Buffy ran her fingers softly through Spike's touseled curls.

She was laying on the couch and he was lying between her legs with his head resting against her stomach. She let out a soft giggle when he mumbled in his sleep and his moving lips tickled her bare skin.

He had worn himself out with his confession and had soon fallen asleep against her.

But she didn't mind.

In fact, she was pretty sure she could live the rest of her life just like this.

~~~

"Buffy."

Sleepy green eyes popped open to look into mischievious blue.

"There's my sweet love."

He ran his hand down her smiling face, softly cupping her soft cheek.

"Mmm. What time is it?"

"Two thirty."

"What?!"

Spike made a face at her loud screech. "Sorry love, I didn't want your dad coming in to find his daughter with a punk between her legs."

She rolled her eyes, but also understood.

"Don't worry. He's out of town."

Spike narrowed his eyes at the sad look passing across her face. How could that asshole just up and leave her here?

"I'm sorry, baby."

"Don't worry about it." she said smiling up at him.

He gave her a quick wink and a soft tickle, which sent her into a fit of giggles.

"Are you sleepy?"

"Not really."

"What do you wanna do?"

Spike leered playfully at her, licking his lips.

"Well pet, I could think of a few things."

Buffy smacked him against the chest. "You're a pig."

"Yeah."

She looked over at his smirking face and debated asking her next question.

Finally curiosity won.

"Spike?"

"Uh hunh?"

"What happened to Ethan?"

He rubbed his hands down his thighs and rested his head against the back of the couch before turning it to face her.

"He's dead. " He knew what her next question would be. "No, my dad didn't do it. He would have if it weren't for me, but he knew I needed him since mum was gone."

"Our next door neighbor saw it happen and the police caught him a couple of hours later. He had the murder weapon and the guy testified against him, so he was put away pretty quick. He got life, but he tried to be head honcho at the pen and got cut down about two months after she died. You would have thought his death would have made us feel better, but it didn't. If he was still alive I'd probably try to off him myself."

She covered his hand with hers and returned the small smile he sent her.

"How did you get to Sunnydale?"

"We stayed in England for about a year, but it was so hard living in the house where it happened. When school started back I went to a boarding school while dad went to New York to finish up some business. While he was there they offered him a position at a school in California and he jumped at it, hoping it might help. Like a fresh start, you know?" Buffy nodded her head. "Two months later I was on my way to becoming an American citizen."

She nodded again, this time trying to stifle a yawn.

"Sleepy, love?"

"Just a bit."

He smiled at her drooping eyes and scooped her up, heading for the stairs. She told him where her room was and he carried her in, laying her on the bed. She watched with sleepy eyes as he shed his shirt and shoes. He stopped at the side of the bed and sent her a shy look, asking for permission. She smiled and reached for his hand.

"Come to bed, my love."

He gave her his hand as his heart swelled at her words.

He snuggled in and wrapped his arms tightly around her. He felt her soft eyelashes fluttering against his chest as she tried to stay awake. He placed a sweet kiss against her forehead and laid his cheek against her hair, closing his eyes.

"Go to sleep, sweet girl. Tommorrow starts our new life."