Setting: Begins post AtS "Not Fade Away" and rapidly goes to S6.
Summary: Given a chance to do things differently a hero finds that putting another first and ignoring his own desires can lead to his rewards beyond his hopes.
Categories: General Fics Characters:
1. In The Mist by pfeifferpack [Reviews - 2] (1825 words)
Disclaimer: I own none of the characters, only the plot idea. All rights belong to Joss Whedon, ME, FOX, WB and company.
2. Repaired by pfeifferpack [Reviews - 2] (2876 words)
A/N: Some dialogue taken from, or twisted to my purposes from, “Smashed” written by Drew Z. Greenberg
3. Restored by pfeifferpack [Reviews - 1] (6561 words)
A/N: Some dialogue taken or modified from the script of “Wrecked” by Marti Noxon
4. Returned by pfeifferpack [Reviews - 1] (6142 words)
A/N: Some dialogue borrowed, and in some cases twisted, from “Gone” by David Fury and “Doublemeat Palace” by Jane Espenson
5. Live With Pieces Missing by pfeifferpack [Reviews - 2] (4374 words)
A/N: Some portions of dialogue from “Dead Things” by Steven S. DeKnight
6. Older and Coming Closer by pfeifferpack [Reviews - 1] (8863 words)
A/N: Some dialogue from “Older and Far Away” by Drew Z. Greenberg
7. As It Could Be by pfeifferpack [Reviews - 2] (5500 words)
A/N: Some dialogue from “As you Were” by Douglas Petrie. Yes, I did change the location for the confrontation with the Suvolte from a dam to a waste treatment facility.
8. Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed by pfeifferpack [Reviews - 1] (7182 words)
A/N: Keeping this one PG-13 or R at the highest rating. Only hinting at NC-17 material. Some dialogue from “Hells Bells” by Rebecca Rand Kirshner
9. Nothing Normal by pfeifferpack [Reviews - 1] (5842 words)
A/N: From this point the story veers very off canon. A bit of dialogue comes from “Angel” (BtVS S1) by David Greenwalt
10. Out Of Chaos by pfeifferpack [Reviews - 1] (3515 words)
11. Setting Red Right by pfeifferpack [Reviews - 1] (5515 words)
A/N: Although the plot has taken a turn far from canon, I have sought in these last two chapters to touch on the last episodes of Season 6 with an occasional bit of dialogue or “moment”. Those episodes are “Seeing Red” by Steven De Knight, “Villains” by Marti Noxon, “Two to Go” by Douglas Petrie and “Grave” by David Fury
12. Called To Life by pfeifferpack [Reviews - 10] (3627 words)
See A/N in Chapter 11 for notes on dialogue from series
Poem at end is Love Sonnet LXXIX by Pablo Neruda (I’d pay to hear JM read his sonnets!)