Author's Chapter Notes:
The story is based on Betty Green's Summer of My German Soldier. Most of the concepts belong to her. I have just added my own spuffyness twist.
Prologue

It was the summer of 2008. Hitler had started his Arian race, and my family was afraid of persecution. Myself the only none Jewish left in the family had no clue if I was to be afraid or not. After my Catholic mother and father died in a car crash, I was sent to live with my horrible Aunt Joyce, my abusive Uncle Hank, and their spoiled daughter Dawn, in a little town called Sunnydale. I soon made some great friends Willow Rosenburg and Xander Harris. Everything in my life seemed to be getting some semblance of normalcy. That is, until the US government decided that Sunnydale needed to play host to a few P.O.Ws, until the end of the war. This is where my new life was about to begin.

Hey Wills, what are you doing here so early, its only 7 a.m.? Oh didn’t you hear? A load of P.O.Ws is arriving on the train today. The whole town has closed up shop to be their. I dunno Wills, you know my Aunt and Uncle would be furious if they knew I went. Come on Buffy said Willow. Xander said he would save us a spot up front so that we can see.
Buffy hesitated for a moment, until Willow nudged her a bit. Please Buffy…… Well ok, I guess I could. I just can’t let my Aunt and Uncle find out. Buffy quickly ran upstairs to get dressed with Willow in toe. She quickly got dressed in a pair of jean shorts and a pink halter top that showed a hint of cleavage. Then slipped on her faded glory sandals to complete the outfit. After brushing her hair and teeth, she had just enough time to put on some light makeup and her signature silver ring that had her name engraved on it before she headed out the door.

After arriving at the train station, Buffy realized that Willow hadn’t been exaggerating. The whole place was over flowing with people. Sunnydale was a small town, but she knew that their had to be people their from other towns as well. They pushed their way to the front, to find Xander. Hey Xander. Oh hey how goes it with you guys. Almost at the same time, they responded Peachy.

After an unusual silence, Buffy decided to speak up. So how much longer until the train shows up. Oh it should be here any minute now said Willow.

Just then in the distance a train whistle could be heard….. I wonder why These guys couldn’t be brought in by plane, since this is the age of technology. Trains are a thing of the past. As the train pulled to a stop, the crowd got exceedingly quiet. As the doors opened, and the military started to step out of the train, Buffy could feel the crow pushing forward to get a closer look. Buffy being as short as she was ha to jump up an down in order to get a look at what was happening. After the military had lined a path for the P.O.W.s to walk in, they started to unload the prisoners. Buffy, who was starting to get impatient with the tall people infront of her, tried to push her way back to the front. Unfortunetly she wound up flat on her face in the middle of the P.O.W.s path, right at a platinum blonde stepped off the train. She gave him a once over before returning to her friends in the crowd. Man he was hot said Buffy. I didn’t think Germans were that good looking. By the looks of it, you aren’t the only one interested in the blond. Buffy looked up just in time to see her arch nemesis Cordelia Chase practically drooling over said blonde guy. But what she also noticed, was that the blond only seemed to have eyes for herself which made Buffy ecstatic. What is it about bad boys and being hot said Buffy?



~**~



Chapter 1

The next day was the second day of summer, and Buffy’s parentals were making her work at their store. The Summers owned the largest department store in Sunnydale, and everyone knew it. Not only did the have clothes, but they ha everything else known to be in a Walmart. Their store had actually chased Walmart out of town.

So here she was in the school supply section pricing the new pencils, when she hear Hank’s voice rise about his normal angry tone. After much debate, Buffy decided that she was curious enough to see what was going on. It was none other than Liam O’Conner who was making the ruckus with Hank.

You see these hear prisoners have been fainting in the sun, so Mr. Finn has decided to buy them some sun hats, to keep them workin longer in the day. Well I don’t want em in here an that’s final said Hank. Hank said Joyce, just let them buy their hats, and we can charge them double for the inconvenience. Fine Joyce, but don’t expect me to be hospitable.

As the prisoners were trying on their hats, their seemed to be a problem. They all were saying the same word in German over an over again. By the twelth time, Joyce ha had enough. Joyce was on her way to O’Conner to tell him to get his prisoners out of her tore, when suddenly they started to say Spike instead. A tall slinky platinum blonde stepped out of the group an approached Joyce. With a British accent he spoke, They wish to see ‘em selves in the mirror before they pay for ‘em hats you gave ‘em.

With a quick nod, Joyce left to go grab a mirror, and Spike went to o explore the store, where Buffy was not so covertly trying to spy on him.

Buffy had just decided to leave him alone, when Hank ordered her to go restock the shelves with paper right where Spike was standing. Hank handed over 2 huge boxes an ran off. She couldn’t believe she was gonna have to go act like a slave in front of such a hot guy. After about 10 seconds of trying to move while holing the boxes, she collapsed under the weight, an paper went all over the floor.

Spike had watched the whole scene and rushed to her side in concern. You alright love. Buffy who had been laying their feeling sorry for herself, opened her eyes to see the bluest pair of eyes staring down at her, an those eyes happened to be connected with the hot blonde guy from the day before.....


Chapter End Notes:
So that is it, please comment on the story so that I know to continue with it. Also, suggestions are welcome.