Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm so sorry that I haven't been able to update. I haven't had the internet for at least 2 weeks so I haven't been able to post anything. Hope this makes up for it.
Buffy breathed a sigh of relief after she got off the phone with her mother. Everything was fine in Sunnydale, nothing out of the ordinary was happening so at least she knew her family was safe.

She walked down the hall and knocked on Spike’s bedroom door, “Will?” There was no answer so she just opened the door and saw him sitting on the edge of the bed with his back turned.

Buffy walked in and crawled on the bed behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist before putting her head on his shoulder, “Please don’t shut me out Will, I want to be here for you.”

“I know Buffy but it’s hard since I want and need to keep you safe. These are dangerous people, luv. Not people you want to get mixed up with.”

“Well then I’m lucky I have you around to protect me from them. But you know I can kick some ass if needed, this is what I’m a black belt for.” She smiled as she tried to lighten the mood.

Spike got up off the bed, “This isn’t funny Buffy.” He started pacing the room but stopped when he saw the look Buffy was giving him.

“I’m sorry, this is just all new to me that’s all. I’ve never really been around anyone that people are trying to hunt down and kill.”

“Maybe we should stay away from each other, maybe that will be easier.”

“No,” Buffy said straight out. “I’m not leaving and I’m not letting you push me away either. We’re in this together and do you really think that they’d stop if I wasn’t around? They’ll probably come after me all by my lonesome Will and then you’d be wracked with guilt that you couldn’t save me when I’m laying dead in a ditch somewhere.”

“Alright stop.” Spike ran his hand through his hair, “We’ll figure something out ok? But no matter where we go they’ll likely track us down.”

Buffy frowned, “Will what’s that?”

“What’s what?”

“That on your forehead? It’s a red-” Her eyes widened, “Oh my God.” She leapt up off the bed and jumped on Spike knocking him to the ground just as a bullet came through the window.

“Bloody hell.” Another shot was fired, “Buffy stay down!”

They started crawling their way across the floor to the door, “People should really stop trying to kill you today.” Buffy covered her head as another shot was fired. “Oh God we’re gonna die.”

“We’re not gonna die. Just stay low, I’m going to get up and you’re going to head for the door. Don’t worry about me, just get out of the room.”

“Will I’m not leaving you.”

“Buffy go!” Spike screamed at her and he got up from behind the bed, “Come on you bloody wanker, shoot me.” He looked down to see the red dot on his chest and he quickly dropped to the ground again, “Now Buffy.”

Buffy screamed as she made her way across the floor and out the door. She turned back to see Spike on the floor, “Oh no. No, no, no, no.” She saw the blood, he wasn’t quick enough.

She ran back over to him and dropped to her knees, “Come on Will, don’t die on me. Stay with me.” She got out her cell and quickly called the ambulance. Buffy cradled him in her arms until the paramedics got there and took over.

Buffy sat in the back of the ambulance with Spike, praying that he’d be ok. She replayed the days events in her head knowing it would only get worse. Two attempts in one day, she couldn’t handle any more.

Spike was immediately rushed to surgery and Buffy was told to wait until they had any news. She sat down and rocked herself back and forth as she cried. “Please let him be ok,: she whispered.

Hours passed before the doctor came back out to meet Buffy. She stood up, “Is he going to be ok?”

“There was some damage to his abdomen but we were able to repair it. He lost a lot of blood but he’s stable, we won’t know anything else for the next 24 hours. All we can do is wait.”

Buffy breathed a sigh of relief, “Oh thankyou Doctor. Can I see him?”

The doctor nodded and told Buffy to follow him, “He’s heavily sedated and will likely be out for a while.”

“I just want to sit with him.” She walked into the room and a batch of fresh tears started flowing down her cheeks. He looked so helpless laying there. She walked over and grabbed his hand in hers, “Please come back to me.” Buffy sat down in the chair and just looked at him while she stroked the back of his hand with her thumb.

Buffy felt Spike move and she moved closer to him, “Will?”

“Bloody hell, I feel like I’ve been hit by a truck.”

“Shh don’t talk.” She brushed some hair off his forehead and leant over and kissed him, “You scared me so much, I thought you weren’t going to make it.”

Spike smiled a little, still very sleepy. “You can’t get rid of me that easily.” He gave her hand a gentle squeeze.

“I never want to get rid of you.” She started crying again but this time it was happy tears. “I don’t know what I would have done if I lost you. And it feels like I’ve said that a lot today.”

Buffy moved to sit on the bed next to him, “They almost killed you, twice. They’re going to try again Will, it’s just going to get worse.”

“Shh Buffy it’s ok. I’m alive, it takes more than a bullet wound in the gut to kill me.” He moved a little but winced in pain.

“What are we going to do Will?”

“Let’s not worry about that now ok? We’re safe in here.”

She nodded and Spike opened up his arms and Buffy moved to lay beside him making sure not to hurt him.

A few hours passed and Buffy woke up still next to Spike. He was sleeping soundly so she got up and quickly wrote a note saying she was going back to his apartment to pick up a few things for him and she’ll be right back.

Buffy got to the apartment and opened the door, automatically dropping the keys. “Who are you and what are you doing?”

“I’m an old friend of Will’s. How’s he doing by the way?” He got up from the couch, “You’re so much hotter up close, he’s got good taste.”

Buffy backed away from him, “You’re the one who tried to kill him aren’t you?”

“One of the many, I wasn’t the one who shot him directly but I saw it happen.”

Buffy frantically tried to look around for some kind of weapon and kept moving back slowly, “Who are you and what do you want?”

“Name’s Angelus. And what do I want? Let’s see, what do I want. Well for starters I would like that piece of shit you call your boyfriend 6 feet under.”

“You’re never going to get to him, Will’s fine. Your plan of killing him didn’t work. You may be losing your touch, two tries in one day and he’s still not dead? You may need to rethink your approach.”

Angelus lunged toward Buffy and grabbed her by the throat and bashed her head on the counter, “You better watch your mouth with me girl or Will could find a little dead surprise in his bed when he comes home.”

Buffy cried out and got slammed against the wall finding it hard to breathe. Tears started running down her face and Angelus let her go and she fell to the floor. She rubbed her neck and just looked up him before kicking her legs out and knocking Angelus to the floor.

He hit the floor with a thud which gave Buffy the chance to get up and run out the door. Angelus got up and ran after her, quickly catching up to her. He grabbed her by the shirt and slammed her into the wall and the next thing Buffy knew was darkness.