The next morning Buffy and Spike made a quick visit to say goodbye to Joyce, Dawn, Xander and Willow before heading to New York. They were on the plane by 11am and Buffy sat back closing her eyes.

“I can’t believe that you’re still afraid of flying. Just breathe, luv. It’s not going to crash and we’re not going to die.”

Buffy’s eyes shot open and she looked eye wide at Spike, “Will! Now you’ve totally jinxed it and if it does happen to crash and we die I’m coming back to haunt your ass for an eternity.”

Spike just laughed and grabbed her hand giving it a squeeze, “Take deep breaths, it’s not that far and you know there are ways to kill those nerves of yours.” He wiggled his eyebrows and smirked.

She thought for a minute but then shook her head clearing her thoughts, “I am not joining the mile high club Will,” she whispered.

“You actually considered that for a minute didn’t you? You dirty girl.” He laughed and leant over kissing her softly.

The rest of the flight they sat in silence and Buffy was relieved as soon as she got off the plane. They quickly made their way through the airport and in to a cab heading toward Spike’s place.

“Right, before we go inside I just want to say something.” Spike turned toward her, “I love you, I’ve always loved you and I’m fine with whatever we decide to do. I just want to be with you and I don’t care where. Whether it’s on the other side of the planet because wherever you are, I’ll be right behind you.”

Buffy smiled and reached up putting her hand on Spike’s cheek, “I know Will. I know.” She leant up and kissed him softly, “Now show me around this fabulous apartment of yours.”

He opened the door and held his breath as they both walked inside and heard her gasp, “Surprise?”

“Oh my God.” She dropped her purse on the table and looked around the living room noticing some of her paintings on the walls. “You’re my buyer?”

“I am. When you mentioned it back in Sunnydale I just decided to keep it a secret until you saw it for yourself. I’ve seen and bought everything you’ve ever painted, they’re all through my apartment.”

Buffy turned around and threw her arms around Spike’s neck and hugged him tightly, “You are the most amazing man I’ve met in my entire life.” She pulled back and kissed him, “I can’t believe you did all this.”

“Well I couldn’t have you so I just had pieces of you instead.” Spike started showing her around the place and Buffy was in awe.

“I still can’t believe that you’re my best customer, I don’t think you’ve bought anything else from my gallery apart from all my work.”

“You’re right I haven’t. You’ve been with me this whole time Buffy, you’ve never left me.”

“This place is amazing Will, you’ve put a lot of work into it. At least it looks that way.”

“I have Buffy, it wasn’t exactly the best place when I got it but I did it up the way I wanted and now it’s my own personal bachelor pad.”

Buffy raised her eyebrow, “Bachelor pad?”

“Well, you know what I mean.” He just laughed and showed her where everything was, “And since there’s only one bedroom I just expect you to bunk in with me. Keep me warm at night.”

“Oh is that right?” She laughed and wrapped her arms around his neck, “I think I can deal with that.” She leant up and kissed him passionately, pressing herself against him. “Now if I remember, there is a spa in the bathroom.” She stepped back and started undressing slowly, “Would you care to join me?”

Spike swallowed hard, “Bloody right I’d care to join you.” He undressed quickly followed her into the bathroom.

After their spa they went into the living room to relax before they headed out for a night on the town.

~~~~

Buffy walked the streets of New York holding bags of clothes and shoes and wearing a bright smile. She heard her cell ring and smiled when she saw it was Spike. “Hey there handsome, how’s work?”

“Bloody nightmare, luv. How’s the shopping?”

“I swear I have maxed out my entire credit card getting all this stuff but it’s totally worth it.” She stopped walking and frowned, turning around feeling there was someone following her.
Spike noticed she went silent, “Buffy?”

“Oh sorry Will, I just have a funny feeling I was being followed but there’s no one there.” She shrugged and kept walking, “So I was thinking since I’m done shopping why don’t I come and visit you at the gallery? I think I’m nearby anyway.”

“Sure, luv come on by. I just have to go out and get a few things but I’m sure my assistant can lead you up to my office incase I’m not back yet.”

“Ok well I’ll see you soon then.” She said goodbye and hung up and just slowly made her way to the gallery, stopping in some more shops buying Spike a present.

When Spike got off the phone he walked downstairs and out the door to his car, “Oh bugger.” He forgot his list and so he made his way back inside to grab it.

He heard his phone ring again and groaned as he picked it up. “Yeah?” It was another buyer and he sighed loudly before sitting down to deal with them. A few minutes later he was off the phone and headed out the door again.

Buffy hummed as she practically skipped down the sidewalk and looked up at the buildings. She finally got to Spike’s gallery and looked around outside. She saw his car, “Must be back already.” She walked closer and the car started up and drove down the street, “Or he could just be leaving.”

She went to walk inside and stopped, whipping her head around as she heard a loud explosion. “Oh my God.” She dropped her bags to the ground and felt her whole body turn cold as she saw Spike’s car up in flames.