Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks as ever to Carol and dawnofme for their beta work:)----------------------------------I'm hoping that you all enjoy this chapter. Please leave a review if you do - I appreciate them :)
Chapter Fifteen

What Have I Done?

“C’mon, don’t be a ponce,” muttered Spike, as he pushed the door open and stepped in to his hotel suite. “Just grab the stuff and get out.”

He only just managed to stop himself from running to the bedroom for his clothes. But he knew that if he did, he’d end up panicking. He’d left the door open and nearly jumped out of his skin when it slammed shut behind him. He whirled around, praying that it had just closed on its own, but even before he saw her, he knew she was there.

“Where are you rushing away to?” asked Drusilla, with a scowl. “I don’t want to rush.” She put her hands to her head. “That noise you were making made my head hurt.”

“So it was you?” gasped Spike, his mind racing almost as fast as his heartbeat, in an effort to decide how to get out of the room unscathed.

“Yes, it was me. Your dark princess.”

“You’re nothing to me,” retorted Spike, backing away. His intention was to get to the phone on the side table to his right.

“Miss Edith was right. You do need to be punished. My Spike would never say that.” She stalked towards him.

Spike backed up further. “Well, that’s the rub, isn’t it? I’m not your Spike.” He glanced at the phone, he was almost within reach. He daren’t go for it until he was certain that he could get it. “You don’t belong here. This isn’t your world,” he said, as he looked back at her.

He drew a sharp intake of breath. She was so much closer than he’d expected. He kept his eyes averted, remembering how she enthralled him previously.

“Your place is with me,” she stated calmly. “You’ll soon learn your lesson.”

Her hand snaked out so fast that Spike couldn’t see it before it gripped his throat in a choking hold. His own hands flew to his neck, clawing frantically at hers, desperately trying to pull them away.

Drusilla smiled eerily at him. “See how silly it is to need to breathe?”

His vision was starting to have black spots in it. They grew larger and larger until he passed out altogether. Drusilla released her grip and Spike fell limp to the floor. Dru twisted her hands through her hair.

“This isn’t how it should be. My Sweet William wouldn’t make me do that.”

She looked down at Spike. For a moment, she was worried that she’d gone too far; that she’d killed him. She smiled as she could hear his heart still beating. She carried him effortlessly to the bed and put him down so that he was on his back. She lay down next to him, snuggling into his warm body. Two more bites and he’d be hers forever and able to travel back to her real world. She stroked her hand along his chest. No fun now that he was asleep. After a few minutes, she got bored and vamped out. She bit through his t-shirt and into his chest. Her teeth surrounding his left nipple. The pain was intense enough to make Spike startle back to consciousness. She clamped a hand over his mouth, silencing his cry. She stared at him, her yellow eyes meeting his blue ones. Spike started to struggle. Drusilla thought about enthralling him again, but then remembered what Miss Edith had said. He needed to be punished, and it would hurt if he wasn’t in her control.

She moved until she was straddling him. She pinned his arms down with her knees. Spike thrashed uselessly. He couldn’t believe that something so frail looking could be so bloody strong. Drusilla leant forwards and licked his neck. Spike felt bile rise in his throat, repulsed.

“You will be mine again, Spike,” said Drusilla, as she sank her fangs in to Spike’s neck; the opposite side than before.

The pain was like nothing that Spike had ever experienced, and he’d suffered some injuries in his time. She drank of his blood; six long swallows before pulling her fangs out and licking the wound closed. Drusilla laughed. It was the scariest sound that Spike had heard.

“Now your turn,” she trilled.

She nicked her wrist and held it to Spike’s mouth. He redoubled his efforts to get the bitch off him. She sank her fingers in to his jaw, forcing his mouth open. Blood trickled in to his mouth. He tried to spit it back out, but got a back handed slap across his face that made him see stars. He had no option but to swallow it. He shuddered as he felt it go down his throat, surprised that it felt cold. He was suddenly light-headed, almost as if he were floating. His eyes rolled back in their sockets. He was dimly aware of Drusilla climbing off him.

“There, William, doesn’t that feel better?” She smiled sweetly down at him, before she walked towards the door.

Spike looked around him vaguely, as if unsure of where he was. He sat up, groaning and pressing the palm of his left hand to his forehand. His head was spinning. His vision was blurred, sort of hazy around the edges. He stood up, swaying violently, but he managed to stay upright.

“What’s going on?” he whispered.

He took a couple of steps forward, putting a hand on the wall to steady himself.

“You’re nearly ready, my pretty one,” cooed Drusilla.

Spike looked in her direction and squinted. “Buffy?”

Drusilla howled, “Not the Slayer! She has my daddy. She won’t have you.” She punched Spike. He flew backwards, hitting the bed, before sliding to the floor.

Spike shook his head, trying to clear both his thoughts and his vision. He glared angrily at the vampire and suddenly his vision cleared.

“Drusilla.”

He got to his feet, the strange dizziness had passed. In fact, he felt strong; powerful. Drusilla’s eyes widened. He thought that for a second that she looked afraid. He smiled nastily. About time the boot was on the other foot.

“You’re nearly mine,” she said, backing away a little.

Spike felt a weird emotion go through him at her words. A connection was probably the best way to describe it. It was weak as yet, but Spike knew without doubt that it would get stronger, and he didn’t want it to.

“Dru, pet,” he said.

She smiled at the use of the shortened version of her name. Her old Spike always called her Dru. Her eyes lost their fear. She held her arms out to him. Spike walked towards her.

“I’ll never be fucking yours,” he yelled as he lunged for her.

He grabbed her shoulders, his momentum taking them both to the floor. Drusilla threw him off her.

“You will be mine; the stars don’t lie.”

Spike picked himself up, wiping a trace of blood from his mouth. She’d split his lip as she’d slapped him when getting him to drink her blood.

“Maybe where you come from they don’t. But here the stars don’t care what a crazy bitch like you believes.”

His heart was racing and somehow the sound of it rushing in his ears was exciting. He walked towards Drusilla, smirking as she backed away.

“What’s up, pet? Don’t like it when we fight back? Funny that, ‘cause I’d’ve thought that a girl like you would have loved to be dominated.”

“Don’t, Spike. Don’t be a bad, rude, man.”

Emboldened by her retreat, Spike approached her again, not sure what he intended to do.

“What do you reckon Miss Edith would think of me now?” asked Spike, remembering how she’d told Dru to punish him.

Spike’s heart stopped, he was sure it did. Ever said the wrong thing? Dru’s face contorted with fury as she reached out and punched him in the stomach. He was thrown across the room, landing with a bone shaking crunch on the coffee table. He cried out in pain as he hit it, and the table collapsed, its legs breaking with the force of it. Before he had chance to move, she was there, raining blows on him.

“You will learn your lesson,” shouted Drusilla. “I’d forgotten how much training William had needed before. Daddy will help me make you behave.”

Spike tried to fend off the punches. He protected his head with his right arm bent over it, and frantically reached out with his left hand for anything that he could use to defend himself with. His fingers wrapped their way around a piece of wood; part of the table’s broken leg. He swung it as hard as he could, hitting her on the side of her head and knocking her to the ground beside him.

Spike rolled over, the opposite way from her, and tried to catch his breath. He was almost at the end of his endurance; his legs were wobbly. He staggered towards the door. He needed help and fast. He didn’t know what had possessed him to goad the bitch; it had just seemed ‘right’. He had just reached the door, when with a scream, Drusilla flew at him once more. Spike turned round to face her, brandishing the piece of wood. He stabbed it towards her heart. It worked in all the movies he’d ever seen. It was a bit different in real life though. As the wood was plunged in to her body, Drusilla exploded in to dust.

“What the hell?” gasped Spike.

He backed up coughing and choking on the dust. His legs decided that they’d had enough and finally gave out on him. He was on his hands and knees gasping for air when he became aware of a pounding on the door.

“Spike! Spike!” Rich’s worried voice called out. “What’s going on? Open up.”

Spike crawled the couple of feet to the door and with a trembling hand, reached up and opened it. Rich and Tara nearly fell over him as they rushed in.

“Oh, my God,” exclaimed Rich when he saw him.

Spike’s chest was covered in blood, and the bite marks were livid on his neck. He was shaking uncontrollably. Tara knelt down beside him.

“Was she here, Spike?” she asked urgently.

Spike looked at her, his eyes unfocussed. He blinked a couple of times.

“Rich, I think he’s going in to shock. What are we going to do? If doctors get their hands on him…”

Rich glanced at her aghast. She was right. He’d be treated like a lab rat. He took in the wreckage of the room. He bent down and touched the carpet just in front of where Tara and Spike were sitting. It was covered in greyish powder. His eyes went back to Spike. He was coated in the stuff too.

“Tee, wot is this stuff?” he asked.

Spike startled them by starting to chuckle. He rocked backwards and forwards slightly. Tara put her arms around him.

“Are you all right?” she asked. “Do you know what this is?” She brushed some of the powder off his arm.

“Drusilla,” giggled Spike.

“Where is she, Spike?” said Rich, shaking him gently, trying to get him to concentrate. “It’s important. Where is Drusilla?”

Spike stopped laughing and stared at them. He rubbed his hands over his hair and saw that clouds of dust fell from them. He retched violently, bracing himself on his hands as he brought up a small amount of blood. Rich and Tara exchanging worried glances when they saw it. It confirmed what they thought. Drusilla had been here again.

“Spike, mate. I need yer to tell us. Where is she? We need to get hold of her. Wot did she do to you?” said Rich.

Spike scraped up some of the dust. “I killed her.”

“Wot?”

“This is her,” said Spike letting the powder fall to the floor again. “She was in here and…she bit me again…and then I felt all weird. We were fighting and…and…she threw me over here.” He paused, looking around him wildly. “I thought that she was going to kill me. I hit her with this.” He picked up the broken chair leg from where he’d dropped it. “She just went ‘poof’.”

“Poof?” said Rich.

Spike looked at Tara. “You never told me that they went poof.”

Tara smiled despite herself. “That’s because I didn’t know.”

“So, Drusilla is dead,” stated Rich, baldly.

Spike nodded. He felt the hysterical laughter building up inside, but it died when he noticed the expressions on his friends’ faces. He frowned as he concentrated on what Rich had said earlier.

“Why did you need to get hold of her?” he asked, not sure that he wanted to know the answer. His stomach lurched again.

“Um…let’s not worry about that now,” said Tara, glaring at Rich and helping Spike to his feet. “You need to get cleaned up and to have some rest. Then we can talk.”

“No, tell me now.” Spike pulled free from Tara.

“You may as well, Tee. It’s not going to be any different in the morning,” said Rich.

“I heard back from the coven. They had found a solution to your situation.”

“Had?” said Spike tremulously.

“Are you certain that you want to know now?” asked Tara.

Spike nodded, but he knew what she was going to say.

“Drusilla was the key to your cure. Her blood was the key.”

“What have I done?” He stared at them in horror. “What have I bleeding done?”

tbc


Chapter End Notes:
Please take a moment to review - and yes that means you - you lurkers!!! LOL C'mon, make my day! LOL - Sorry I'm ill with a temperature today - it's making me daft! :)