It took him nearly four hours to get to her.

Not only was the traffic horrid because of the thunderstorm currently pounding out it's fury, he got lost.

Three times.

By the time he reached her father's mansion he was ready to roll the window down and yell her name until he found her.

He knew it was the place from the scant description he'd haggled out of Jenny. He parked the car and just sat there staring at the house.

She was in there, just on the other side of the door.

And he couldn't get his legs to work.

What if she turned him down? What if she had finally decided she didn't want a broken man?

"This is the problem, mate."

He was talking to himself now. What next?

But he knew this was the problem, this fear building inside of him. He couldn't let it keep him from his life.

He couldn't let it keep him from Buffy.

~~~~~~~

He knocked on the door quickly, afraid of losing his nerve.

He was soaking wet, his teeth were chattering, but he didn't feel it.

All he could feel was the hammering in his chest.

And when the door opened his lungs failed him.

"Spike?"

Buffy looked at him, standing in front of her soaked to the bone and teeth chattering.

But it was the smile on his face that had her attention.

"Buffy."

When he spoke her name, she couldn't help but to throw herself at him.

He caught her and brought her to him, holding on to each other so tight that neither one of them could breath.

But they didn't care.

Who needed air? They had each other.

The rain fell and lightning flashed, but they didn't see it.

They were in the middle of their own storm.

Their lips came together with a clap of thunder, but the kiss was still rolling long after the thunder faded.

And when they finally broke apart, the sun shone down on them.

~~~

Spike looked at Buffy sitting beside him on the couch.

Their hands were entwined so he brought them up for a kiss. He looked in her eyes as he placed a tender kiss on the back of her hand and saw the dark look that passed over her face. He frowned and layed their hands back down on the sofa.

"Buffy? Is something wrong?"

She pulled her hand away and ran it through her long hair.

"No. Yes. I mean- I don't know."

She let out a ragged sigh, and hid her face in her hands.

"Buffy, tell me."

She pulled her hands away and the tears fell freely.

"This isn't going to work."

Her words hit him like a sledge hammer.

"Buffy-"

She cut him off, jumping to her feet.

"I mean, you coming here, sweeping me off my feet isn't changing anything! It's still the same, Spike! I told you on the phone-"

He cut her off this time, standing in front of her he lifted her chin to bring her eyes to his.

"I know." She looked confused, drawing her eyebrows together. "I didn't come to "Sweep you off your feet", I came because I need to talk to you."

He had to hide a small smile because she actually looked a little disappointed.

"Talk?"

Fear slammed into her this time.

Oh God, what if he found somebody else?

"Yeah, sweet love. Talk."

As always her pet name melted some fear, but not enough to matter.

"Wh- what about?"

He could see the fear in her eyes, so he lead her to the couch and sat her down. He sat next to her and took her hand in his.

Which must not have helped at all, since she was currently going into a panic attack.

"Buffy, it's not what your thinking, so just calm down love."

She let out a breath and looked at him.

It was then that she noticed he was fighting fear as well.

"Spike?"

He sucked in a breath and started talking, knowing if he stalled he might lose his nerve.

"I talked to my dad. Got some things worked out."

Buffy smiled a brilliant smile at him and squeezed his hand.

"Spike! That's wonderful!"

"Like I said, we talked, got some things aired out. He said some things that opened my eyes. Made me realize I was about to lose something that could make me whole."

He looked at her, and fresh tears stained their cheeks.

"My heart. It's not much, it's battered and it's bruised."

He brought her hand to his heart, and placed his over it.

"But it's yours."

A tear dropped onto their hands.

"I'm ready now, Buffy. I'm ready to give it to you. But not just my heart. Everything, I want to give it all to you. If you still want it."

She smiled a teary smile, and squeezed his chest with her hand.

"Mine."