Buffy opened her eyes and winched as she felt her head pounding. “Where am I?” She looked around and the room was dark except for one light up above her head. She squinted her eyes a little to try and make out if anyone was in the room with her but it was dead silent. She tried moving her arms but they were tied around the chair she was sitting on. “Great, no way out.”

“It’s about time you woke up, you were out for a while.” Angelus strode into the room and just smirked down at her. “And there’s no point in trying to get out of that rope because you won’t. I’m afraid you’re stuck here until I let you go.”

“What do you want from me? I have nothing to do with what you want from Will.”

“No but he loves you and when he notices you’re missing he’ll come look for you even though he’s injured. He puts your life ahead of his, always has. This way he’ll come for you and then since his guard is down I’ll get what I want.”

“And what’s that?”

Angelus just laughed, “For a chick that hot you sure aren’t that smart Buffy.”

“You know you’ll never kill him, you’ll never get what you want. Think about it, you’ve tried multiple times and you’ve still failed. What does that tell you?”

“That I have idiots working for me?” He reached out and grazed Buffy’s cheek with his hand and she turned away disgusted. Angelus just smirked a little. “Once he’s dead this will all be over.”

“When this is over you’ll either be dead or going to prison for life.” She cried out as Angelus’s hand came across her cheek. She winced as her cheek stung and looked up at him, “Truth hurts doesn’t it?”

“Not as much as it’s going to hurt you to watch me kill Will.” He grabbed her face in his hand and planted a kiss on her lips before leaving her there.

Spike woke up and felt the empty space next to him, “Buffy?” He looked around and found the note she left him. He smiled and wondered how long she had been gone when the nurse came in. “Did you see when Buffy left?”

“The blonde woman? She left about 4 hours ago, give or take an hour. You’ve been out to it but you do need your rest.”

“4 hours?” Spike started to panic, “I need to get out of here.”

“What? You’re not going anywhere, you’re staying right where you are. Oh and before I forget some guy rang to check to see how you were. Said his name was Angelus and told me to tell you that he was with a woman picking up a couple of things for you.”
Spike’s eyes widened, “Oh God, Buffy.”

“What? What’s wrong?”

“That’s why I need to get out of here, I need to leave right now.” Spike threw back the covers and swung around before slowly getting up.

“Sir, you need to lay down. You are still badly injured.” The nurse tried to sit him back down but he pushed her away and she fell against the wall.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry but I have to go.” Spike quickly made his way out of the room as best he could, quickly stealing a robe. He held his stomach as he walked slowly, wincing in pain but trying to push that aside.

Spike tracked down a cab and made his way back to his apartment. “Wait here, I just need to get changed.” He walked up to his apartment and froze when he saw something stuck to the door. He walked over and grabbed the envelope off the door and opened it. “Angelus.” A note telling him where to come if he ever wanted to see Buffy again was in Spike’s hand. He quickly walked inside and got changed before going back down to the cab.

Buffy looked around as she heard the door open and in came Angelus again, “Not you again,” she whispered. “Come to torture me again by making me look at you?”

“Funny. No, just came to tell you that the word on the street is that Will’s on his way. Ran out of hospital when he heard that I had you and found the note I left him. He’ll fall straight into my trap and then he’s dead.”

“Will’s not stupid, he won’t just fall into your trap. And I don’t get it, why not just move on and start a new life for yourself? You don’t need to include killing Will in this little plan you have going.”

“He’s the one that started it all Buffy so I have to get rid of him. If it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t have had to start a new life over in the first place. I lost everything because of him and there’s no way I’m letting him do that to me again.”

“You really should get a new hobby.”

“And you should really stop being such a whiney bitch. Honestly, I don’t even know how Will puts up with you. Or maybe I do, you’re a Viking in the sack aren’t you Buffy?”

“Well you’ll never know.”

Angelus just laughed, “Oh the things I could teach you, I just might have the chance one day. Keep you around as my own personal whore once this is over.”

“I’d rather stab myself in the eye a thousand times over than touch you.”

“Feisty, I like it.” Angelus walked closer and grabbed her hair pulling her head back and looking down at her, “I think I liked you better when you were blonde.” He let her go and stood back.

“How do you know I was blonde?”

“I’ve seen photos Buffy. Will had them all around his office when we worked at the law firm. Pretty little thing you were, especially that photo in your cheerleading outfit from high school. Damn, you were fine.”

“So 16 year old girls are your thing? Wow, not just a drug dealer but a pedophile too. That list just keeps getting longer doesn’t it?”

The cab pulled up outside the little warehouse and Spike looked around. “Thanks.” He paid the cab driver and got out looking around for any signs of Angelus’s men. He walked up slowly and opened the door and was immediately grabbed by 2 men.

Angelus looked up as one of his men walked in the room and told him Spike had arrived. “Ah, the fun begins.” He untied Buffy before grabbed her and walking out of the room. “Will, welcome. It’s about time you got here.”