The anger and jealousy hadn’t completed subsided though, she realised. And when they were finally alone, back in his crypt, he tugged her to him almost roughly, his mouth plundering hers. She moaned against him, succumbing to his passion and letting him do whatever he wanted to take away the pain and anger. His mouth moved to her neck and she moaned again, arching against him with the pull of his mouth and the scrape of his teeth.

It was only after a few moments that she realised he was marking her, marking her as his. It should have repelled her – but instead it sent warmth like she had never felt flooding through her. He must have sensed it because he pulled back, eyes dark with desire but watching her warily. He went to take a step back but she caught him by the shirt.

“Where do you think you’re going?”

His eyes got impossibly darker and she tugged him towards her, meeting his lips in a hungry kiss. His arms wrapped around her tightly – almost too tightly – as he kissed her back, teeth catching her lips as their desire threatened to overwhelm them. He forced himself away – where he got the willpower from she didn’t know but she would have liked some herself.

All she could do was stare at him, eyes glazed with passion, her hands clenched by her side, her chest heaving.

“Buffy?” he called quietly.

“Let’s go downstairs,” she whispered, adding a ‘please’ in a whisper when she saw his hesitation.

He held out his hand and she placed hers in it, letting him lead her to the newly installed trapdoor. He opened it and guided her down the ladder he had added, his hand tightening on hers when he thought she might trip.



He released her at the bottom of the ladder and a moment later, candlelight began to fill the room as he lit the numerous candles surrounding what had become his bedroom. He came to her again and took her hand, leading her over to the bed and sitting down beside her. He looked at her in silence for a long time, running his fingers over her face, and then he leant forward and kissed her.

The kiss quickly turned almost frantic and she twisted her hands in his clothes, needing to be closer, needing to touch him.

“Spike,” she gasped as his mouth went to her neck again, continuing his possessive caresses.

“Mine,” he growled against her skin and she nodded helplessly, wrapping her arms around him and drawing him back on the bed with her.
Their mouths collided again and she struggled with the buttons of his shirt. His hand rested just under her top, on her waist, not daring to venture anywhere else. She finally managed to tug the last button of his shirt undone and he pulled back to look at her with hungry eyes as she guided it over his shoulders.

“I’m yours,” she whispered, meeting his gaze squarely, and she saw him shudder as his eyes fell shut. A moment later, he was kissing her again, only slightly less franticly.



They had to stop, she knew they did – but she couldn’t. Even when she realised that maybe his self-control was weakened after being confronted with the reality of her dalliance with Todd, she couldn’t stop.

“Spike,” she breathed against him, her fingers running over the hard planes of his torso.

He groaned, pressing himself against her, his hand shaking where it rested against her.

“Please,” she whispered, writhing underneath him.

“Oh God,” he groaned, “I… I need to touch you, Buffy.”

She pushed him away and his eyes went wide as her hands went to her top, tugging it off impatiently and discarding it. Sitting back on his heels, he ran an unsteady hand over her stomach and she inhaled sharply at the feel of his hand on her bare skin.

“Stop me,” he murmured helplessly, his fingers trailing up her sternum, his eyes flicking to her almost-bared chest and then to hers.

“I don’t want to.”

He groaned again and kissed her passionately, one hand moving to cup her breast as she strained against him, urging him closer. He trailed kisses over her jaw and down to her collarbone and she twisted, pressing kisses to his shoulder, trailing her fingers over his back, grinding herself against him. Suddenly, he had her hands pinned above her head and she was looking up at him, heady with desire, her body screaming for his touch.

“Spike…”

“You gotta stop touching me or I won’t be able to… I can’t…”

“I want you,” she breathed and she saw him visibly struggling to hold himself back.

“We can’t, love. S’too dangerous.”



He hesitated a moment, looking down at her as she helplessly writhed and he released one wrist, running his hand down her arm and over her chest.

“Let me make you feel good,” he murmured huskily, “Take away the ache.”

All she could do was whimper his name, arching into his touch, her head thrown back with pleasure. She had never been as aroused as she was right now and she was silently damning gypsies all over the world. She was almost too far gone to care about the consequences.

“Spike,” she moaned, her body straining towards his.

He shifted then, moving just to the side of her and taking away the delicious weight of him on her. She turned her head and frowned, thinking that he was too far away as he studied her. Suddenly growing self-conscious, she brought an arm up to cover her chest. He caught her arm though and moved it, smiling softly.

“Don’t… don’t you want me?” she whispered.

“Of course I want you, sweetheart,” he answered, eyes darkening as they swept over her, “Want you bad. But you know we can’t risk it.”

“I want you,” she moaned, reaching out for him.

He moaned at her gentle touch on his chest and pressed her hand against him. He dipped his head then and kissed her, teasing her with his tongue. She was so distracted by his mouth, she barely noticed his hand until he ran it up her leg, pushing her skirt up. She froze for a split second but then relaxed, desperate for his touch.



She kissed him harder, clinging to him, one hand running over his torso as he teased her with gentle touches to her thighs. When his fingers ghosted over her underwear though, she broke away from him with a gasp and quickly drew him to her again. He groaned against her mouth and in one swift motion, he dipped his hand inside her panties. She broke away again and threw her head back with a moan, baring her neck to his mouth. His hand was so cool against her, his fingers finding spots even she didn’t know about and making her tense and squirm under him.

“Spike,” she moaned throatily.

When a finger delved inside, she froze up, her whole body taut with anticipation.

“Oh God.”

“God,” he echoed with a growl, “You’re so hot… so hot and tight.”

He kissed her again, slowly this time, his tongue mirroring the movements of his fingers – and driving her wild. One hand twined in his hair, holding him close while her other hand gripped his shoulder, nails digging into his skin. Her mind was a blur of pleasure and all she could do was cling to him helplessly, letting him work this magic over her.

“Spike,” she gasped, sensation flooding through her.

His eyes met hers in a blaze of hungry blue that took her breath away.

“I love you,” he growled and she cried out as his words pushed her over the edge.



Even as she was coming down from her high, she realised that things would get harder now; that keeping their hands off each other was going to turn into a real challenge. Her mind was still too numb to think about it properly though and she lolled against him, her breathing still calming down as he ran his hands gently over her back.

“That was… wow,” she breathed.

He chuckled and pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

“Glad to hear it.”

She was silent for a moment, enjoying the feel of his bare chest against her, his hands against her back.

“You know, if that was supposed to stop me wanting you, it didn’t work.”

“No?” he asked, pulling back to smile at her.

She shook her head and leant in to kiss him gently.

“Makes me want you even more,” she whispered shyly, trailing her fingers over his chest and down to his stomach, “Do you want me to…?”

“You’re going to kill me,” he moaned, eyes closing in pleasure as his hands closed around hers and pulled them up to his chest again.

“You want me to go home?” she teased and he pulled her close again, arms tightening around her.

“Not yet. Need to remind you a bit more that you’re mine.”

She smiled and wrapped her arms around him, resting her head just under his chin and relaxing.