Chapter 6

“William…” She gasped with swollen lips between his continuous kisses, as she pressed her wetness into his toned stomach. Her gasp quickly turned into a moan when his fingers began kneading the fullness of her breasts. “William…stop.”

“Stop?” Buffy didn’t know whether to feel relieved or disappointed when he quickly drew back. Looking into his concerned eyes and at his pouting lip, Buffy instantly wanted to take back her words. Moving swiftly she lifted herself from his body and shifted back, taking his hardness into her hands. “Buff…” He watched in awe as she gently guided him to her opening and took him in inch by inch. Once he was in her to the hilt, Buffy started to breathe again. Pleasure flickered in her eyes as she laid her upper body against his.

“Kiss me again.”

William nodded and followed her command after cupping the cheeks of her behind and rocking her against him.
***

“I could get used to this.” William whispered and rolled them over, wrapping her leg around his backside.

“Me too…but don’t tell anyone…damn, why didn’t you tell me you were such a good kisser? More than good.”

“You didn’t ask.” He chuckled, his warm breath cooling the area on the top of her shoulder where he had just explored with his tongue. “Thanks.” He added, pushing into her deeply, causing them both to gasp.

“Faster, harder…more.” Buffy squirmed against him, thrusting her hips desperately.

“What’s the hurry?” Rolling them over again, with him on top, William dove in and out of her at a wonderfully slow pace, with his forehead plastered to hers.

This is…new. Buffy considered making a comment until the pleasure began creeping up, stronger than she had ever anticipated, leaving her speechless and awestruck.

“Buffy.” William repeated her name as he stroked her, nearing his own climax. “Buffy!” He quickly found her lips again as her inner walls fluttered around him, bringing him to his release.
***

“Don’t worry.” All William could see was darkness because of the blindfold covering his eyes as he spun, his body attached to the spinning target. He could hear the studio audience but Buffy’s voice came in clearer and louder, above the noise. “No one will keep us apart.”

“Keep on saying that, sweetcheeks.” William’s view changed and he could see the game show host pat Buffy on the back as she grinned widely. “But you know the rules, if you miss or if you kill him, you both lose.”

“I won’t lose. We won’t lose.” She aimed the gaudy, red and sparkling arrow at William’s heart as it circled in front of her at a faster pace. “I’ll save you with an arrow, William, an arrow of my love for you.”

William held his breath and said a tiny prayer as he waited for the arrow to hit.
***

“It’s probably just a false alarm. You need backup?”

“Naw, my gun will be enough.”

“But the guy’s considered armed and dangerous, man. You need to be careful…”

“Yes, mommy.” Charles Gunn laughed and rolled his eyes. “I know what I’m doing, knock on the door, see that’s it’s the wrong couple and apologize for wakin’ them up. Where am I heading again?”

“The Wigwam.”

“Now that’s not attracting attention to yourself, staying in a fucking wigwam. The tourists all drive by…they were seen at a bar, too? I’m almost hoping it isn’t them because that’s just embarrassing. Was he trying to get busted?”

“Maybe and they were both allegedly too drunk to walk.”

“Idiots.” Charles stacked his paperwork on his desk in a messy pile and took a quick sip of his lukewarm coffee. “When the girl comes by with the donuts, save me some good ones. I’ll be back.”
***

William woke up suddenly, groggy and feeling various aches and pains throughout his body.

I can’t move my legs.

He blinked several times as his eyes focused on the white walls of the hotel room. Looking down caused his nose to be buried in a head of flower-scented hair.

Oh…oh no.

Buffy was using him as a human-pillow as she slept soundly with her arms wrapped around him and a knee causally nudged in-between his legs.

I remember drinking…was there singing? Snogging on the front lawn and…oh no.

He swallowed, fearing the wrath of sober Buffy, and gently rolled her off of him, covering her exhausted form with a sheet and blanket.

“I’m so sorry, love.” He whispered and kissed her forehead as his head pounded from his hangover. “Shit.”

She’ll hate me.

He frowned, feeling disappointed and searched for his discarded clothes that covered the floor.

Fully dressed, William walked out of the motel room.
***

“Excuse me. Excuse me!”

“Sorry, were you speaking to me?” William turned and squinted at the man who ran the motel.

“Yes, sir. I saw you and your girlfriend--.”

“Um, she’s not my girlfriend.”

“Ok,” the man smiled clearly not believing William. “I think this may have got left behind when you both were rolling around on the ground outside of your room last night.”

“Um…” William looked at the purse that the man was holding, embarrassed knowing that a stranger had seen his drunken activities with Buffy. “I’ve never…thank you.” He grabbed the large leather purse. “And sorry for the…last night.”

“No problem, it’s nice seeing a young couple so in love.”

“Ah…right.”
***

While he walked to his car, William dug the unfamiliar purse for anything of value.

“Fuck.”

He grumbled when the purse fell to the ground, spilling all its contents. Crouching, he weeded through receipts and coupons until he found a wallet.

Poor bird. He thought, glancing at woman’s driver’s license.

“Yes.” He pulled out a handful of bills and shoved them in his pocket.

It’s not stealing…its taking advantage of a situation.

He reassured his upset conscious before finding a set of car keys.

“Nope it’s not stealing at all.”
***

Ok, once Buffy stops clawing my eyes out, I’ll have her drive the new car and follow me…that is if she doesn’t speed past when I’m dumping my car, leaving me stranded…

“Bloody women…with their damned woman scorned routine.”

William pulled into the parking lot of the motel and froze at the sight of a police car close to their room.

“Buffy.”
***

“Asshole.” Buffy stomped around the room in a towel and cursed William for leaving her.

It’s always the gentlemen that screw you and run.

She growled and kicked her boot against the wall at the sound of a knock on the door.

You do not mess with Hangover Buffy.

She opened the door, ready to pounce.
***

“You jerk!” Buffy hit him with a clenched fist and slammed her knee between his legs with all her strength. “You—you’re not…?” She covered her mouth in shock. “Ooops.”

William froze behind the cop, still prepared to hit the man with his unloaded gun. “What was that all about?”

“I thought he was you.” She looked at the policeman as he wheezed, doubled over in pain. “You’re the kidnapper, remember? I hate your guts. I was defending myself, you asshole.”

William cringed at the venom behind her words. “Get dressed and I’ll take care of the cop.”
***

“Ok…Office Gunn? Nice name for your profession I reckon. I’ve been doing this a lot lately.” He shook his head and stole the man’s money and gun as the police officer laid, sprawled out in front of William, unconscious. “Sorry for whacking you on the head and all but I can’t go to jail, you see? Also did you see that feisty blonde back there? I can’t get caught because of her too because…because she wants her money and I want her to have what she wants, it’s bloody crazy… And take care of my car, mate. She’s a classic.”
***

“This adds more to your long list of charges: attempting to kill a cop and leaving him in the middle of a field with your shitty car. Oh and you stole this piece of crap too. Good job. I can’t wait to see how many years you’ll get to rot in prison.” Buffy snorted and glared out the window. “I feel like I’m riding in a fucking strawberry. Everything’s so maroon.”

William ignored Buffy’s complaints and bitterness and turned up the radio.

“I hate this music, change the station.”

“You can change it if you’d like.” He spoke quietly, hoping she would fume silently. “I bought some stuff that’ll help your hangover--.”

“I don’t want anything.”

“Suit yourself. Could you get me a water, love?”

“No and don’t call me that. Where the hell are we going? Why aren’t we going to the freeway?”

“Too dangerous. I’m sticking to the plan and I’m looking for a house that we can use.”

“Great.”
***

“This is stupid.”

“I’ve gathered that everything about me you find stupid.” William looked forward, waiting for a sign that would prove that someone was in the house.

“How long are we going to sit out here?”

“Until night fall at least and probably a bit after that so get comfy.”

“I can’t get comfortable in this car. The seats are velvety.” She wrinkled her nose in disgust.

“I’m sorry that the car is not to your standards but I’m just glad that we have something.”

“It sucks.”

“You know perfectly well that I didn’t want to ditch mine, so stop bitching a take a bloody nap or I’ll stuff you in the trunk.”

“Yeah right.”

“Don’t tempt me.” William went through the bag of things that he had bought earlier and tossed a bottled water and pain reliever in Buffy’s direction. “Take them.”

“I said I--.”

“Take the fucking medicine and make your headache go away. You don’t have to sit there and suffer to make me feel bad or whatever the hell you hope to accomplish by not taking care of yourself.”

“I hate you.”

“I know and I thought we were moving past that but oh silly me.”

“When did you get so sarcastic?”

“When you became insufferable.”
***

“Here.” William handed Buffy a gun. “Stay out here and I’ll check the house for people.”

“Why can’t I come inside too?”

“Because I don’t want anything to happen.”

“What? What could happen? And if something can happen, here take this back and give me the empty one.” She poked his side with the gun.

“I’m not going to argue with you. Stay.”
***

“Everything looks alright. There’s no food in the house other than in the pantry so I’m guessing whoever lives here is on a long vacation.”

“It could be someone’s winter house. It has a cabiny kind of feel even if it is in the middle of nowhere. There’s a lot of plaid in here.”

“There’s only one actual bedroom and the others are craft spaces.”

“Old people live here.”

“Is that right?” William wrinkled an eyebrow and sat in a chair that was in the living room. “This will do.”

“So this is our official hang out?”

“Until something like this morning happens again. I’ll have to call tomorrow and have Hank bring the money somewhere nearby.”

“Ok, I think I’m going to get ready for bed.”

“Fine.”

“Where are you going to sleep?”

“In the chair.”

“But…”

“What?”

“There isn’t a couch anywhere?”

“No.”

“You won’t get cold?”

“No, you already mentioned all the plaid.”

“Goodnight then.”

“Goodnight.”
***