She was floating, her whole being so light, so carefree. No more hiding what she felt, no more lying to the people she cared about. It was bliss. Nothing could budge the smile from her face and she walked around in a half-daze, still stunned by her friends’ easy acceptance of her relationship with Spike.

When she turned to the vampire, he looked exactly as she felt: his expression full of wonder and happiness. She reached out and touched him, drawing his eyes to her and he smiled, returning her caress.

“Are you happy?” she asked, leaning in close so he could hear her.

“Perfectly,” he answered with a wide smile.

She laughed and leaned into him as he draped an arm around her shoulder. Now she could show how much she cared about him, she decided to tease him. She rested one hand on his thigh and moved her mouth close to his ear, her lips just brushing his skin.

“I can’t wait to get you all to myself,” she whispered and she smiled when he shuddered.

“Oh?” he asked huskily, his hand sneaking under her top and stroking her back.

“I’m going to make you more than perfectly happy,” she murmured, wondering just where this inner tease had been hiding all her life.

She heard him groan lowly and then he grabbed her, tugging her towards him and kissing her hungrily. She moaned against his mouth and kissed him back hard, desperate to be closer.

“You know, that’s bordering on obscene.”

They broke apart reluctantly and she gave
Xander a sheepish smile, taking her drink from him. He smiled widely and sat down beside them, turning to Spike and striking up a conversation about Batman, of all things.



They finally escaped from the Bronze and from her friends and made their way back to his crypt in a daze, hands entwined. By tacit agreement, they both descended into the lower part of the crypt and when Spike locked the trapdoor behind them, her heart started to race. He came to her then and stood before her, regarding her for an agonisingly long time before reaching out and running his fingers over her throat, pausing just at the neckline of her top.

“Kiss me,” she whispered and he instantly stepped forward, drawing her to him and kissing her, his lips tantalisingly soft against hers. Returning his gentle kiss, she ran her hands up his chest and slipped them under the collar of his beloved jacket, guiding it from his shoulders. He let it fall to the floor and then copied her, shedding her of her own jacket.

He then scooped her up in his arms and she let out a squeal as he deposited her on the bed, joining her a moment later and kissing her, still achingly gentle. His hands skimmed over her, not touching – and making her desperate for his touch. Growing impatient, she twisted her hands in his hair and pulled his mouth against hers, kissing him roughly. He growled, the vibrations rumbling through her, and pinned her to the bed, kissing her passionately as gentle hands slid under her top.

When she parted from him, gasping for breath, he slowly slid the top up her stomach and over her chest, following its progress with soft kisses. He threw it to the side and her hands went to his T-shirt, tugging it impatiently out of his jeans and pulling it over his head with none of the torturous gentleness he had done so with her. He smiled at her, eyes warm with desire, and dipped his head to kiss her again.



It wasn’t long before the rest of her clothes – and his – had joined the growing pile on the floor and she hid under the covers, shyness returning now. But when he slid under the covers with her and drew her close against him, her nervousness was forgotten as he kissed her again. She ran hesitant hands over his bare skin, delighting in all the involuntary reactions of his muscles and arching into him, one leg wrapping around him and holding him close. She ran her hand down his chest and wrapped it around him and he moaned, forehead falling against hers.

“Gonna kill me,” he groaned, kissing her hard again as his own hand slid down her stomach to tease her. She wrapped her hand tighter around his length, enjoying the helpless bucking of his hips at her touch. She let her fingers run over him, exploring him, discovering just what her boyfriend had been hiding in his jeans all his time. When he paused above her though, she stopped her ministrations, her eyes locked on his. She raised her free hand to his face, tracing his lips and moving to his cheek.

“I want you, Spike,” she whispered, “No more waiting.”

A shudder went through him and she smiled softly as he turned his face to bite her thumb gently. He turned his full attention back to her then, blue eyes boring into her as he replaced her hand with his own. She could feel him against her and then he was inside her in one short, sharp thrust and she gasped, her body tensing and then relaxing with the intrusion.



“Oh God.”

“Oh, Buffy,” he moaned, dipping his head and kissing her sweetly, his lips trailing over her mouth, her cheeks, her eyes. He had been still for too long though and she started to writhe underneath him, needing to feel him properly.

“Spike,” she whispered, drawing his eyes to hers, “Make love to me.”

“Oh God,” he groaned, wrapping her up in his arms and kissing her hard as he started to move against her. She moaned with every movement and wrapped her arms and legs around him, needing to feel him against her. Her body quickly adjusted to his side and she was soon gasping with every thrust, arching into him, begging him for more. He had his head buried in the crook of her neck and she pressed kisses against his temple, his ear, his neck as she whispered to him.

“I always dreamed of it like this… dreamed of how it would feel… but God, it’s… it’s so much better.”

He kissed her again and his hand slid down her stomach, splayed over her as his thumb rubbed against her. She gasped and threw her head back but a gentle hand at her hair forced her eyes back to his. She could see the emotions whirling in his eyes and she clung to him, keeping her eyes locked on his. They strained together, bodies locked, eyes never moving from the other until she thought she couldn’t take anymore.

“Spike.”

“That’s it, baby. God, you feel so good. Could stay inside you all day.”

“Oh God,” she groaned, sensation rolling through her now, her whole body straining.

“That’s it, let it go, love. I’ve got you. Let it go.”

“Spike!” she cried out, pleasure ripping through her.

A moment later, she heard him groan her name and he collapsed against her.



She wrapped her arms around him tightly, pleasure and emotion coursing through her, making her want to cry and laugh at the same time.

“Spike, God,” she whispered, clinging to him, “God, I love you.”

He froze and pulled back, watching her with wonder.

“Buffy?” he choked out.

“I love you,” she repeated, feeling like her heart would burst if she didn’t tell him over and over again, “I love you. I’ve loved you for so long.”

“Oh, Buffy,” he got out, burying his head against her again, his body jerking against hers.

“You’re everything to me,” she continued, unable to stop, “I love you and you, you’re perfect. Never leave me.”

“I’ll never leave you,” he said desperately, pressing kisses all over her face, his caresses bringing her attention to the tears tracing down her cheeks. Tears – for the first time in a long time – of joy. She raised a shaking hand to his face and found moisture there too.

“I love you.”

“God, I love you, Buffy. Love you so much. Always love you.”

She drew him down to her, kissing him softly, his lips salty with their mingled tears. It was then that she felt him still hard inside her and her desire flared up again. Sensing it, he kissed her harder as his hands locked around her wrists, pinning them above her head as he started to move against her again.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


She was sleepy and satiated and sore in an entirely good way as she collapsed to the bed on her front, her head just resting on the pillow. She was floating again, her whole body suffused with joy. She felt her vampire shift beside her and she moaned lowly as he pressed soft kisses to her bare back, his fingers running gently over her skin.

“Have you gone evil yet?” she whispered with a smile.

“Hmm, don’t think so. Maybe we should do it again just to be sure.”

She smiled widely and then squealed as he rolled her over, leaning over her, his fingers tracing over her front now.

“Although,” he murmured, his mouth grazing her neck, “I do have the urge to bite you. Maybe I am evil.”

She hummed in pleasure as his human teeth scraped over her skin and arched into him, wondering how she could have been so short-changed in the bedroom department before this. She was definitely going to start making up for that – and Spike seemed more than willing to help with her re-education. He pulled back now, looking down at her, his eyes warm with love and desire.

“I love you.”

“I love you,” she answered with a smile, her hand tracing lazily over his bare chest.

“How did I get so lucky?” he murmured, pulling her hand to his lips and pressing soft kisses to her knuckles.

“Must be fate,” she murmured.

“Must be,” he answered and leaned down again to kiss her.


THE END