grade, ugh, you going to be by the bleachers for fifth period?"

Buffy smiled and said, "Yeah, actually I wanted to talk to you about something so.."

Spike started to walk backwards and smiled at her, "Cool! I have to talk to you about something too,”

Buffy’s smiled went wide. “What about?” she asked trying to hide the fact that she wanted to jump up and down with joy.

“Gotta tell you about last night. Met the most amazing girl!"

Spike gave her a wink, turned around and walked down the hall. Buffy watched him walk away with a look of complete horror on her face. He met someone.... Buffy blinked back tears that were forming in her eyes and tried not to freak out. She swallowed the lump in her throat, not even noticing Willow walking up to her.

"Hey! Did you tell him?!" Willow asked with a smile.

Buffy looked up at her friend without saying a word. Willow's smile faded when she saw the tears in her friends eyes.

"Oh boy."

***

Buffy walked down the hallway towards the chemistry lab. After a long talk with Willow, she cried and came to a realization. She had to talk to her brother. Buffy walked into the lab and up to the teacher.

"Buffy, hello. How can I help you today?" a older man in a white lab coat, wearing glasses asked her.

Buffy smiled at him sweetly and said, "Hello Mr. Henry, I was just wondering if I could talk to my brother Angel for a minute?”

The teacher smiled at her and nodded. “Sure Buffy, but only a minute, he has to finish his assignment.” Buffy smiled at the teacher and looked over at her brother.

Angel looked up at her with a confused look. Buffy motioned to out in the hallway, causing Angel to jump out of his seat and follow her.

Angel shut the door behind him and asked, “Buff, what’s the matter? Did something happen?”

Buffy turned around and looked at Angel with tears in her eyes. Angel’s heart skipped a beat.

“Is it Mom?” “Did you know?” Buffy asked weakly.

Angel looked at her confused. “What are you talking about?”

“This morning, when I was asking you about Spike. Did you know he met someone last night?” Buffy asked as a tear escaped her eyes.

Angel swallowed and looked down. “Yeah. I knew.” he admitted softly.

Buffy just looked at her brother sadly. Tears were silently coming down her face. Angel looked up at his little sister and sighed. He hated to see her cry. “Buff, I’m sorry. I just didn’t want to hurt you.”

“Angel, I was going to tell him how I felt today.” Buffy said softly.

Angel felt like a bigger ass. He took his sister in his arms and hugged her. “Buffy, I’m so sorry. I should have told you.”

Buffy cried softly into her brother’s shoulder. Her whole world was falling apart. “Is everything ok?” a female voice asked from behind the siblings.

Both Angel and Buffy turned around to see a petit blonde coming out of the classroom with a concerned look on her face. Buffy smiled weakly and whipped her eyes as she pulled away.

“Hey Darla. Yeah, everything’s fine. Buffy just.. ugh,” Angel hesitated.

Darla knew of Buffy’s feelings for Spike but he wasn’t sure if Buffy wanted her to know why she was crying.

“I was going to tell Spike how I felt today, but it seems he’s found someone.” Buffy answered. Darla looked at the young girl sadly. “Aw, sweetie. I’m so sorry.”

Darla walked up to Buffy and gave her a hug. “Maybe it’s not serious, you know Spike. He never commits” Darla said as she pulled away.

Buffy smiled and nodded. “You didn’t see the look on his face. He looked completely happy.” Darla gave Buffy another smile.

“Have you talked to him?” Angel asked. Buffy shook her head. “No, he said he was going to tell me about it during fifth.”

“You should still tell him Buffy, you never know. It might change things,” Darla insisted. Buffy thought for a second then said, “Yeah maybe. I’m sorry to bother you during class. I just needed to talk to you.”

Angel smiled at her sister and gave her another hug. “Anytime sis. I’ll see you at lunch.”

Buffy nodded gave Darla another hug then walked down the hallway back to her classroom. Darla looked back over at Angel. “You knew didn’t you?”

Angel just looked to the ground. Darla slapped Angel in the arm. “Ow!!” He cried as he held his arm.

“You deserved it!”


Chapter End Notes:
so what do you think?? And please stay with me on this, it IS a Spuffy story, and I won't torture you guys for long!