Spike opened the door and walked out on to the porch where Buffy was. “Hey, you ok?”

Buffy turned around, “I’m fine, I just needed a breather that’s all.”

“You forget when I know you’re lying, luv.” He walked over and stood next to her, “I know it must have been hard hearing everything but I promise you I’m not keeping anything from you.”

“It’s not that Will, well partly but it’s just everything. It’s just a little overwhelming that’s all. In the matter of a couple of hours my life has changed so dramatically and I’m trying to take it all in. It’s not easy.”

“Sounds like I shouldn’t have come back and disrupted your life then.”

Buffy turned to Will, “Hey it’s not like that and you know it. I never once said that I regretted you being back because that is far from the truth.”

Spike sighed, “I know, luv. I’m sorry, I just feel as though you don’t want me around. But I understand why you’re being distant Buffy, I do. But please don’t take too long to come around, I’ve missed you.”

“God Will I’ve missed you too but I can’t exactly put a time frame on something like this,” she said starting to get a little annoyed.

“I know that Buffy! You asked for time and that’s what I’m giving you. I guess I’m just getting my hopes up for wanting something more.” He turned toward her, “Buffy look at me.”

Buffy turned slowly and then looked up at him. He reached up and cupped her cheek and she felt her stomach do a little flip, something that happened every time he use to touch her.

“Buffy I love you, that hasn’t changed and I know you love me too, we both know that but you’re scared. But I’ll give you time Buffy, I’ll wait forever.”

Buffy looked up at him with tears in her eyes and felt her breath catch in her throat as his piercing blue eyes stared back at her, “Will..” she whispered.

Spike leant down and Buffy prepared herself, closing her eyes and leaning forward a little.

“Dessert is ready you two!” Joyce called out and Buffy pulled back quickly, “Guess we better head in.” Buffy turned away and walked back inside quickly.

“Bloody hell.” Spike mentally kicked himself before following her inside. They took their seats at the table again and Buffy never once looked his way.
“So have you got somewhere to stay Spike? Because our couch is always available.”

“I have a hotel room Joyce but thanks anyway. I don’t want to make things more awkward.” He glanced at Buffy and she looked down.

“I’d offer for you to stay with us but we have a screaming 2 year old that may keep you up all night.” Xander smiled.

Willow nudged Xander, “She’s not that bad, she’s just going through a stage. That and she takes after her daddy.”

Spike chuckled, “I’ll have to meet this little girl. What’s her name?”

“Lily. She’s so adorable and I know she’ll love you. But please don’t corrupt her little mind, not at least until she’s 16. I know how you work Will.” Willow glared which made Spike laugh and put his hands up in surrender.

“Oh please, with you two as parents she’s already corrupted,” Dawn chimed in.

Joyce started dishing out dessert and she just shook her head, “My granddaughter is the perfect little angel, she’s been raised well.”

The rest of the night went smoothly and it was getting late so they all decided to head home. “Will, come by tomorrow and we’ll hang out. I get off work about 4 so come any time after that.”

Spike nodded, “Will do mate.” He gave his friend a hug, “Good to see you whelp.” He kissed Willow’s cheek and watched them leave before he turned back to see Buffy walk back into the kitchen.

“Well I’m beat, I have an early start in the morning so I’m going to bed. Night everyone.” Dawn kissed Spike’s cheek before heading upstairs for the night.

“Here mom, let me do that.” Buffy grabbed the dishes and started cleaning.

“I interrupted something outside before didn’t I?”

“No, not at all. We were just talking, nothing happened.”

“Buffy, even after all these years I can tell you’re holding back. I’m not going to push you into telling me but I think you should figure out what you want. Be true your heart Buffy, I’ve always told you if you want something go for it.” She kissed her daughter’s forehead before saying goodnight to both her and Spike and heading to bed.

“So, alone at last.” Spike walked into the kitchen and stood next to Buffy helping her with the dishes.
“Will you don’t need to do that.”

“We need to talk Buffy.”

“About what? I think we’ve said all we needed to say haven’t we?”

“No Buffy we haven’t.” He threw the towel down and turned toward her, “We almost kissed outside and then you ran away before we had a chance to talk about it.”

“There’s nothing to talk about, nothing happened so can we just leave it?”

Spike sighed, “Fine, we’ll do what you want Buffy. As always,” he muttered. He pulled a piece of paper out of his back pocket and handed it to her, “That’s my room number at the hotel if you need me for anything.” He gave her one last look before walking out and heading back to the hotel.

Sleep didn’t come easy. Buffy was wide awake and couldn’t stop tossing and turning. She eventually sat up and switched her lamp on glancing at the piece of paper sitting on her nightstand. A few seconds later she was dressed and jumping out her bedroom window.

Spike turned over in bed and just looked at up his ceiling, Buffy never leaving his mind. He sat up when there was a knock at his door and he got up slipping his boxers on before answering the door. He was surprised she’d turn up but was glad.

Buffy eyed his naked chest and felt herself wanting to drool. She looked up at him for a few seconds, looking into those eyes and they were filled with love. She stepped forward and kissed him passionately not wanting to hold back anymore.

Spike wrapped his arms around her and held her close kissing her back just as passionately. He turned them around and kicked the door shut before pressing her against the wall. They broke away and both of them were panting hard, “God Buffy I’ve missed you so much.”

She captured his lips in a fiery kiss again, “Just make love to me Will. Please.”

“Anything my princess wants.” Spike picked her up in his arms and walked over to the bed gently laying her down and crawling up the bed to lie on top of her. “You’re so beautiful Buffy.”

Buffy moaned his name quietly as he kissed her neck and jaw line, “Please Will I need you.” She moved against him a little and felt a bolt of electricity shoot through her body.

Spike reached up and undid her robe revealing a little nightie she was wearing. He pulled the straps down and kissed her shoulder before taking it off and throwing it to the floor. He bent down and took her breast in his mouth, circling her nipple with his tongue.
“Oh God Will.” Buffy arched her back pushing her chest up him. She hadn’t been with anyone else since Will. She could never bring herself to open up to anyone else like this.

Spike moved his hands down, “Lift up Buffy.” She raised her hips off the bed and he pulled her panties off, “God everything about you is perfect, I’ve missed you.”

“I’ve missed you too Will.” Spike got off the bed and got rid of his boxers before coming to lie in-between her legs again.

He kissed her passionately and slowly slid inside her. They both moaned in unison at the sensations flowing through both their bodies and what it was like to be with each other again.

Spike pulled back and began to move slowly inside her, wanting to take his time with her. He looked down into her eyes as he held himself above her.

Buffy wrapped her legs around his waist and ran her hands up and down his back remembering what it was like to have him inside her.

“So perfect, luv.” He bent down and kissed her neck and shoulder, lightly nibbling on the place he knew she always loved.

Buffy let out a loud moan, “Faster Will.” He sped up his thrusts and Buffy tilted her head to the side giving him better access.

“I’m not gonna last much longer Buffy.”

“Me either.” She threw her head back and cried out as she felt herself starting to squeeze around him, “God I’m cumming Will.” She started breathing hard and felt herself explode, cumming hard around him.

“Oh fuck Buffy.” Spike groaned and thrusted in her a few more times before exploding hard inside her. They both rode out before he rolled over onto the bed, making sure to bring her with him wrapping her in his arms. “I love you Buffy.”

“I know Will, I love you too.” She said the last part quietly and they both quickly fell asleep in each other’s arms.