Buffy had spent all day Sunday trying to wrap her brain around what had happened with Spike. She’d known there was a definite sexual nature to what she’d proposed – after all, he was teaching her about sex. However, she’d been convinced that said “teaching” could happen in a much more professional manner.

Looking back on it, she really should’ve known better when it came to Spike. He was one of the biggest horndogs she’d ever known.

She’d just assumed since he hated her, he wouldn’t be so quick to get all…thrusty.

But it was Monday now, and Buffy had decided she was just going to put the whole weekend behind her. She’d give Angel a few days, then grovel for a second chance, and put a little more into it this time. She could work on her porn star moan or something.

And as for Spike, well, he’d had his…fun. He’d go back to hating her, she’d keep right on hating him, and everything would be like it was before. Besides, if he told anyone what had happened, she’d just deny it. It wasn’t like anyone would believe a loser like him anyway. No big.

Buffy held her head up high as she walked towards the front of the school, refusing to be humiliated for anything that had happened to her that weekend. She was going to be strong.

She crumbled as soon as she got into the building.

Angel and his friends were standing by the first row of lockers, and Buffy watched as they turned towards her. Immediately, they started laughing, and she didn’t have to question why.

So much for not being humiliated.

And then, to make matters even worse, Miss Most Likely to Contract an STD herself, Harmony Kendall, sashayed her way up to Angel and wrapped herself around his arm like a balloon-breasted boa constrictor. He smiled at her and started to lean in for a kiss.

Buffy turned and ran from the school, any resolve she had to put the weekend behind her going out the proverbial window. She should’ve faked sick and stayed home.

She should’ve faked dead and stayed home…

When she turned a corner and ran smack into Spike, that thought was only confirmed.

“Don’t say a word,” she growled as she tried to get past him, only to have Spike grab her arm. “And let me go!”

“Hey, slow down, pet,” he said, his voice more soothing than she wanted it to be. “What’s wrong?”

“Why do you care?” Buffy snapped, wrenching her arm free from his grasp.

He shrugged. “Just being neighborly.”

“Oh, cut the bullshit, Spike. Just…just get it out of your system, all right?”

He frowned, his brow wrinkling in confusion. “Get what out of my system?”

“Mock me,” Buffy replied, holding her arms out. “Go on, make fun of me for what happened this weekend. I know you want to.”

Spike looked around, making sure no one was too close to them before he leaned in and hissed. “Would you keep it down about that? I don’t need anyone knowing I shot off in my jeans after three minutes of dry humping, all right? It’ll kill my rep.”

Buffy gaped for a moment, blinking rapidly. “Huh?”

“That wasn’t exactly the most shining moment of my life, Summers,” he said, still keeping his voice low. “Fuck, no wonder you called the whole thing off. Who’d want to learn about sex from someone as pathetic as that?” He sighed and looked down at the ground. “I really wanted to help you, too. I know I’ve been a jerk to you in the past, but as we’ve started growing up, I’ve felt real bad about it, and well… I thought maybe this was my chance to make it up to you. But I just bollixed it all up.”

Huh?” Buffy asked again. This was Spike? He couldn’t be serious. Really, really couldn’t be serious.

And yet he looked so much like a kicked puppy…

“You were so upset yesterday,” he continued. “I felt just awful. Here you were trusting me with something so personal, and I acted like a git.” He looked at her again, his blue eyes wide. “Is…is there any way you can forgive me, Buffy?”

Buffy bit her lip, blushing slightly as she thought about what he’d just said. He seemed sincere. And she knew enough about sex to know guys were always bragging about stamina, so she supposed that would’ve been fairly embarrassing for him. “It…it’s okay,” she said, putting her hand against his forearm.

“No it’s not,” Spike insisted with a small pout. “I’ve let you down.”

Buffy sighed. “It was a dumb plan anyway. Angel doesn’t even want me anymore, so it would’ve been a waste of time. I…I just saw him with Harmony Kendall.” Buffy wrinkled her nose in distaste.

Which would explain her fleeing the building,” Spike thought. Suddenly, a new plan formed in his mind, and he had to keep from grinning at the sheer brilliance of it. “Harmony’s not all that, luv. I mean, sure, she’s got amazing tits and can suck cock like a pro, but after a while, she gets pretty boring. I mean, she only really knows the one position.”

Buffy winced. “That’s better that I’ve got going for me.”

“I…I could teach you more,” Spike said. “I mean, if you were willing to give me a second chance. I promise I wouldn’t let you down again.”

“It wouldn’t matter. I sucked. Or didn’t, technically, which was probably part of the problem… But either way, he’s not even going to think about wanting me again.”

Spike was quiet for a moment, as if this idea was just now coming to him. “You know…” He stopped and shook his head. “No. You won’t go for it.”

“Go for what?” Buffy asked. Her curiosity was obviously piqued, and again, Spike had to fight from grinning. He had her…

“It’s stupid. You don’t want to hear it.”

“Yes, I do,” Buffy insisted.

“Well, men…we aren’t really all that difficult. Nothing makes us want something more than seeing someone else has it.”

Buffy frowned. “I’m not following.”

“I was thinking maybe I could, you know, pretend to be your boyfriend. Then, when Angel sees you with someone else, he’ll start going crazy with wanting you back. And in the meantime, I’ll teach you how to be bloody amazing in bed, and everything will be fine in Bangel land again.”

Buffy gaped, her brain trying to wrap itself around what he’d just said. Pretend to date Spike so all would be well in… “What land?” she asked.

“Oh, Bangel. It’s what everyone calls you two behind your back, being the inseparable couple you’ve always been. You know, like Brangelina, TomKat… Really, you’ve never heard it?”

Buffy shook her head. “Uh uh.”

“Yeah, well, it’s lame anyway.” He sighed. “Like this whole plan. I should just go.”

Spike turned and walked away, his back to her when he felt her grab his arm. Knowing she couldn’t see him now, he did smirk. “Spike, wait. I… You’d really be willing to do that to help me?”

He let the smirk fall and replaced it with his well-practiced vulnerable expression as he turned to look at her again. “If it would help you, yeah. Call me a hopeless romantic, but I hate to think of the king and queen of the high school being separated. What, with prom so close and everything… It just doesn’t seem right.”

“I… I never knew you cared.”

“High school’s all about the status quo, Buffy. I mean, what if I suddenly showed up in button-down shirts and khakis and went a whole week without detention?”

“That would be...” She frowned. “Okay, I think I get your point.”

“So do you want to do this?”

Spike watched her chew on her bottom lip as she contemplated this addition to their agreement and had to fight the urge to kiss her. As hot as Buffy was angry, he actually wanted her agreeable for once – and he knew a kiss would be a sure-fire way to get him slapped again.

“Do you really think this is a good way to Angel back?”

Her voice was so small when she asked her question that Spike almost felt bad for being so manipulative.

Almost.

He smiled slowly. “It’ll work like a charm, pet. I promise you.”

“No more of what happened Sunday,” Buffy said, pointing an accusatory finger at Spike.

Spike held up his hands. “’Course not.”

“We’re gonna have to keep all the sex ed completely professional.”

Spike was amazed he was able to keep from guffawing at that. And the funniest thing was how serious the chit’s tone was. “Of course. Sunday was an accident, pet. I’ll respect your boundaries from now on.”

Like hell he would…

“As a matter of fact, I don’t think there should be any touching at all,” she continued. “Well except for at school, since we gotta play up the whole ‘couple’ thing, but nowhere else.”

Was she trying to make him laugh? Because really, the air quotes she put around “couple” almost sent him into hysterics.

Although her expression told him she was still completely serious, which gave Spike quite a dilemma. How exactly did you teach someone about sex without touching?

Not that there really wouldn’t be touching. There would be lots of touching. But he was going to play her game for a while, get her nice and comfortable around him.

And then he’d shag her until she didn’t even remember that wanker’s name.

“No touching unless we’re at school. Got it. Only then, y’know, I’m gonna have to touch you a lot. To make sure Angel gets good and jealous, of course.”

She started worrying that bottom lip of hers again, and Spike suppressed a moan, seriously debating saying to hell with first period and going home to have a wank. What was wrong with Angel, passing up a chance to teach a woman as delicious as this one all about pleasures of the flesh?

It was probably because he didn’t know what he was doing either, Spike reckoned. Git.

“Okay. I guess you have a point there.” She pointed her finger at him again. “But I can call this off at any time I want, got it?”

“Wouldn’t have it any other way. Don’t want to force you.”

“Good. Then we’ll try this.” She met him firmly in the eye for the first time since they’d started this conversation. “But no more funny business from you.”

“Wouldn’t dream of it, Summers.”

“Good. Then it’s all settled.”

Spike leaned in, his warm breath making goosebumps erupt on Buffy’s skin. “Seal the deal with a kiss.”

Buffy glanced around. “But… Angel isn’t here.”

“It’ll be too obvious if we only kiss around Angel. Gotta let it get to him by word of mouth first – get him thinkin’ about it.”

“Oh…okay,” Buffy gave in. Spike did seem to know what he was talking about…

He leaned in further, his lips inches from her as he said, his voice low and hot, “Remember, pet – we’ve gotta sell it.”

Spike didn’t give her a chance to respond. He crushed his lips against hers, pushed his tongue into her mouth, and grabbed two handfuls of her firm ass.

Buffy squeaked, but then let herself relax. This was just acting, like the time in junior high when she’d had to kiss that Jonathan kid for the school play.

Just acting…

She slid her arms through Spike’s, her hands sneaking up his back until she found his surprisingly soft bleached locks. He made a low rumble of pleasure in the back of his throat, and Buffy closed her eyes and sighed softly against him.

Suddenly, he pulled away, and Buffy started to protest before she remembered who they were. She glanced around, noticing they’d commanded the attention of everyone outside the school, and ducked her head, blushing.

Spike leaned in, pretending to be kissing her cheek as he whispered, “That oughta start a few rumors.”

“Yeah, I’m sure I will,” Buffy replied, not able to look at him.

He took her hand, stroking her soft skin with his thumb. “Ready to go to class?”

She nodded, her cheeks an alluring shade of pink.

Spike grinned broadly as he walked hand-in-hand into the school. Buffy Summers was so his…

He decided not to contemplated why he cared.


Chapter End Notes:
For those of you not on my lj f-list, I’ve currently been in the middle of a move, and apparently the whole thing has shot my muse ded. I’m hoping once I’m settled in, I’ll start writing again, but as it is, I’ve written absolutely nothing in over a month. I’m only posting what I’ve already got, and that’s about to run out (hence the delays between chapters). But I’m not abandoning anything, and hopefully at some point, I’ll get my chapter reserves back up and be able to post more regularly.



Please review!