18 Months Later

Buffy walked into the gallery and made her way upstairs to her office. She looked down and smiled as she saw the photo of her and Spike together. She closed her eyes and remembered that perfect day. She felt a pair of arms wrap around her from behind and she leant into his embrace. “You know you shouldn’t sneak up on me like that.” She turned around and leant up to kiss her husband.

“I’m sorry. What are you even doing here? You know you should be at home resting; you’re very heavily pregnant Buffy. You could burst any moment.”

“Oh thanks for that. Now I know how you really feel, you think I’m a fat cow.”

Spike laughed, “Come on, luv. I think you’re bloody beautiful, you just should be resting.” He kissed her forehead, “I can take care of the gallery, after all it’s partly mine.”

Buffy smiled up at him, “I know, one of the best things we’ve ever done. But I never really thought we’d move back to Sunnydale and open a gallery together. But yet again I never thought we’d do anything ever again.”

“Buffy, we went through hell to get where we are today. I’m just glad that we’re ok and we’re getting our chance.”

“I know, me too. After what happened I just didn’t want to wait any more. Life is short so I’m happy that we decided to get married right away. I love you and I never want to go through anything that horrible again. I almost lost you for at least the third time in my life.”

Spike cupped her face in his hands, “You won’t ever again Buffy. We got our lives back and we’ve got a baby on the way. Nothing is more perfect.” He leant down and kissed her softly.

Buffy pulled back, “Oh no.”

Spike frowned, “What?”

“I think my water just broke.”

He looked at her, “Are you serious?”

“Look at the rug Spike. Oh God I’m having a baby.”

“Ok Buffy calm down, let’s go. I’ll call Joyce on the way to the hospital.” Spike and Buffy made their way downstairs, “Lorne, look after the gallery. We’re going to have a baby.”

Spike helped Buffy in to the car and they made their way to the hospital. Buffy cried out in pain as her first contraction hit and she grabbed on to Spike’s hand and squeezed it.

“Bloody hell, you’re freakishly strong.”

“That isn’t helping, I’m in labor.” She glared at Spike and breathed through her pain.

They pulled up at the entrance of the hospital and got out quickly, Spike running to get a wheelchair.

20 minutes later Buffy was laying back in the hospital bed screaming in pain as her contractions were closer together. “I feel it coming Will, it hurts.”

“Buffy it’s ok, you’re doing great. Just a little while longer and you can start pushing ok?” She brushed some hair out of her forehead and saw the doctor come in.

“Alright Buffy, you’re at 10 centimeters now, you can start pushing.” Spike held her leg up and grabbed her hand, “You can do it Buffy.”

Buffy screamed out as she pushed as hard as she could before falling back onto the bed breathing hard.

“Push again when you have the next contraction, just two more Buffy and you’ll have your baby.”

Buffy felt another contraction coming and screamed again and was told to push as hard as she could.

“Keep going Buffy, almost there.” Buffy kept pushing and then felt an emptiness as the baby was out. She felt back on the bed breathing hard and started crying a little.

“You’re new parents of a little baby girl, congratulations.” The doctor handed the baby over to the nurse to get cleaned up.

“Hear that Buffy? We have a little girl.” Spike kissed her forehead and watched as the nurse bought their baby over and handed her to Buffy.

“Wow, she’s so tiny.” She smiled down at her daughter and felt the tears starting again, “Hey baby girl.” She couldn’t have felt more happy right at this moment, “She’s absolutely perfect.”

Spike leant down and placed a soft kiss on Buffy’s lips before kissing his daughter’s forehead. “Definitely perfect, looks like her mother.”

Buffy laughed a little, “She’ll have your blue eyes for sure.” She rocked her back and forth and couldn’t believe that they had a daughter.
Spike walked out into the waiting room where Joyce, Dawn, Xander and Willow were waiting. “Would you like to meet my daughter?”

They all cheered and Dawn got up hugging Spike tightly, “I’m an Auntie!” Joyce walked over and kissed Spike’s cheek, “Congratulations daddy.”

They all made their way into Buffy’s room and crowed around her bed seeing the baby. “Wow she’s beautiful,” Willow said as she stood next to Buffy.

“I can’t believe she’s actually here, she’s just perfect.” Buffy kissed her daughter’s forehead and felt Spike sit next to her on the bed.

“So have you thought of a name for her?” Xander asked as he sat down across from the bed.

Buffy looked up at Spike and nodded telling Spike he could announce it. “Well we were thinking about Ashlee Joyce.”

Joyce’s eyes welled up with tears, “I’m so touched. She grabbed her daughters hand and gave it a squeeze.

“You’ve been there for all of us mom and we’ve always had that name in mind for our first child.” Buffy smiled and Spike grabbed Ashlee off her and held his daughter for the first time. “Xander, Willow? How do you feel about being Ashlee’s godparents?”

“Oh my God, are you serious?” Willow squealed a little but Xander calmed her down.

“We’d be honored Buffy, there’s nothing we’d like more.” Xander got up and kissed Buffy’s forehead.

Dawn moved over to Spike and looked down at Ashlee, “I see she got all the good looks from this side of the family.” She just smirked and Spike just shook his head.

“This will be you soon, you’re already half way there. Look at the size of that engagement ring!” Buffy pointed to the ring on Dawn’s hand.

“What? He’s rich and has good taste. But that’s so not the reason why I’m marrying him.”

Buffy just laughed and looked around the room, never being happier that her and Will got a second chance at happiness.

The End


Chapter End Notes:
And that's it! I finally updated and finished it. And that's my first fic, hope you enjoyed it and I'll likely write more eventually. Thanks for all the comments guys! Xoxo