'Come back to me.'

Buffy's eyes shot open and immediately slammed shut when blinding pain encompassed her body.

She groaned and cried out as hot tears flowed down her cheeks.

Spike's head shot up at her cries and he grabbed her hand.

"Buffy? Are you awake? Oh, God! Please be awake."

She weakly squeezed his hand and Spike nearly collapsed with joy.

"Thank you God! Oh, thank you so much."

He pushed the emergency alert button and wiped the tears from her face.

"Sweet Love, can you open your eyes?"

She blinked a couple of times trying to see him more clearly.

"Spike?"

He let out a sob at the sound of her scratchy voice.

"Yeah?"

Her eyes widened and she shot up in the bed, looking wildy around the room.

"The baby! Oh, God! Is he okay? Spike where is he?"

He lowered her back down to the bed and took her hands in his again. He gave her a smile full of pride.

"He's fine, love. He's in the nursery, they just fed him."

A look of sadness passed over her face.

"How long was I gone?"

"Six days, fifteen hours and-" He looked at his watch, "twenty nine minutes."

"I missed everything."

New tears began to form and Spike wiped them away once again.

"Love, you couldn't help it. I'm just so thankful you came back to me, I couldn't have done it without you."

She cupped his cheek and he leaned down to capture her lips.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

The nurse walked into the room then and turned to go find the doctor, giving them a few more minutes of privacy.

~~~

The doctor had came and checked Buffy over, telling them the steps they needed take to keep her blood pressure down and told them she could be released in a few days if nothing happened.

The nurse had been sent to get the baby and Buffy clung to Spike as the nurse rolled his little cart into the room.

She sucked in a breath at the sight of her son.

He was beautiful.

Soft dark hair covered his head and eyes as blue as the sea blinked up at her.

She picked him up and brought him to her, crying tears of joy.

"He's perfect, love."

She looked up at Spike and gave a little giggle, awed by the sight of her beautiful boys.

She brought Spike to her for another kiss and pulled him up to sit beside her.

"Did you name him?"

"No. I wanted you to help me."

Buffy nodded her head and cuddled the baby closer to her.

"I have one, it's been in my mind for a while. I've been meaning to talk to you about it, but he came early."

Spike smiled and stroked the baby's soft hair.

"He must have got that from me. Never had much patience."

"I know." Buffy snorted.

"Well, tell me now. Gotta call him something."

"William Sawyer."

Spike looked at her, blinking away tears of his own.

"That was mum's maiden name."

She softly smiled at him and returned the favor of wiping his tears away.

"I know."

"William Sawyer Giles. It's perfect, just like him."

~~~~~~~


The nurse had came in and helped Buffy breast feed William. He had happily latched on and the nurse was astonished at how easily it happened, especially since he had been on formula.

Spike had sat on the bed behind her, amazed at his small family.

He loved them both so much.

Buffy had touched his heart when she named their child after his mother.

William had been fed, as well as Buffy and Spike, so they were just relaxing when the door burst in.

Giles sped through the door with Jenny hot on his heels.

"Do you not know how to pick up a phone, William?" Giles bit out angrily.

They had come to relieve Spike of his vigil over Buffy's bedside so he could get a shower, but had stopped by the nursery first. Imagine their surprise when they were informed the baby was being fed by his mother tonight.

Spike closed his eyes and cursed himself.

How could he forget to call?

He had been so happy and relieved when she awoke that he didn't think of anything.

"Dad, God! I'm so sorry. I just- when she woke up, I couldn't think of anything else. I'm so sorry."

Giles' anger melted, and he softly nodded his head, following Jenny to Buffy's bedside.

Jenny grabbed her and held her tight, sobbing her relief into Buffy's shoulder.

"Thank God, I'm so happy you're awake, baby girl! I was so worried!"

She pulled back and gave Buffy a kiss, then moved away to let an anxious Giles grab onto her.

"Oh, Buffy. I'm so relieved, I don't know what we would have done without you."

Giles squeezed her before letting her go.

Spike brought in another chair for Giles to sit in, while Jenny sat in the recliner.

Buffy inclined the bed into a higher position so she could sit up and Spike moved in beside her.

She traded arms, so that baby Will was facing his grandparents.

Sleepy blue eyes opened and a tiny yawn escaped his mouth. Jenny and Giles were both beaming with pride when Buffy handed him over.

Jenny moved over and let Giles slide in beside her on the roomy seat as they stared at the baby.

"It's amazing, He's like a spitting image of William." Giles said.

Buffy looked back at Spike who gave her a wink.

"Actually, he is William."

"You named him already?" Jenny asked.

"Yeah, his name is William Sawyer Giles."

Giles' head shot up to look at them with teary eyes.

His lip trembled and he nodded his head, a few tears escaping.

"It's beautiful."

Buffy and Spike shared a proud smile.

"Thank you."

~~~~~~~~~~

Spike pulled the Desoto to a stop and looked in the back seat at Buffy.

"Don't move."

He pushed the door open and ran around to her side of the car, jerking the door open and helping her out.

He pulled her to him and gave her a sweet kiss before reaching in for the car seat. He brought the car seat out and pulled the visor down to keep the sun off Will-Sawyer.

Buffy reached for it but Spike evaded her.

"Spike."

"Baby, you heard the doctor. No stress or strenuous activites."

She put her hands on her hips and glared at her husband.

"I don't think carrying my son into the house is too strenuous, Spike."

He walked closer to her and pulled her to him, letting out a sigh.

"I know, sweet love. I just- I don't want to take any chances alright?"

She looked up at him, reading the fear in his eyes.

"I know. I'm sorry."

He placed a kiss on top of her head and walked her into the house.

~~~

Buffy rolled over, sitting up when she heard Will's soft cry. Before she could get out of bed, Spike was already at the basinet bringing him to her.

"I could have got him."

He sat down on the bed and handed her the baby to feed.

"I know, pet. Just wanted you to rest."

She sighed and looked at him.

"Spike, It's been two months. My blood pressure is normal and everything is fine. Nothing is gonna happen. You have to let me do stuff on my own."

He ran his fingers through his hair, standing up from the bed.

"I'm sorry! Excuse me for worrying about you, for not wanting anything to happen to you!"

"Spike, calm down. You know it's true."

He sat on the bed and picked up the hand that wasn't holding the baby.

"It is. I'm sorry, I just worry. I'm so scared."

She squeezed his hand and gave him a reassuring smile.

"I know, baby. But everything is gonna be alright, you hear?"

He nodded and layed down beside her, resting his head on her thigh.

"I love you."

She ran her fingers through his hair.

"I love you too."