A/N: Enjoy and review. Tell me what you think. ;)

Chapter 5

“I’ve been thinking a lot about this, tell me your opinion. You want some more syrup, pet? It’s too sweet for my liking.” William gave her the container and cleared his throat and spoke between taking bites of his pancakes. “I need a love interest for our girl. She’s a bloody superhero so a normal bloke just isn’t going to do. So I’m thinking about making her fall for a vamp.”

Buffy groaned, “Isn’t that nearing a cliché? Making her love something she is destined to hate and destroy?”

“That’s what I was afraid of too.” He leaned forward, excited to know that he and Buffy thought alike. “So I’m considering giving him a curse. I’m not sure what kind, but I want him to be the equivalent of a fluffy puppy in her eyes.”

“But he’d have to be some form of help to her because that would be her justification for having him around and for being around him.”

“Exactly! He would still be everything a vampire is, strong and a bloodsucker but I want a catch, something different...”

“Hmmm…I’ve seen enough horror movies to know that vampires have the rep of being sex gods…all that extra strength and agility for unnatural sexual positions…it’s a very romantic concept…what if you made it so he couldn’t have sex?”

“No sex?”

“Wait.” Buffy wiped off her mouth with a napkin and bounced a little in the booth. “Ok so some guy helps the slayer, you know points her in the right direction and becomes like a guardian angel and all the while you make sure the reader doesn’t know anything about him. She works at night and so does he; no one will think that he’s anything but a hot guy trying to get in her pants. Make the reader root for a relationship between the two. And then let’s say they’re out killing some demon and she gets hurt, nothing big but something to make her bleed--.”

“Oh! And then he can tend to her wounds and then being around her blood makes him vamp out uncontrollably!”

“Even better, they kiss and then she opens her eyes…vampire.”

“You’re a genius!”

“I know.” She shrugged of his comment but smiled anyway. “Then she warms up to the thought of him being her vampire boyfriend…until she learns about the curse.”

“Yeah?”

“Make him a tall, dark and broody kinda guy. Never happy and always down in the dumps, a regular mope. That will be his curse.”

“Huh?”

“He was a thoughtless killer in the past, until he killed some witch or something like that. Then give him a curse that makes him have a conscience and that makes him feel ubers of guilt about being a vampire. See? It would be a reason why he wanted to help the slayer in the first place; you know the road to redemption and all that crap. And make it where the curse is broken when he actually allows himself a moment of happiness. Because when he’s happy, he’ll forget about all the broodiness of his existence and it will free him to returning to the bad ass self that he once was. And what will give him a happy? Sex with the slayer. Which means no sex, which will lead to your tension.”

“But they could make love once and unleash his demon…that would give me a lot to run with by itself…Guess what pet? I think you’ve just become my co-author. We make a fantastic team.”

“Really? You want me to help you write?”

“Yeah, why not? You and I think alike and that’s kinda nice, especially since I don’t know how long we’ll be traveling together with all this kidnapping business, just think of all the golden material we could have before this is over with.”

“Hmmm…ok.”

“Ok?”

“Ok.”
***

He said, ‘make love.’ Buffy laughed under her breath, not sure why the words left her feeling strange. Fuck I can handle, maybe even shag, but make love? It’s like hearing your mom say penis…

Blah.

She pushed the thoughts out of her mind and walked to through the restaurant to its bathroom.

I think he likes me.

Blah.

She pushed through the door of the stall and locked the door.

I know he loves that story and he wants to share it with me…damn that’s a big deal.

Blah.

She sighed and began to untie the strings of her pajama pants.
***

“Now where to?” Buffy asked as they approached William’s car. She watched as he put their bags in the back seat and then ran around the car so he could open the door for her. “Thanks, but you don’t have to do that.”

“Um…sorry, habit.”

“Oh, it’s not a bad thing, I’m not used to it.”

“That’s a shame, pet.”

“I guess.”

“Do you think we should try to find a place again? Somewhere to hang out?”

“Yeah because you’ll need to call back and say where Hank can drop off the money, but I think we could drive more today and find another hotel for tonight.”

“Sounds good.” After buckling his seatbelt, William started the car and headed towards the freeway. “I’ll be happy to stop driving for awhile the scenery is nice but it’s a pain sitting all day.”

“We should go out somewhere tonight when we stop.”

“Like a date?”

“Like me and you going to get food and possibly there could be dancing.”

“Dancing, huh?”

“Maybe.”

“I’ll look forward to it.”
***

“Shit! Shit!”

“What?” Buffy woke with a start and stared as William continued to curse at the radio. “What?!”

“Listen.” He turned up the news report and panted heavily as he sped on the highway. “Now they’re after us, the police are on the lookout and they spotted us at the tourist stop.”

“Well we weren’t really hiding, were we?”

“Balls.” He grumbled and ran a hand through his hair in frustration.

“Huh?”

“We need to dump the car…and get disguises or something. You interested in being a brunette again, pet?”

“How do you…shut up! Why do you have to keep on reminding me that you’ve seen me naked?!”

“Because it lightens the mood. What are we gonna do? What if we get caught?”

“We won’t get caught.”

“How can you say that with so much confidence?”

“Because if I panic like you, would that help us? You freak out and I’ll be the calm the one.”

“So we’ll balance out?”

“Mmmm…yeah.”

“I just don’t like not knowing what’s going to happen next. Nothing is guaranteed at the moment, hell we don’t even know if we’re going to get our money--.”

“We’ll get the money. You won’t be going to jail. I’ll help you with your novel and it will be really good, maybe even a best seller. We’ll find somewhere to hide tomorrow and then when we’re not on the road, the police won’t know where to look.”

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”
***

“I need to pee.”

“Again? We already stopped not too long ago, pet.”

“I saw the sign back there for a McDonald’s; get off at this exit.”

“We shouldn’t be going through highly populated areas…”

“I. Need. To. Pee.”

“Fine, fine.”
***

“I want to stay over there tonight.” Buffy tapped on William’s shoulder and pointed to the motel across the street from the fast food restaurant.

“No.”

“Why not?”

“I’m not staying in a bloody teepee.”

“They’re wigwams.”

“Doesn’t matter, I don’t wanna.”

“Please? I’ve always wanted to stay in one. It will be fun, an adventure. Please?”

“It’s too close to the freeway.”

“Park in the back.”

“They look really tiny.”

“So what? We’ll snuggle.”

“What?”

“Please?” Buffy pouted her lip and batted her eyes. “Please William? When will we have the chance to sleep in a cylinder shaped motel room again?”
***

“This is great!”

“So teepees make you happy? I’ll remember that.” William looked around the small room and shrugged. “It is tiny but it’ll do.”

“Hehe.” Buffy sat on the edge of the bed and bounced. “Well that’s gonna suck.”

“What?”

“No door to the bathroom.”

“Oh. I’ll be closing my eyes a lot I gather.”

“Yes sir.”

“Was it what you expected? The room?”

“Yup, even better. It’s old and musty and I’ll be shocked if the air conditioner will work and the shower curtain…” She craned her neck to peek into the bathroom that was literally inches away from their bed. “It’s see through.”

“Goodie, I’ll be hiding under the covers all night so I won’t see any of your goodies.”

“No you won’t, we’re going out, remember? Our date?”

William grinned and looked away, he had remembered and he wasn’t going to bring it up and risk looking like a fool. “Where we going, love?”
***

“Great, it’s bloody Karaoke Night.” William grumbled and grabbed Buffy’s wrist and let her to the back of the smoky bar to an empty table. “You shouldn’t have worn those things again. You want me to get your jacket from the car?”

Buffy looked down at her tank top and mini skirt and frowned. “You really hate my clothes? I didn’t want to come here in my pjs, especially with you looking nice in your yummy, tight clothes.”

“Yummy?”

“I don’t need my jacket and if you see my ass or God-forbid, a nipple, just deal with it and I’ll let you tease me about it tomorrow.”

“Will do. Damn, I hate this fucking song. Where’s a waitress?”

“What song?” Buffy sat up in her chair and listened to the loud jukebox. “I’ve never heard it before. Bad memories?”

“Yeah, of my ex.”

“Oooh, bad break up?”

“I wouldn’t say it was a bad relationship. No, Dru and I, we had some great times together, we just, you know, grew apart as people. We were both very…adult about it. There was no bitterness on either side.”

“She left you.”

“No, no, no, no. What does a bloke have do to get a drink in here?” He tapped his fingers on the table and avoided Buffy’s eyes. “Yes, she left me.”

“The aerobics instructor?”

“Jesus, how do you know that?”

“You have the demeanor of a man whose partner has left him for an aerobics instructor.”

“I do? What do I have a sign on my back or something? ‘Kick me?’ ‘Loser?”

“You dreamed of something better and she wanted something now, right?”

“Fuck.”
***

“Better?”

“Much.” William drank his beer and pushed his memories of Drusilla aside. “Can I tell you about a dream I keep on having?”

“No.”

“It’s a strange dream…”

“Please, I don’t want to hear about it.”

“I swear it’s harmless and not what you think.”

“No.”

“Right, sorry.”

“It’s just that…” Buffy sighed and finished her beer. “Dreams can mean so many different things and I just don’t wanna get into it…I’ll read into it and it won’t be pretty, trust me.”

“I do.” He said the words quickly and hoped Buffy may have missed his confession. “So tell me a dark and nasty secret. I told you ‘bout Drusilla.”

“Drusilla? What kinda name is that?”

“I don’t know Buffy.”

“Shut up. Now listen, if I win, you’re buying me a Wigwam Motel lamp, with the shade.”

“Win what? You want one of those tacky things?”

“And if you win…” Buffy lined up two rows of glasses. “You can get whatever. But there’s a pattern, ‘k? Salt, lemon, alcohol.”

“You sure?”

“Indulge me, William.”

“Alright.”
***

“Tie. Again?”

“Yeah.”
***

William blinked and found himself staring into a spotlight on a stage. He swallowed and wiped the back of his hand across his forehead. With tequila burning in his stomach, William spoke into the microphone. “H—Hello. This is kinda neat.” He chuckled and tapped the mic. “I wanna sing a song, a duet with my Buffy. Buffy! Buffy! Where are you, love? This song is very important to us.”

“I don’t sing.” Buffy spoke between clenched teeth after she was pushed on stage.

“Neither do I.” He whispered, before wrapping an arm around Buffy’s shoulders. “Miss, can we have another round of drinks before we start?”
***

“It's far beyond a star, it's near beyond the moon…I know beyond a doubt…”

“You have a lovely singing voice.”

“Thanks.” Buffy hiccupped and took another drink. “You have a lovely…a lovely…damn, I just think you’re lovely, William.”

“I think you’re lovely too.”

Buffy covered her mouth and giggled. “You already said that.”

“Oh, sorry. You wanna sing again?”

“No, I wanna go back to our teeepeee. Isn’t that a fun word? Teeeeepee?”

“God, you’re drunk pet.”

“So are you?”

“True. Let’s go.”
***

“Stop falling like that. Here let me help. Lean on me.” Buffy grabbed onto William’s shirt and gasped. “God, you feel nice.” She slid her hand under his shirt and ran her palm over the muscles of his chest. “Really nice.”

“Thanks.” William stumbled, as they walked down the sidewalk and to their motel. “Stop petting me though, I may get the wrong idea about you, my Buffy.”

“We’re almost home. Oops.” Buffy laughed as William slipped from her grip and fell to the ground. “William, get up.”

“No. I like it down here. Join me.” He caught her at the bend of her knee and made it so she collapsed on him. “Nice, huh?”

“Very.” She tucked her hair behind her ears and continued to laugh as she laid on him. “You’re comfy.”

“So are you.”

“Is your hand up my skirt?”

“Um…no.”

“Your hand is on my ass, William.”

“Erm…I didn’t want you to flash our neighbors.”

Buffy swallowed and became dazed by William’s wild hair and boyish expression. “Did your lips always look so soft?”

“I try to keep ‘em looking their best, you know.”

Buffy froze and felt him panting underneath her and the warmth of his hand against the bare cheek of her behind. She licked her lips and bent down closer to William’s face.

“What are you doing?”

“I don’t know.” She pressed her lips to William’s bottom lip and paused, it wasn’t really a kiss, just an experimental touch. She pulled back slowly and licked her lips again. “Um…I…”

William’s face echoed Buffy’s confusion and he took a deep breath before he brushed a stubborn strand of hair from her face. “Buffy.”

“William.”

“What are you doing, Buffy?”

“I really don’t know.” She bit her lip and swallowed, suddenly thirsty. “But I think I really want to kiss you, William.”

“Oh?”

“Ah huh. What do you think about that?”

“I think you’re really drunk…”

“I am.”

“And I think…I think my head hurts from resting it on the cement and I think…”

Before he could continue Buffy cupped her hands under his head and straddled his waist between her legs. “This shouldn’t be happening, but it is and I can’t stop it, William.” She barely punctuated her sentence before she began kissing him and tasting the alcohol that flavored the depths of his mouth.
***

“Mmmm…” William rested Buffy’s back against the door of the motel room as he struggled to take the keys out of his jeans. “Buff…I…stop.” He moaned as she nipped at and kissed his neck as she held onto him tightly with legs wrapped around him.

“Hurry. Hurry.”

“I am, but I can’t just the bloody door open.” He tried to keep his hand steady and aim for the keyhole. “Every thing’s spinning, pet.”

“Here.” She kissed him again, taking his breath away before jumping off of him. She quickly unlocked the door and pushed William inside.
***

“Ow…ow…ow!”

“Sorry, did that hurt?”

“Yes.”

“I’ll kiss it and make it better.” Buffy grinned mischievously and licked the head of William’s erection with the tip of her tongue.

“God!”

“Hurt?”

“No, no.”

“Good.”

“Pet, I think we should…” William’s eyes bugged out as Buffy stood on her knees and took off her top and tossed it. “Condom.”

“No need.”

“Sure?”

“Very.” She flung her damp thong on the pile with the rest of their clothes. “Ready?”

“Ready.”
***