Buffy opened her eyes slowly, feeling the sun shining on her face. She then stiffened immediately when she felt herself wrapped up in a pair of arms.

“Morning, luv.” Spike looked down at her and smiled before dropping a kiss on the top of her head.

The night before came rushing back to Buffy, “Hi,” she said quietly and sat up wrapping the sheet around herself. “I should get going.” She went to get up but Spike grabbed her.

“You’re not going anywhere Buffy, we need to talk about what happened whether you want to or not. We need to decide where we go from here. You said you needed time and we ended up here.”

“I know.” She sighed and ran her hand through her hair.

“And you told me you loved me last night Buffy, that has to mean something.”

“Of course it means something. You know I’d never say anything like that and not mean it. I know I said I needed time and yes I still do but..”

“But you want to take it slow right?”

“Well can you blame me? I don’t want to jump back into anything too quickly. You came back after 5 years less than 24 hours ago, I think you owe it to me to try and get to know each other again and take things slowly.”

He nodded, “Ok Buffy, we’ll take things slow. I already told you I’d do anything you wanted. I love you and I’m willing to do whatever it takes for us to get things back on track.”

“Thank you.” She gave him a smile and leant down and kissed him softly. “Last night was amazing. You know I haven’t been with anyone since you. I couldn’t bring myself to find someone else.”

“Wow really? 5 years is a long time Buffy but I understand.”

“What about you? Were there any women back in New York?” She ran her finger over his chest, outlining his muscles.

“There was one.”

“Oh.” Buffy moved away slightly but Spike grabbed her and pulled her to him again.

“I didn’t sleep her with Buffy. I couldn’t go through with it because I knew I’d eventually come back to you and I didn’t want to ruin our chances. You were my first Buffy, my first and only. I wanted to keep it that way.”
“It’s the same for me. There was one guy who seemed interested, he works at my gallery but I said no when he asked me out.”

“I’m sorry I put you through all this Buffy. I wish I could have at least said goodbye to you but I couldn’t put your life in danger like that. If they knew I was involved with someone they would have come after you too.”

“It’s ok Will, I understand why you stayed away. You were always wanting to protect me, even if it did get a little annoying sometimes.” She giggled a little and he reached down grabbing her ass.

“That’s because I love you and didn’t want anything to happen to you.”

“Remember that time at the beach where I got stung by that jelly fish? I think I was about 13 and you were 15, you came to my rescue.”

“You were in pain, luv. Plus I could hear you screaming from the other end of the bloody beach.” She nudged him and he chuckled, “And I happened to like seeing you in your bathing suit.”

Buffy laughed, “I had a crush on you the second I saw you. I was such a little school girl around you with the blushing and everything.”

“It was adorable. Took me a few more years to realize there was more to you than just a ditzy blonde teenager.”

“I still remember everything about us Will. Our Senior Prom especially, it’s the first night you kissed me.”

“How could you forget that, it changed everything.”

“I still couldn’t believe you never had sex with any other girls before me. You were 19.”

“Did you forget I was a big nerd in high school? No other girl would touch me with a 10 foot pole.”

“I happened to like the nerd in you Will, it’s what made me fall for you in the first place. You weren’t the typical big dumb jock type.”

Spike laughed, “No I wasn’t, luv. But I wanted to become the man you could fall in love with, that’s why I changed my appearance for your prom.”

Buffy pulled back, “You did that for me? You’ve never told me that before. But I loved you regardless of this look. Not that I don’t dig the bleached hair and leather thing but I loved you the way you were before too.”

“I just figured it was time for a change that’s all. But what about you? You’re a brunette now, get sick of those blonde locks?”

“Well it was time for a change for me too. I was getting older, wanted a new look.”

“I happen to think it’s very sexy but I do miss those gorgeous blonde locks of yours.”

“I might change it back eventually, but I guess you’ll just have to wait and see.” Buffy snuggled up at his side and put her head on his chest. “I’ve missed this, just snuggling with you.”

“I’ve missed everything Buffy.” He kissed the top of her head, “Thank you.”

“For what?”

“Giving us another chance.”

“I love you, I’ve always loved you and 5 years didn’t change that. We still have a lot to work through but I don’t want to be apart from you anymore.”

“Me either Buffy.” He hugged her tightly and ran his hand up and down her back feeling her smooth skin.

“We’ll just take it one day at a time, see where it leads. I don’t want to rush anything.”

“Well that’s a little late, we did sleep together last night. That’s not exactly the meaning of taking it slow.”

She smacked his chest a little, “You know what I mean. The sex is amazing, it always has been so now that I’ve had it again I’m not giving it up.”

Spike chuckled, “I know what you meant, luv.” He tilted her head up to him and leant down kissing her softly.

At that moment Buffy’s stomach deciding to start growling and she pulled back, “How about we order some room service?”

“You’re going to send me broke aren’t you? I know how much you put away so my hotel bill is going to be expensive,” he said with a smirk.

“Ha ha very funny.”

“I thought it was.” He reached over and picked up the phone before ordering some food for breakfast, making sure there was at least one of everything for Buffy. “I hope you plan on staying in bed with me all day, we have a lot to make up for.”

“I think I can handle that. Although I should call mom and tell her where I am, I snuck out last night. I felt like I was 16 again.” Buffy bent over the bed and grabbed her cell phone from the floor before quickly calling Joyce telling her she was with Spike.

“She ok with her daughter spending the night with me?”

“I’m 27 Will, I think she’s fine.” Spike grabbed her and pulled her on top of him making her giggle.

“I think we have some time before breakfast.” He wiggled his eyebrows at her and gave her a playful smile.

“Is that right?” She smiled and leant down kissing him passionately, spending the rest of their day in bed together.


Chapter End Notes:
I didn't really need to mention that Buffy was on the pill, I figured that she would be anyway so there's nothing to worry about there. Just to let you know so I don't get a bunch of questions asking if she was or not.