Since most of the tables were empty, Spike pulled Buffy to a secluded table in the back.

He brought her hand to his lips for a kiss before going to get them drinks.

Buffy sat in her chair and watched as he walked to the bar. He was so graceful, every move he made set her on fire.

Spike was on his way back from the bar when a familiar song came through the speakers.

Buffy stood and took the drinks from him, placing them on the table. He looked confused for a moment, so she gave him a smile and held out her hand.

His confusion gave away to a grin, and he placed his hand in hers, allowing her to lead him to the dance floor.

This time instead of wrapping her arms around his neck, one hand laid itself upon his shoulder, and the other brought their clasped hands to rest on her heart. He wrapped his arm around her, and they began swaying to the music.

Buffy kept her eyes on his and began singing softly.

*It's amazing how you can speak right to my heart
Without saying a word, you can light up the dark
Try as I may I could never explain
What I hear when you don't say a thing*


Spike's eyes widened when she started singing, and he felt his soul melt. And even though she wasn't the best singer, it was the most beautiful sound he had ever heard.


*The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall
You say it best.. When you say nothing at all*

Her voice was rough with tears, and threatening to crack, but she didn't care. Nothing was going to stop her from singing this song to him. It was perfect, she couldn't have wrote the lyrics any more true herself. It was fate.

*All day long I can hear people talking out loud
But when you hold me near, you drown out the crowd
Old Mr. Webster could never define
What's being said between your heart and mine*


He was crying now, but it didn't matter. He couldn't care less. Not when she was clutching his hand to her heart, serenading him with sweet trembling lips. What had he done to deserve her? Why did a sweet beauty like Buffy, want a broken man? There was no fear in his heart anymore, he knew she loved him. This song was perfect for her too. Because when she looked at him with those shining green eyes, love poured out of them in waves. He was drowning in her, she had brought feelings back to his heart that he thought were buried. He loved her, and he was perfectly willing to let himself drown in her. She would take care of him.



*The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall
You say it best.. When you say nothing at all*

She was crying to hard to sing anymore, so she mouthed the words to him. She watched as his tears fell to the ground, and felt the hand at her heart tighten. This is what she was singing about, the look in eyes. The look that told her that he did need her. And even though he couldn't say it, his eyes couldn't lie.

*The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall
You say it best..

When you say nothing at all...*



"I love you."

He let out a whimper at her confession and crushed her to him. He buried his face in her hair, soaking it with his tears.

She held him to her, and whispered into his neck.

"I love you so much. "

He pulled her away to look at him and brought her face gently to his and placed a sweet kiss on her lips.

He pulled slightly away, but she could feel his lips move softly against hers when he spoke.

"I love you, Buffy."




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N The song is "When You Say Nothing at All" by Alison Krauss.