Buffy layed in bed listening to Spike and Will-Sawyer splash around in the tub.

She sighed, rubbing her growing tummy and thinking back on the past few months.

When she had gone to the doctor, she had found out that her condition was more serious than she thought.

Since she had went into premature labor, her hormones were still out of whack from her pregnancy and were causing her blood pressure to fluctuate. The doctor had highered the dosage of her medicine and advised against sex for the next six weeks, until her next appointment when he would see if the medication was making a difference. When she had told Spike, he hadn't gloated about being right, he had just nodded and pulled her to him for a hug.

Over the next six weeks Buffy had gone about doing her normal routine but had kept a close eye on her blood pressure. It had only went up once and it was just barely over the high mark.

When she had gone back to the doctor, her blood pressure was back to its normal range. He had advised her to keep taking her medicine, but also said that they could try to make love.

He told them to keep it light, no marathons for a while.

Buffy had blushed furiously when he said it and he had just given her a grin, but became serious once again telling her if that if it became to much, or any symptoms of rising blood pressure occurred, to stop immediately.

Spike was still a little fearful so they had waited another week before finally making love.

The connection they felt when they finally made love was incredible.

Because they knew their love had made a miracle.

And they didn't realize until three weeks later that it had made two.

~~~~~~~~

Buffy was brought back into the present when a soaking wet Spike walked in cradling a wiggling, giggling bundle of towel.

She sat up and smiled when Will-Sawyer wiggled out of the towel, crawling toward her. She grabbed it and threw it across him when he reached her thighs.

"Where did Will-Sawyer go, Daddy?"

Spike walked back into the room carrying Will's bed clothes and chuckled as he watched him try to escape the offending cloth.

"I don't know."

Spike gave Buffy a wink and then gasped in mock surprise when Will-Sawyer finally threw the towel off his head.

"Why, there he is!"

Will fell into a fit of giggles, jumping in Spike's lap as he tried to put his diaper on him. He finally got him dressed, smoothing down the soft curls that had frizzed underneath the towel.

"Go say Night Night to mummy, poppet."

He crawled to Buffy and she scooped him into her waiting arms. She held him close and pulled back to give his soft belly a tickle. He squirmed and laughed, before putting his hands over her bulging stomach. He rapidly moved his fingers and Buffy giggled more from his face than the tickles.

"Ba."

He patted her tummy and turned questioning blue eyes on her.

"That's right." She said, nodding. "That's where the baby is."

Will laid his head against her tummy giving it another pat as he let out a yawn. Spike scooped him up and walked to the head of the bed.

"Alright lil man, give mummy sugar, it's time for bed."

Will gave her a wet kiss and giggled as Spike bounced him.

"Say night night."

"Na na."

Buffy smiled and blew him a kiss.

"Night night, precious. I love you."

Spike walked back in a few minutes later and sat down beside her on the bed, opening the drawer of the table. He pulled out a blood pressure kit and Buffy dutifully raised her arm for him to slide the cuff over. He checked it and scribbled the measurements down in a notebook.

He gave her a sweet kiss and smiled at her before putting the kit away.

"Still normal, love."

She let out a relieved sigh and watched him get undressed.

This was the routine.

When Buffy had found out she was pregnant again she was torn between happiness and fear.

Happy because they were having another baby, but scared because of her health. And the fact that she was still recovering from her last pregnancy which had only ended eight months before.

They wanted more children, but Buffy figured it would be when Will was older, possibly even in school.

She worried that it was too early, but she didn't regret it in the least. She knew things happened for a reason.

Since her blood pressure was normal so far, Buffy had been taken off her medicine.

But she had to keep a strict eye on it.

She was put on vitamins and Spike checked her blood pressure every night. They were taking every precaution they could to make sure that a repeat of last time didn't happen, especially since there was a higher risk this time.

Spike had taken over nearly everything and it was just a blessing that it was summer. Giles and Jenny helped with everything they could, leaving Buffy with nothing to do but rest and watch Will-Sawyer.

And this time there was no complaints.

Because she knew that her and the baby's life was at stake. And she wasn't about to do anything thing to endanger them.

She was on a diet, knowing that excessive weight gain was a risk. They took walks every other night to keep her in shape and most of the time were joined by Giles and Jenny.

And so far everything was going good.

She was nearly six months and her blood pressure hadn't risen at all.

Spike layed down beside her and she snuggled into him, giving him a kiss. He kissed her back before turning off the lamp, bathing them in darkness. He rubbed his hand across her belly and she smiled, the soft caresses lulling her to sleep.

"Goodnight, sweet loves."

"Goodnight, Daddy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy shivered as the cold jelly was squirted onto her stomach.

"Alright, mom and dad. Let's have a look at your baby."

Buffy smiled at Spike giving his hand a squeeze before turning to the moniter.

A rapid heartbeat echoed in the room and Buffy sighed in relief just from hearing it. The doctor pressed the wand into her belly, rolling it around to get a better look.

"Alright, there's the head and there's the spine." He pointed them out on the moniter. "And there's some toes."

Buffy giggled at the sight of the baby's tiny toes.

He rolled it around some more before freezing a certain image. He turned to face them.

"Do you want to know the sex?"

Buffy looked at Spike who gave her a wink before she turned back to the doctor and nodded her head.

He turned back to the moniter and started typing.

Spike squeezed Buffy's hand when the word was written across the image.

GIRL

Buffy turned tearful, joyous eyes to Spike who was shedding a tear of his own. He leaned down for their lips to meet, both of them laughing into the kiss.

"It's a girl, Spike!"

Spike exhaled in amazement, staring at the moniter.

"Our baby girl."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During the last three months of her pregnancy, Buffy was put on bed rest.

She still got up to do some mild excercise, but that was pretty much as far as she went. Spike still checked her BP everynight and she still took her vitamins while maintaining her diet. Everything was still looking good, but since delivery was soon they weren't taking any chances.

Spike catered to her every whim and Will-Sawyer had been moved back into their bedroom. School had started back and Spike had taken a medical leave for the entire year, to be able to take care of Buffy and the baby.

As the due date neared, preparations were made.

Buffy's doctor was on call, as well as a surgical staff specializing in high risk deliveries.

~~~

Buffy walked into the study, holding onto the doorway as she called for her husband.

"Spike."

He jerked his head up and was by her side in an instant.

"Buffy, what are you doing out of be-"

"Spike, I think it's time."

His eyes widened and he latched onto her arm.

"Are you sure? Is something wrong?"

She closed her eyes and shook her head.

"I just feel a little," She swayed on her feet and he grabbed her. "Woozy."

He sat her in a chair and ran to the coat closet grabbing her bag. He picked up the phone and called the hospital who in turn called Buffy's doctor. He called Jenny next.

"Hello?"

"Jenny, it's time."

"Alright, we'll be right there."

Spike held the phone to his ear with his shoulder and helped Buffy stand up, guiding her to the front door.

"You got Will-Sawyer?"

"Yeah, we'll be right behind you."

The phone dropped to the ground and Spike opened the door, leading Buffy to the car and helping her get in. He climbed in on the other side and took off to the hospital.

"Alright, love?"

"Yeah, I just feel a bit sick."

He looked at her as she rested her head against the seat.

"Sick how?"

"At my stomach. And cramps in my back."

"Do you think you're blood pressure is up?"

She shook her head softly.

"No, I don't think so. It didn't feel like this last time."

"Alright. Just hold tight, sweet love. We're almost there."

He whispered a quick prayer beneath his breath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they got to the hospital, Buffy's blood pressure had risen.

She had immediately undergone another emergency c-section.

But this time she was awake when her daughter was born.

She had looked at the tiny miracle and then back to Spike who was standing beside her. They had shared a teary smile and both sent thanks to above.

~~~

Buffy padded softly down the hall with Spike by her side, pulling her IV behind him.

She had been in the hospital four days now and had been walking trying to relieve some of the gas pressure after the surgery. It had felt like she was dying the first time she tried to walk, but now the pain had lessened. Especially when they reached their destination.

They stopped in front of the nursery window and looked in at their daughter.

Buffy leaned against the glass and held Spike's hand.

"Isn't she beautiful?"

"Yeah, she is, my love."

"Everybody said Will-Sawyer would be jealous, but I don't think he is."

She looked back at him and he shot her a proud smile.

"That's our boy. He loves his sis."

She nodded her head and looked back through the glass.

"What are we gonna name her? I must have looked through a hundred books without finding anything that, I don't know, just sounded right. You know what I mean?" He nodded his head when she looked back at him. "Do you have any?"

He gave her a shy smile this time, ducking his head ever so slightly.

"Yeah, I do actually."

She looked up at him surprised.

"Really?" He nodded. "Why didn't you say anything?"

He shrugged is shoulders.

"I don't know, I should have I guess."

"Well, tell me." She smiled at him remembering when Will-Sawyer was born. "Deja Vu, huh?"

He laughed and nodded his head.

"Yeah, 'cept this time it's the other way around."

"Come on! Tell me, baby."

"I don't know, it's just something that's been bouncing around my brain."

She cupped his cheek.

"Spike, tell me. I'm sure it will be perfect for her."

He looked into the nursery at their sleeping daughter.

"Analyn Joyce."

She sucked in a breath at the beautiful name.

"Spike, it's perfect."

He turned hopeful eyes on her.

"Really?"

"Yes! It's beautiful. It's what I've been looking for. It just-- fits."

He repeated the name back to himself, while looking at her.

"It does, doesn't it?"

Buffy nodded her head, pulling his down for a sweet kiss.

"It does. How did you come up with it?"

"I was just thinking one day and it popped in my head. Mum's name was Anne, your middle name is Anne and your mum's name was Joyce Lynn. Analyn."

He put his arm around her as they gazed at the baby.

"Analyn Joyce Giles. It's beautiful, just like her."

They both laughed a little and spoke at the exact same time.

"Deja Vu."