"William Giles."

Spike walked gracefully across the stage and accepted his diploma. He looked into the crowd and found his love, blowing a sweet kiss to his cheering girl.

Buffy bounced up and down, wildly cheering and waving at him with Giles and Jenny beside her doing the same.

She smiled and sent a kiss back to him.

It had been four months since Spike had shown up on Hank's doorstep and Buffy had moved back to Sunnydale a week later.

They had decided to take things slow, and had even stayed in their own bedrooms.

Most of the time.

It had taken a while for things to settle down, and even longer for it to even resemble what it once had been.

But it would never be the same, they were different people now.

They were stronger and wiser, they had grown together.

Giles had helped Spike buy the small house next door to their own. It was much smaller, having only one floor, but it was big enough for them.

Spike was already living in the house, working to get it fully furnished before Buffy moved in.

Giles didn't want Buffy to move in until either they were married or she finished school. He never came out at told her no and he couldn't stop her if she decided to move in anyway, but Giles was like a father to her and she respected him.

Besides, she was over there every waking minute and had snuck back into her room just before sunrise more than once.

Spike was graduating with honors and had been offered a position at Sunnydale Elementary as a fourth grade English Teacher. His goal was to be a professor and he would teach at the elementary while working to maintain his masters degree.

Buffy was heading into her second year of psychology and wanted to be a counselor, hoping to use her unfortunate past to help someone else.

Spike sat in his seat and thought of all that had happened over the past two years.

He had regained his life, found the woman of his dreams, and was happier than he had ever been. The only thing that could make his life better was having his mother with him and for Buffy to have Joyce.

But he couldn't have that.

And he knew that his mother and the woman that would have been his mother in law, were happy.

He liked to think that maybe they were looking down on them together.

Maybe Joyce had sent him to Buffy and Anne had sent Buffy to him.

Who knows?

Everything happens for a reason.

~~~~~~~

"Where are we?"

Buffy held onto Spike as he walked beside her.

He had shown up at her bedroom door with a rose and a blindfold. He finally sweet talked her into wearing the blindfold, promising a special surprise if she cooperated.

He had walked her to the car and sat her down before climbing in the other side. They hadn't been driving five minutes when he pulled to a stop. He had pulled something from the backseat before opening her door and helping her out. They had been walking for a while before he softly stepped in front of her, causing her to crash into his chest.

"We're here."

"And just where is here?"

He chuckled before dropping a light kiss on her nose.

"Settle down, my sweet love."

As always the name calmed her nerves. She felt him walk behind her and begin to untie the blindfold.

When she opened her eyes, they were blurred with tears.

He had brought her to the hill that they had came to on their surprise date.

His arms came around her and he hooked his chin on her shoulder after a quick kiss was pressed to her cheek.

"It's beautiful."

She smiled as she looked at the stars winking down on them. It looked almost the same as it had the night she gave him her heart.

"Nothing compared to you."

She turned in his arms and smiled up at him as she remembered him saying it before.

"Pick one."

He smiled at her and looked at the stars, before shaking his head and making a face.

"Nah."

She looked up at him in confusion and he smiled down at her, running his hand across her cheek.

"Who needs a star? I've got you."

Her lip trembled before it was caught with his.

They poured their love and devotion into each other, and when they broke apart they were both brought to tears.

Spike wiped Buffy's tears away, and she pushed a kiss onto his fingers when they passed her mouth.

"Buffy."

"Spike?"

He looked toward the sky for a moment and when he turned back to her, she nearly staggered at the amount of love in his eyes.

"I can't give you the stars. And I can't give you all the things you deserve."

He dropped to his knee and pulled the small box out of his pocket.

"But I can love you like no one else can. I know I don't deserve you. There's nothing in this world I could do to make me deserve you. But I want to try."

He opened the box and the ring sparkled in the moonlight.

" I'll spend the rest of my life loving you and making you happy. Please Buffy-"

He looked into her eyes and pulled the ring from it's box.

"Say you'll be my wife."

She was crying to hard to say anything so she nodded her head and gave him her hand. He slid the ring onto her shaking finger and pulled it to his lips for a tearful kiss.

She fisted her hands into his shirt and pulled him up to her, capturing his lips with a soul burning kiss.

She broke away and kissed his cheek over and over, a soft "yes" between each kiss.

He buried his face in her hair,

"I promise, my love. I promise to love you more with every breath. God! I love you so much!"

She laughed into his neck and placed a kiss there.

"I love you too! Oh God, How I love you, William."

He pulled back and brushed the soft hair back away from her face.

"Love me forever?"

She smiled and pulled him to the ground on top of her.

"Forever."

He kissed her and ran his hands down her body. She moaned and brought her legs up to wrap around his waist. He kissed his way from her lips to her neck.

"Make love to me."

He pulled back and searched her face.

"Here, pet?"

She pulled his shirt up and over his head, bringing her hands down to unbuckle his belt.

"Here."

He pulled back from her and grasped the hem of her sun dress, slipping it over her head and baring her to his gaze.

Thanking God that he brought the blanket, he lowered her back down and ran his hands up her legs to pull down her panties.

He sucked in a breath and threw them onto her dress.

"You're so beautiful, Buffy."

She pulled his face to hers for a soft kiss while lowering his zipper. She pulled him out of the confines of his jeans and brought him to her.

He pulled back, trying to kiss his way down her body. She pulled his head back up, and he gave her a strange look.

"Please Spike. I need you inside me."

He let out a low moan and nodded his head, positioning himself between her legs.

"I love you."

He softly pushed into her. She arched against him, her eyes never leaving his.

"I love you too."

It was better than the first time.

He thrust wildly within her and she met each one with her own vigor.

It was fire, and it was consuming them.

He held onto her, bringing his forehead down onto hers.

"I love you. I love you so much, Buffy."

"Yes! I love you too, Will. Ohhhh!"

Her body arched into his with ecstacy, bringing him to his own.

Their eyes were wide, and their breathing was wild, clutching at each other as if they might float away.

"Be my wife?"

"I already said yes."

"Just checking."

~~~~~~~

The wind blew hard against Buffy and Spike as they made their way down a narrow path.

Spike clung to her hand and she could feel his tremble.

He stopped just short of the stone and sucked in a breath trying to reign in his feelings. Buffy looked up at him, watching him close his eyes to hide the tears. She gave his hand a squeeze and he finally opened them with a new found determination.

They walked up to the stone and Spike couldn't hide the tears anymore. He dropped to his knee's and Buffy went willingly down with him.

He dropped her hand and buried his in the soft grass, flexing his fingers through the blades with his forehead resting against the cold stone.

Buffy softly rubbed his back as he wept, and finally rested her head against his trembling back.

He finally pulled back to face her and she wiped his tears away, kissing him gently.

He gave her a teary smile and turned back to the gravestone.

"Hello, mum. How are you?"

The wind picked up and he turned hopeful eyes to Buffy who gave him a wink.

"I-I miss you so much." The tears started flowing again but he talked through them. "Everyday I think of you. You're always here with me."

He put a hand over his heart and then picked up Buffy's.

"I want you to meet someone. This is Buffy, the woman of my dreams. My fiancee."

He looked at Buffy and this time he gave her hand a soft squeeze.

"Hi. I wish I could have met you, but I know you were an incredible woman. I want you to know that I love your son, and that I'll take care of him. Forever."

The wind softly picked up again, and blew softly against their faces.

They shared a knowing smile.