Spike stood in the doorway and looked out at the scene in front of him.

Will-Sawyer was pushing his dump truck around the yard, while Buffy and Analyn sat on a blanket watching him. Will pushed the truck all the way to the small picket fence before turning around and making his way back. He watched as Buffy caught Analyn when she fell over after trying to walk toward her brother.

"Will-Sawyer."

His little curly head popped up at the sound of his name and he paused mid push.

"Wha', mum?"

Spike smiled to himself. Will had managed to pick up a slight accent from him and Giles.

"Come get your sister and walk her around the yard."

He made his way over to Analyn, pride shining with every step. He was happy to help his sister learn to walk and took all the credit for it. He held out his hand for her to grab onto and she tried to pull herself up, only to topple sideways.

He smiled as Will-Sawyer tried to catch her and watched as Buffy finally helped them both.

"Tome on, Anwyn."

He walked her around the yard, stopping when she found something that caught her attention and trying to answer when she pointed something out.

"Woses."

Spike watched as Analyn nodded her head, believing every word that came out of her big brother's mouth.

Even when the "woses" she was pointing to were tulips. They continued on their way and Spike looked over at Buffy.

Each day his love for her grew.

Sometimes he didn't think it was possible. How could he love her anymore than he already did?

And then she gave him two beautiful children, who he loved more than anything in the world.

What did he do to deserve this?

Nothing.

And there was nothing he could ever do to deserve them either.

He thanked God everyday for such a wonderful blessing. And he thought that maybe he should thank his mother as well.

Maybe she was smiling down on his family and maybe Joyce was with her, watching over them.

He decided to thank anyone who would listen.

Buffy looked over toward the doorway and spotted him, shielding the sun from her eyes. She gave him a dazzling smile and motioned for him to join her.

He walked down the steps and settled beside her on the blanket. He stared at her face, she was more beautiful now than the day he met her.

He let out a satisfied sigh and leaned over to give her a kiss before turning his eyes toward the children.

She ran her fingers through his brown curls and patted his head softly.

"What's going on in that head of yours?"

He turned to look at her, the love in his eyes more blinding than the sun.

"Do you know how much I love you?"

She smiled and nodded, cupping his cheek.

"I know."




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope everyone enjoyed reading the story as much as I did writing it. Thank you for all your support and reviews.

Hannah

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are the lyrics to the song the story was inspired by. Try to hear it if you can.


"She Thinks She Needs Me" Andy Griggs

She thinks I walk on water;
She thinks I hung the moon.
She tells me every mornin',
"They just don't make men like you."

She thinks I've got it together;
She swears I'm as tough as nails.
But I don't have the heart to tell her,
That she don't know me that well.

She don't know how much I need her;
She don't know I'd fall apart,
Without her kiss, without her touch,
Without her faithful lovin' arms.
She don't know that it's all about her;
She don't know I can't live without her.
She's my world, she's my everything,
And she thinks she needs me.

Sometimes, she cries on my shoulder,
When she's lyin' next to me.
But she don't know that when I hold her,
That she's really holdin' me, holdin' me.

She don't know how much I need her;
She don't know I'd fall apart,
Without her kiss, without her touch,
Without her faithful lovin' arms.
She don't know that it's all about her;
She don't know I can't live without her.
She's my world, she's my everything,
And she thinks she needs me.

Yeah, now the funny thing is,
She thinks she's the lucky one.

She don't know how much I need her;
She don't know I'd fall apart,
Without her kiss, without her touch,
Without her faithful lovin' arms.
She don't know that it's all about her;
She don't know I can't live without her.
She's my world, she's my everything,
And she thinks she needs me.

She thinks I walk on water;
She thinks I hung the moon