Author's Chapter Notes:
thank you all for the wonderful support
Spike smiled at the two women whose heads were practically pressed together at the table, it seems girls would be girls no matter the age.

Giles cleared his throat and the girls laughed before turning their attention back to the men.

“Jealous?” Jenny queried earning a smile from the man only she called Rupert anymore.

“Not at all, I was just curious as if to whether or not I could steal you for the next dance?”

Jenny blushed lightly, “But of course you may” she teased with a slightly off British accent, and with that Spike and Buffy were left to their own devices.

“I don’t suppose you would care to dance with me too?”

“Don’t be stupid, of course I want to dance, a woman doesn’t wear a red dress just to sit on her ass all night, come on”

She grabbed his hand and pulled him to the floor when a rich Latin tempo started and he tilted her head as if to ask her, ‘can you dance to this?’

She gave him a wink and then they were off, he was spinning her and dipping her as they glided over the dance floor, she’d never seemed so alive to him then in this moment.

She moved with a grace he would never have associated with someone who sat at home all day long typing for weeks on end and he loved it.

Buffy threw her head back and laughed, a scene from Dirty Dancing coming to mind as he spun her every which way before pulling her incredibly close and moving his hips to a rhythm she knew he had mastered in the bedroom.

“This is all very Patrick Swayze-ish” she giggled and he smiled, dipping her in the final beat of the dance.

He held her like that for a moment that seemed frozen for the two of them, her eyes sparkling with happiness, until the sounds of clapping infiltrated their closed off world, bringing them back to reality.

Buffy laughed and covered her mouth while Spike looked at everyone and said, “Nobody puts Baby in a corner”, the light laughter followed them back to the table where they noticed that their drinks had been refreshed, and where Jenny and Giles joined them a moment later.

“Buffy you looked incredible” Jenny gushed.

“I agree I didn’t know you could dance like that” Giles added with a proud smile.
“A girl needs to keep some mystery” Buffy joked before looking at Spike and adding, “The right partner makes a world of difference though.”

“That it does kitten, that it does.”

The silence was comfortable as they all began to eat the just delivered desserts of sorbet and coffee, every now and then one of them commenting on how good it was.

When the table was cleared and Giles had, much to Spikes chagrin, paid the bill, Spike suggested a walk on the beach which they all agreed to.

Before long the couples had parted, going their separate ways for the night, each wanting to enjoy the rest of such a wonderful evening alone.

“It’s a full moon tonight” Buffy pointed out and led Spike to a bench not far from the water.

“That it is” he answered softly and put his jacket over her shoulders before she got cold.

She smiled at him in thanks and then continued, “Even the man who is pure in heart, and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the moon is pure and bright.”

“That’s different, where’s it from?” Spike asked.

“The Wolfman movie from 1941” Buffy admitted with a giggle, “I know it’s a lame movie but at the time it must have seemed so wonderful, and those lines always stayed with me, maybe because men can only pretend not to be animalistic for so long before their true nature comes out to play.”

He laughed, “Animalistic? It’s you birds who are the animals, all feline like, playing with your prey before you eat em’ up and spit them out.”

She could tell by his tone that he was joking and smiled, “Ya well…it takes one to know one.”

“You did not just go all elementary school on me.”

“Sure did” she laughed out and leaned her head on his shoulder, his arm tightening around her.

“I had a really good time tonight Buffy, I don’t want it to end.” He admitted and pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

She sighed happily, “So why let it?”

“What do you mean?”

“Well I mean it obviously has to end when the sun comes up, but if we stay up until then at least we can say we made the most of it.”

“You want to go all college and pull an all-nighter?” he asked amused.

She playfully smacked him on the arm, “Stop using school metaphors, and yes, that’s what I’m suggesting.”

“What do you want to do then, cuz’ I’m game for that.”

She furrowed her brow in concentration before sulking-ly admitting she didn’t know, that the choice was his.

“I’m sure I can figure something out” he said with a devilish gleam in his eyes and an angelic smile on his face before softly capturing her lips in a searing kiss that left them breathless when they pulled away for air.

When he looked at her swollen lips and tousled hair he couldn’t help but reach out to tuck a loose lock behind her ear and looking into her eyes said, “I’m going to love you so bloody much Buffy” before kissing her breathless one more time.

Buffy, completely un-mindful to the fact that they were still in public practically threw herself on top of him while managing not to break the kiss. She moaned into his mouth when she felt his erection through their clothes as her hands desperately held onto his shoulders. His own hands had found their way to the back of her neck, keeping her as close as possible, and her waist where he was squeezing her gently.

A group of younger passerby’s could be heard laughing at the display and Buffy pulled away with a sheepish smile.

“My place?”

He nodded and scooped her up, spinning her once while she giggled before putting her back down once they had reached the nearby car.

Spike sucked in a breath when he looked at her smiling face and felt his heart pounding, this woman was going to be the last one for him, of that he was sure.


Chapter End Notes:
so?