After lunch and catching up with Dawn, Buffy decided to head out for a while for some fresh air. She drove around town and before she knew where she was she was outside her and Will’s home. She got out of the car and leant against it as she looked at their home. It hadn’t changed at all.

“I wondered when you’d show up here.”

Buffy whipped her head around to see Spike standing beside her, “Yeah well I had to come and see if it was still standing.”

“Can we talk? Maybe inside?” He saw Buffy nod and they walked up the path. “Oh right, we need a key.”

Buffy smiled and bent down under the doormat and pulled one out, “Surprised you forgot we had a spare under there.” She unlocked the door and they headed inside, “Wow, it really hasn’t changed.”

“A lot of memories here isn’t there?” Buffy didn’t look at him and they made their way into the living room to the couch.

“So..” Buffy said. “I’m sorry for what I said to you at the cemetery. I honestly don’t think you’re still dead to me. I was just angry that you kept this from me but I’ve been thinking a lot and I know why you did it.”

“I did it for us. I knew one day I’d be able to come back to you but I just had to wait for the right time.”

“The right time being 5 years? Care to explain that one to me?” Buffy turned a little to face Spike.

“Turns out that no one is after me anymore Buffy. I’m a free man, I don’t have to keep hiding. That’s why I’ve come back. I still need to be careful but I want to be here Buffy.”

“I just don’t know what to think Will. You’ve been gone for so long and it’s doing my head in trying to get everything straight.”

Spike nodded, “I know. It’s hard for me too luv, so you’re not the only one.” He sighed, God Buffy I love you so much, there was never anyone else. I’d count down the days until I could finally come back to you and the moment is here.”

Buffy felt a tear trickle down her cheek, “Will, we have a lot to work through. You can’t just expect to come back here and find me and think we can pick up where we left off.”

“I never said I expected that Buffy. I will understand if you can’t trust me but I’m willing to earn that back. Just don’t shut me out, don’t tell me there can’t be anything between us again.”
“I don’t know what I want right now. Can you give me some time to think about it? I’m still getting use to the idea of you being back that’s all. But I’m not shutting you out, I’ve never stopped loving you either but it will just take some time. Can you accept that?”

“Of course Buffy, I will give you all the time in the world. I’m not going anywhere again, I promise.” He gave her a faint smile and moved closer to her, “Can I at least hug you?”

“Yes Will you can hug me.” She moved closer and wrapped her arms around his neck. As soon as she felt his arms around her she melted into his embrace, remembering the feeling of being in his arms again.

“I’ve missed you so much,” he whispered.

“I’ve missed you too.” She closed her eyes and inhaled his scent, one that she hadn’t smelled in a very long time.

Spike held her tightly and kissed her hair, never wanting to let go.

“Do I really have to call you Spike?” she mumbled against his chest.

He let out a laugh, “Everyone that knows me does because they don’t know the other me. But no Buffy, you don’t have to call me Spike.”

She nodded against him, “You’ve just always been Will to me, that won’t change.” She pulled back and looked into his eyes, feeling his hand brush her cheek. She nuzzled it and smiled warmly.

“How about I cook you dinner tonight?”

“Actually I have plans. Mom invited Xander and Willow over for dinner tonight, family reunion and all that. I’d invite you along but I think I just need to tell them alone that you’re still alive.”

“So you haven’t told them yet?”

“I’ve told mom and Dawn. So tonight I’ll tell Xander and Willow, although you coming along might take the pressure off me a little. Considering you and Xander were friends.”

Spike nodded, “Buffy if you want me there I’m there.” He heard her laugh a little, “What’s so funny, luv?”

“It’s just been a very long day. I wasn’t even going to come here today but I did. I never thought in a million years I’d come back to Sunnydale. Not to mention reunite with my family and find out you’re alive. It still feels very unreal to me.”

“It will take some time getting use to, pet. But I’m not going anywhere, I’m here for the long haul Buffy and it’s going to take a lot to try and get rid of me.”

Buffy nodded against his hand before he dropped it from her cheek. She frowned at the loss on contact but let it go, “I don’t want you to go anywhere. I just need time, I don’t want to lose you again.”

“And you won’t.” He took her hands in his and looked up at her, “Like I said, I’ll give you all the time in the world.” Spike leant forward and placed a kiss on her forehead.

“Thank you.” Buffy moved her hands away, “So, have you told your dad you’re alive yet?”

“Actually yes. Well not me personally but he’s in England and was informed about my return. He’s on the first flight back here apparently so I expect to see him tomorrow. I can almost see him taking his glasses off and cleaning them when he found out the news.”

Buffy laughed a little, “Good old Giles huh? Well I’ll be happy to see him, I’ve missed him.” She ran a hand through her hair, “How about we go and get some coffee? I’m in the need for a caffeine fix.”

“Sure, luv.” He smiled and they both hopped up off the couch before walking outside. “Drive or walk?”

“Let’s walk. I need the fresh air.” They walked down the steps and turned left and headed toward the coffee house. “Will, what have you been doing all these years?”

Spike put his hands in his jacket pockets as they walked down the path, “Well once I got into witness protection I had to have a career change. After I left the law firm I had to give that up and I went into art. Much like you.”

“You’re into art now? I knew you always loved it but I never think you’d pursue a career in it.”

“Neither did I but I own my own gallery up in New York now. And that’s what I’ve been focusing on in the past 5 years. What about you Buffy? Still into art?”

“I actually own a gallery myself in LA. It’s been doing well, I even paint and draw some of the pieces when I have time.”

“You were always quite the artist Buffy.” They turned the corner and walked into the coffee shop getting a quiet booth in the corner. “I’m proud of you.”

She smiled, “Thank you. I haven’t done much but thank you. It means a lot coming from you.” They ordered their coffee and spent the next few hours catching up. “Oh my God, is that the time?” she asked as she looked at her watch. “Mom’s expecting me home for dinner.”

“Let’s get going then.” He got up and helped her stand up before grabbing their coats.

“Are you still coming?”

“Do you want me to?”

“Yes, of course I want you to.”

“Well then it’s settled, luv. I’ll be a nice surprise for the whelp and Red when they get there.”

“If you give one of them a heart attack you’re paying the hospital bills.” Spike chuckled and they left the coffee house to go to Joyce’s place.