Author's Chapter Notes:
Firstly, let me just say that any reviews posted yesterday disappeared due to site maintainence and not me - see Pari's note on home page. Secondly, there are warnings on this chapter. Trust me that all is not necessarily what it seems to be! If I get more than ten 'nice' reviews I'll post next chapter tomorrow!! lol!! If you're too nervous to read skip to end notes for a synopsis of the chapter. If you don't like what I'm up to please don't flame me, just stop reading!
Chapter Eight

Be In Me…

Spike sighed as he hung up the phone after talking to Buffy, and went to get showered and changed. Fifteen minutes later, he was at the door to Rich’s room - he could hear the music as he knocked. It was a good job that Pete and Joey’s rooms flanked it, otherwise there’d be complaints about the noise for sure. After a while Oz opened the door.

“Hey Spike, thought that you weren’t going to show. Did you call Buffy?” How’s her mom?”

“Joyce is doing okay, and it won’t be much longer before Buffy’s here, thank God. I’m missing her like crazy.”

They went into the throng and soon Spike was chatting with Xander. His wife, Cordelia, had stayed at home, unwilling to bring their two young children overseas. The thought of the flight alone had put them off. The eldest, Mark, was two years old and little Alyson, just three months. Xander was proudly showing off their photos to everyone.

Spike picked up a beer and took a swig. He very seldom drank as he found that he liked it just a little too much. Both of his parents had been alcoholics, and the memories of how they’d treated each other and him were enough to keep him from doing the same. If he had a drink at all these days, it was always beer. He hadn’t touched vodka since he was seventeen and had tried to drown his sorrows over a break up he and Buffy had had.

00000000

A couple of hours later, Spike decided to slip away. He’d had two more beers and decided to go to bed before he ended up drunk. He snuck out without anyone noticing and walked the few yards back to his room. He slid his card key through the lock and pushed the door open. He’d left a lamp on the side table switched on and so he left the main light off. He went into the bathroom, had a wash, brushed his teeth and then made his way to the bedroom.

He turned on the light and then froze. Lying there on the bed was a willowy dark haired woman. She smiled a very predatory smile at him.

“Hello, Sweet William,” she cooed, her accent similar to Rich's.

“What?” gasped Spike. It wasn’t public knowledge that he’d started life as William Pratt.

“I’ve been waiting ever such a long time to see you again.”

She began to get off the bed and Spike backed away. His first thought, that she was a fan who had somehow conned her way into his suite, started to fade. There was something distinctly odd about her. He glanced over his shoulder to where the phone was, wondering how long security would take to get there.

“Look…er…” He stopped himself from adding his usual tag of ‘love’, fearing that it would be misconstrued. “I think that you must have the wrong bloke, or room, or both.”

She climbed off the bed and walked to him, hips swaying provocatively.

“Oh no, I haven’t. The pixies were quite clear. You are a sweet William and, you’ll soon be my Sweet William. To make up for the one that was taken away.”

“Christ, she’s totally off her bleeding head.”

Spike increased his backwards steps, aiming for the door but not wanting to turn his back to her.

“I’m not your Sweet William,” he said as calmly as he could but by now he was feeling really spooked. “But why don’t I go and look for him, yeah? You stay here and I’ll bring him back to you, okay?” “Yeah, with a bloody straight jacket and a one way trip to a padded cell.” His hand touched the door handle. “Thank God.” He started to turn it.

“Say my name, Spike,” said the woman, staring at him intensely.

“Spike now, is it?” asked Spike. “What happened to William?” He cursed himself for engaging in a conversation when he should be getting the hell out of there. But he hadn’t been able to help it. What was this crazy bitch thinking?

“Drusilla happened to William,” she said, snaking her head back and forth eerily.

“Drusilla? Who’s bloody Drusilla?”

He found that he’d let go of the door handle. He grasped it again as she took another step closer. Just one more and she’d be able to touch him and somehow he knew that it wouldn’t be good.

“Be in me,” she said, waving her fingers at his eye level.

“Shite, I need to get out of here.” His mind shouted but his body didn’t move. Once more, his hand fell from the handle. “What…?”

He found himself drawn to her eyes. They were dark, seemingly bottomless pits and he just couldn’t look away.

“Be in me,” she repeated. “Be in me.”

Spike just stood and stared. She took another step and her fingers touched his cheek. He flinched as if he’d been struck but still his feet wouldn’t move. His hand couldn’t reach for the door.

“Say my name,” she ordered.

“Drusilla,” replied Spike softly as if in awe.

“Oh, you’ll do quite well, pretty Spike. The pixies were right to send me here to you. The stars will sleep happy tonight,” trilled Drusilla, smiling broadly at the enthralled man before her.

She gently stroked his cheek with her finger before digging in a razor sharp nail and slicing it open. The wound was about an inch long and a trail of blood trickled from it. She leaned forward and licked it off.

“Oh, my,” she said, clapping her hands and bouncing slightly up and down. “You taste just as good as the first Sweet William.”

She leant in to lick the wound again and then put her lips on his and kissed him gently.

“We’ll be together again. I’ve been so lonely without you. Taken me nine years to find you, it has.”

She kissed him again, and this time Spike kissed her back.

She led him by the hand into the bedroom. He walked slowly by her side, his expression vacant as the thrall she had cast over him maintained its effects.

“Undress,” said Drusilla.

Obediently, Spike took his clothes off and stood naked in front of her.

“Oh, this won’t do-this won’t do at all,” she muttered as she walked around him, eyes covering every inch of his body.

She reached out and touched the tattoo on the top of his right arm. “Spike should have no markings on him.”

Her pretty, if demented, features changed as she scowled at the mark. Her deep blue eyes turned amber, her teeth descended from her gums. She hissed in fury and then lunged at his arm and bit deep into the centre of the tattoo. The smell of his blood almost overcame her. She came to her senses just before she sank her fangs into his neck.

“No, can’t do it today. Today is just hello,” she said, shaking the vampire features back to human. “Make love to me, my pretty Spike.” She let her dress slip from her body. Beneath it she was naked. “Do you want me?” She put her hand on his manhood.

“I’ll always want you.” His reply was a monotone but she felt him harden in her grip.

“Then show me,” she said lying down on the bed.

He positioned himself on top of her and started to cover her bare flesh with kisses. Drusilla laughed in delight.

“Oh, I bet that you’re going to be even badder than the first Spike.”

tbc


Chapter End Notes:
Drusilla appears mysteriously in Spike's hotel room. She enthralls him and bites him. He tries to resist but to no avail...more soon.