Chapter 15

“You can help, right?”

“Of course.” Parker Abram had already laid William on the reclining dental chair and had cleaned the wound with alcohol. “It doesn’t look too bad actually. All it needs is a bit of exploration, cleaning out, removal of fabric and bullet and suturing of a couple little vessels and the outer skin. The surgery shouldn’t take to long either.”

“See? You’ll be fine, baby.”

Parker watched as Buffy cooed in William’s ear and held his hand tightly. She kissed his cheek twice and whispered something that Parker couldn’t make out.

“Are you both a cute couple? Open your mouth first, Will. You know you could have a perfect smile.”

“His name is William,” Buffy saw William wince from a burst of pain. “Get on with it, Parker.”

“Oh aren’t you always the feisty one?” Parker growled playfully and gave Buffy a suggestive wink before he continued to look into William’s mouth. “You could change your smile and your life for as little as two thousand dollars.”

“No thanks, mate.”

“Do you think a perfect smile just happens? Do think Buffy’s smile is her own? No, it’s mine. I gave it to her, and I could give you one too. For just twelve thousand dollars, I will fix your teeth and that would be considered a gift. I’d be knocking tons of money off the price. Tons. All you’d have to do is--”

“I didn’t get shot in the teeth.”

Parker laughed, “Oh that’s funny. You didn’t get shot in the teeth. But I’ll tell you the truth: It wouldn’t have made things any worse if you had.” He laughed again, louder than before. “If you wait until next year you’re going to have fifty grand’s worth of major reconstruction going on in there.” He wiggled his finger disapprovingly.

“If you wait till next year, he’ll be dead.” Buffy couldn’t bear it anymore. “Now, Parker, his teeth are fine.”

“You always have to spoil my fun, don’t you Buffy?” He scowled and laid William’s chair out flat. He searched through his instruments and brought out a scalpel. “Just you wait, Buffy. Do you think I haven’t been watching the news lately? Do you think I’m working for free here?”

Buffy stiffened, knowing Parker wasn’t interested in money. She looked at William, wondering if he had heard Parker’s comment.

William hadn’t been listening, his eyes were focused on the sharp object that Parker was dangling above his thigh. “Have you ever done this before?” he asked, feeling nervous.

“The principles of surgery are the same above and below the neck.” Parker plunged the scalpel into the edge of the wound, prying it open, causing William to scream.

“Aren’t you going to anesthetize me?” William begged, tears in his eyes, he feared he was seconds away from vomiting.

“Don’t worry, Will, as the pain becomes worse, you’ll just probably pass out.”
***

Buffy forced a smile and poured Parker another glass of champagne.

“Buffy are you trying to get me drunk?” Parker downed the bubbly liquid and motioned for more. “Aren’t you a naughty girl?” He reached for her and pulled her into his lap.

She refilled his glass and squirmed, brushing against his erection and making him moan. “Gross! Parker, let me go. I want to go upstairs.”

“Your boyfriend will be fine without you. Boyfriend.” He giggled and shook his head, sipping his drink. “He’s not your type.”

“And you know what my type is?” She batted his hand away but Parker slid it under her sweatshirt and stroked her stomach. “Stop it.” He ignored her and his hand continued upwards and he squeezed her breast.

“You owe me.” He unbuttoned her jeans and Buffy leapt from his lap. “Now Buffy, you know all I have to do is make a call to the police and your precious boyfriend will be taken off to jail, to where he belongs. We’ll be very quiet and he won’t even have to know how much of a slut you are.”

“Shut up.” Buffy bit her lip and watched as Parker reached for his cell phone. “God, I hate you.”

“You wound me, Buffy, really you do.” He dialed 911 but never pressed the talk button of the phone. “It’s up to you Buffy. Blow me and ride me good and preferably hard, and then I’ll consider us even.”

“You’re not touching me.”

“I bet they could be here in five minutes tops. Did you know a new police station was built down the road not too long ago? I wonder how much of a reward I’d get for turning in such a dangerous criminal.”

“Fuck you.”

“We’ll get to that.” Parker unzipped his pants and pulled out his semi-hard penis. “But blow me first. I hope you’ve gotten better at it because your first time, it just didn’t cut it. Don’t worry, Will won’t know a thing. It’ll be our secret.”
***

William woke up in a strange room. Still groggy and in pain, he glanced down at his leg and moaned. He was naked except for the bandage that covered his thigh.

Where’s Buffy? I need Buffy.

He smiled, remembering how she’d whispered how much she loved him before Parker had operated on him.

I need Buffy.

“You’ve got to be fucking kidding me.” He couldn’t find his clothes; instead a red jogging suit was laid out on the foot of the bed.

After dressing in the ridiculous outfit, William made his way out of the room, holding the wall for balance. He opened the door and cursed.

Why did they put me upstairs?

He grabbed onto the railing and slowly took the spiral staircase one step at a time.

So that’s what a bloke does with a shitload of money.

As William made his way down the stairs the pictures Parker had framed along the wall entertained him. Parker skiing. Parker in Rome. Parker surrounded by women. Parker riding a horse.

And I thought I couldn’t stand the guy before.

And besides what kind of guy has a full dentist’s operatory in his house, anyway?

William finally reached solid ground and he grinned at the accomplishment.

“Buff--.” William blinked twice, hoping his eyes were deceiving him.
***

“Will!” Parker sprang to his feet, not bothering to put himself back in his pants, “Join the party!” He took a mouthful of champagne and spat the drink out on William’s shirt after bursting into laughter. William said nothing and stared at Buffy, who avoided his gaze and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. “Don’t you look hot in my clothes? Drink? Or would you like something a little stronger?”

“No, thank you.” William stared as Buffy put on her sweatshirt and she sat on the sofa.

Parker gave William the glass and filled it anyway, delighted that he was humiliating the couple at the same time. “Come on, lighten up a little! So I hear you’re something of a fugitive. Oh don’t be surprised: Buffy and I go back a long way.”

Parker…One night stand… Worlds of bad, heartbreak… He was there for me when I had trouble with my teeth…

“You’re her dentist?”

“Yes, it’s true. Buffy, I’m glad I meant so much to you.” He gave Buffy a devilish grin before realizing that his cock was exposed. “Sorry ‘bout that man. You must have trained her well. She’s improved.” He zipped his pants and shrugged. “Anyway, we met across some bridgework I was doing on that particularly fine set of ivories. I gave Buffy her very first filling.” Parker snickered and elbowed William. “First filling. Get it?”

William said nothing and threw the champagne into Parker’s face. Caught by surprise, Parker blinked and sputtered. “Now,” Parker wiped his eyes, “I wish you hadn’t done that because now I have to hurt you, which is both inconvenient and undignified.” He paused. “Nevertheless.” Parker roared before punching William in the center of his stomach. Due to the pain in his leg, William could do nothing but take the blow; he fell to the floor, gasping for breath.

“Now stand up!” Parker shouted and stomped his foot.

“Leave him alone, you asshole!” Buffy got between Parker and William but she was shoved away quickly.

William had no intention to move and made Parker madder. Parker grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him off the floor. William let his head hang limp and when Parker opened his mouth to speak again, William head butted Parker in the face with all his strength. Parker fell to the floor, blood dripping from his nose.

Pain stung in William’s abdomen, leg and forehead but he felt better before he collapsed, exhausted.
***

Buffy drove with her body stiff, heading nowhere in particular. She and William had left Parker’s house after the fight. William sat behind her and he hadn’t said a word. After hitting over a bump in the road, William groaned in pain and the words started to flow.

“Do you want to explain to me what you were doing back there? Why?”

Buffy cringed at his quiet, hurt voice. “I know I shouldn’t have brought you there but I didn’t want you to bleed to death.”

“Is that so? Well, I would’ve gladly bled to death instead of witnessing that.”

“William, what did you see?”

“Enough.”

“Oh God. I wasn’t going to—he was seconds away from passing out.”

“Sure he was.” William laughed once, not believing her, and he stared out the window. “Damn it, Buffy, he didn’t seem a bit woozy to me.”

“Well--you shouldn’t have come downstairs. You shouldn’t have started the fight and you shouldn’t have--.”

“I get it, I shouldn’t have bothered. What the hell was I thinking?”

“William--.”

“Just forget it.”

“Fine. Um, where do you want to go?”

“I don’t care.”

“Don’t—don’t be this way. I can explain. It was nothing--”

“I’d say you blowing some guy is something. So were you lying when you said you loved me,” his voice cracked with emotion, “Was it just to humor me?”

“How…how can you ask that?” Angry tears threatened to fall from Buffy’s eyes. “Don’t you know how hard it was for me to figure out how I felt?”

“Well maybe you should rethink your feelings if you believe I’m just going to shrug and be ok with you fucking your dentist. Hell, maybe I should rethink my feelings as well…pull over.”

“What? Why? Let me explain! He—he was going to--”

“Pull over, I’m getting out.”

“You can’t get out. You can’t walk.”

“Pull the bloody car over. Now Buffy.”

She flinched at his voice and stopped the car; she didn’t turn to face him. “Please, please don’t do this. You don’t understand. Where are you going?”

He opened the door, “I understand perfectly. And don’t ask where I’m going. I need time to think. Alone.”

Buffy’s chin trembled uncontrollably and she forced herself not to cry. “If that’s what you want, William, I won’t stop you. I’ll leave you alone.”

He slammed the door and hobbled away.

Buffy put the truck into gear and drove a block away before breaking down into tears.
***

A/N:
I put up the next chapter too. Sorry for all the cliffhangers. :) The next chapter will be weepy too so bear with me.