Author's Chapter Notes:
And again I bring the slash. This is probably the second last chapter to contain slash but if you trust me, we'll get there to the Spuffin (spike/buffy luvin') in no time. We have Spike/Jonthan and Spike/Angel here. No idea when the next chap will be, thanks for sticking with me :)
Thank you dampersnspoons for the wonderful betaing and suggesting ONS stood for Omniscient Necrophilia Survivors. Dedication and Thanks to Shadow for making a decision I couldn't make out of Jack-off-athan, (or Jerk-off-athan), Jon-key Kong, Jon or (Horatio) Spike-Blower and Jon-Jon Geekathon. Behold my indecisiveness and bad jokiness.
Part Three

Steam attempted to cover the YIM conversation speeding back and forth across the city via a convenient Blackberry and a failing computer. Spike was taking advantage of his privileges connecting to his status of the lead on Fox’s number one rated show, attempting relaxation in the steam room. He looked down at the Blackberry where he had been reading over Buffy’s latest chapter.

Icame4Spike: That’s one mean dangly you got there.
Im_a_Pratt: What?
Icame4sSpike: Dangling modifier. See look, you are trying to modify Jack but you are changing the kettle. Running madly around the kitchen, the kettle boiled to a point. Jack’s running around the kitchen, not the kettle.
Im_a_Pratt: Oh.
Im_a_Pratt: Okay, who in their right mind called it a dangling modifier? Why would anyone ever, ever use the word dangling? It leads to lots of nasty images of living in a trailer park with twenty kids.
Icame4Spike: LOL
Icame4Spike: Darling, that has to be the funniest abuse of grammar in the history of the English language.

Spike wiped away the condensation on the plastic cover protecting his Blackberry.

“What are you doing up there?” A voice sounded from beneath him.

“Who told you to stop?”

The brunet kid took Spike’s cock back into his mouth and avidly sucked.
Spike sighed. The blowjob was an attempt to ease the tension he’d felt since he saw his phone light up earlier that morning, the number originating from the only person who knew his.

Icame4Spike: Now do you want to tell me why you called me this morning and hung up straight away?
Im_a_Pratt: It wasn’t an emergency.
Icame4Spike: Run that by me one more time.
Im_a_Pratt: You gave me that number in case I ever had an emergency. It wasn’t one.
Icame4Spike: It had to be if you called me straight off the bat.

“Oh bollocks, won’t she ever learn to use bloomin’ apostrophes correctly?”

The baby-faced boy, Jon or something poofy like that, let Spike’s pale cock slip from his mouth in surprise.

“You’re proof reading someone’s text message while I give you head?”

“Didn’ I already scold you for stoppin’?”

Icame4Spike: Buffy, tell me what’s wrong. I told you, call me whenever you need to.
Im_a_Pratt: I know I trust you, I know you now. It’s been months. It’s just...
Icame4Spike: It’s just what?
Im_a_Pratt: You’re a man.
Icame4Spike: I’m well aware of that fact, love.

“For fuck’s sake! Can’t you do anything right?” Spike pushed the boy away and grabbed his softened dick, trying desperately to tease it back to its previous state from proofing Buffy’s smut.

Im_a_Pratt: Could we just forget about all that and maybe…
Im_a_Pratt: Umm
Im_a_Pratt: Maybe do that thing we did the other night? The girls are at Kindy.
Im_a_Pratt: We don’t have to if you don’t want to, I mean, you’re a guy you probably want to but…I’m kinda…I need
Icame4Spike: Buffy, I’ll do whatever you want me to do.
Im_a_Pratt: *blushes* You know my number.

Last week, Buffy had got unbearably horny from the latest Exist episode that was chock full of angsty sex and stupidly got right onto the computer and set up a voice chat with Will. They had exchanged numbers a week previous and after a few phone conversations she was in such a state that she needed to hear his upper crust British accent spell out dirty phrases that would help her…ah…finish…during a round with her hand.

Just as Spike was dialling up her number the steam room door opened and Spike groaned.

“Get your lardy hunk of monkey muscle away from me, Liam.”

“What’s got you twisted ‘round a bend, William? You got a new pretty lady you need some help with?”

“Fuck off. I got a phone call to make.”

Liam slinked forward, sweat quickly gathering all over his mostly naked body, glistening along the toned biceps and dripping from large forehead to fall to the ground.

“Mate, you’re not welcome.”

“But ‘Bite-the-dust’ here is?” Liam nodded at the boy between Spike’s legs.

“Fuck off.” Liam sat down on the bench beside Spike, flinging the white towel across the room.

“Snappy comeback. You’re really lacking lately Will. Has this bitch go you wrapped around her dainty pinky already? You finally a one-hole man?”

Calm was so far from Spike’s capabilities; his silent fury radiated from his sweating pores with such intensity that the boy at Spike’s crotch rigidly backed away.

“You don’t speak about her. Your conversations are with my cock, not where I put it.”
Liam reached out as if to grab at the sweaty flesh in front of him but Spike hand snapped out and stopped Liam from getting any closer with a deathly fierce grip.

“She’s never going to love you. Not if she knew where that rhetoric dick has been.”

Spike surged forward, Liam’s bulk hitting the jet of steam billowing up from the floor with a hmphf as Spike straddled him.

“You don’t like where it’s been Liam?”

The sweat poured off of them in bucket loads and slipped down each crevice, making it the slightest bit easier for Spike to shove his cock into Liam’s ass. Angry and dry, Spike’s eyes rolled back as he slammed his pelvis against Liam’s junky trunk, only half aware of flinging his phone towards Jonatiao Spike-Blower and telling him to call the number in the contact list. Rollicking nausea and an intense bundle of pain exploded beneath Spike’s skin, his emotions running amok. Tears welled behind closed eyelids as each dry jerk into Liam’s meal-ticket of a hole made Spike realise he never wanted to do this ever again.

He never wanted Liam to provoke him into sex. He never wanted to touch a man again, or another hussy woman for that matter, ever again. He only wanted to touch the one he’d never felt, the one he didn’t know who’d come into his life.

Leaving Liam with cum seeping out of a bloodied and bruised ass, Spike ran out of the steam room and collided with Cecily.

“Where the hell have you been? You’ve got to get ready for that—”

“Cancel it,” he said tersely.

“What the fuck, Spike? You need this.” She dogged him as he walked into the change rooms, pulling on his black jeans and fumbling with the belt.

“I got more important stuff to do than this shit, Cec.”

“No you don’t.”

And then, he broke.

Cecily was pushed against the wall and a punch flew above her head to land next to her ear, his fist flying through the panelling.

“What the hell is wrong with you, Will?” His face was so close and his breath so terrifyingly quick, Cecily had gulped at the fury that covered his body like a delicate cloak. It so quickly dissipated when she spoke those quiet words, leaving only the cracked façade of a broken man.

“Everything,” he whispered.

*************************************

Will’s number on the little digital screen made Buffy sigh in relief as she flipped open the ringing phone.

“You left me hanging, baby.”

“Umm, sorry, this isn’t Spike. This is Jonathan Levison, Andrew Wells PA. Spike can’t come to the phone right now, he asked me to say sorry and he’ll chat with you later.”

All the groinal energy that had been gathering in her pelvic region fled from Buffy’s body as shock set in.

It couldn’t be possible.

Her Will. Her William. The man she trusted, confided in. She wasn’t stupid. It was the internet. Everyone lies on the internet. But it had been more, gone beyond lonely people meeting in a chat room.

Her William was William (a.k.a. Spike) Pratt, the man she’d lusted over for almost five years. Her William was the man whose sexual exploits were slathered all over tabloids which were distributed across the globe. Her William was the man who’d been dubbed Mr Non-Commitment and Mr One Night Stand by those tabloids.

She had fallen for the devil.

*************************************

One new voice message.

“Buffy, love, pick up the phone. I know you’re home…or you’ve gone to pick up the girls from Kindy. Tell me what had you so bothered this morning. Please. Please give me a call.”

Fury swathed her tiny body as she readied the girls’ dinner. Picking up the phone when they were happily munching on their carrots, Buffy dialled his number in a huff.

“Buffy?”

“WHAT’S WRONG? WHAT’S WRONG IS THAT YOU LIED TO ME!”

“Ah, love?”

“Don’t you ‘ah, love’ me, Mr Pratt.”

Spike dropped his Blackberry.

“Oh, fuck.” His upper crust accent dissipated.

Scrambling to get a hold of the situation and his phone, Spike slipped and flailed, his legs shooting out in front of him and his ass bouncing hard onto the tiled floors.

“OW! Oh, buggar, that bloody hurt. Buffy…”

“Oh, fuck was right Mister. What are you fucking playing at?”

“It’s not like that Buffy, I’m not playing...”

“Yes you fucking are! You…oh shit you read that stuff I wrote about you. You read all the stuff the girls write about you. You egotistical maniacal... oh my God, I did that stuff with you! I’m just like all the other whores you fuck every day. Did that magazine have it right? You’re bisexual and you’re sleeping with Liam O’Reilly? What the hell am I to you?”

She finally paused, breathing heavily with anger. Buffy heard a horrible cough originate from the kitchen.

“One of my girls is choking. I need to save her, I don’t need to save you. I hope you choke to death on a stick of carrot.” She slammed the phone down and rushed to Amy.

He couldn’t help it. He burst out laughing. As the fit of giggles passed, Spike knew what he had to do.

*************************************

A knock on the door.

Damn it, I can’t deal with anything else today.

“Buffy, please open the door.”

Her eyes widened.

How the hell did he know where I live?

“It’s called a phonebook, Buffy. I looked you up. I have something for you and my arms are going to break if you don’t open the door.”

She rushed to open the door, making sure a scowl was planted on her face.

It disappeared when she saw what he had brought her.

An Apple logo planted on the side of an enormous box pushed passed her and he lowered it to the floor.

“I’m really, really, really sorry, love.”

Tears filled Buffy’s still angry, death-glare eyes as the morning caught up to her. The fact that Spike Pratt was standing nervously in her apartment hadn’t registered. All she could see standing there on her worn rug was the man she’d fallen for, eager to please.

“Oh God, William.” Buffy’s knees hit the floor and Spike was there to scoop her into his arms, rocking her gently as she talked about her troubles.

Buffy rubbed her thighs together, grinning widely as she skimmed over the Wikpedia entry on cock rings. Ideas plummeted through her thoughts, the positions Jack twisted into within her mind made the squirming intensify. The front door rattled and Buffy jumped; all heat in her body freezing as she heard the horrible voice through the wooden walls.

“Buffy, open the door.”

Buffy lifted herself from her dying office chair and walked to the door as if death was knocking.

An evil conniving woman was latched onto his arm.

“Come in Lindsey. Who’s this?”

“Lilah Morgan. We’re here to see the girls.” The slimy vacuous pair strolled into her lounge room, sneering at her abode.

“Well, you can’t. They are at Kindy. Right now, it would be nap time.”
Buffy moved to the computer, and in a scene from a bad comedy, the cock ring entry wouldn’t get off the screen. Of course it wouldn’t get off. She tried to minimize, then tried to switch screens then just tried to turn the damn computer off. Flicking the reset button and turning off the monitor, Buffy hazarded a smile at her smarmy ex.

“What the hell was that on the screen?”

“I don’t know.”

“Lilah wants to meet the girls.”

“I told you, they are at Kindy.”

“I’m not waiting
here, Lindsey,” the woman whispered loud enough that her snobbish inflection could be heard by Buffy.

“How did you find me, Lindsey?”

“The firm requisitioned an internet company. Your name came out as one of the members.” Buffy folded her arms across her chest. Invasion of privacy was just so Lindsey.

“Why are you here?”

“I told you, Lilah wanted to see the girls.” His words only fuelled the furious flames that raged out from her heart.

“You go back on our agreement just because
Lilah wanted you to?”

“Our agreement included me giving you a hefty sum of money.”

“I didn’t ask for the 50 grand, I just wanted to be left alone.”

“Yeah, well if you aren’t treating my daughters alright, maybe you will be.”

Buffy’s open mouth clamped shut. He couldn’t do that. He bought her silence with his money. He couldn’t just take away her children.

“Here’s my card. Call me when they are here.” The couple left; looks of disgust at their surroundings uncovered on their faces.

Crying, Buffy sat back at the computer table once the door was shut behind their rich elitist asses. Buffy turned the computer monitor back on but only to see blackness.
She kicked the hard drive tower in frustration, the old battered computer failing to even try to moan back into existence.

The tears were coming harder and Buffy picked up her phone, fingers poised to press the number she had memorised. Dialling with a million negative thoughts rambling across the bridge between the left and right sides of her brain, she realised that she’d called Will in a teary mess of issues that she didn’t want to bring down upon the man.

She hung up before he could answer.


She finished softly speaking, tears ready to spill down her face.

“Buffy, look at me.”

Her watery eyes lifted up to see the shine glazed across his face that trickled from his brilliant eyes.

“I’m in love with you.”


Chapter End Notes:
Evil? Cliff hanger? I'm writing Soap Operas now? :P