The lights died, the music faded away, and all that was left was each other.

Their lungs were burning from lack of air, and it only made the kiss sweeter.

When Buffy started getting dizzy, she never thought to pull away for breath, because she had felt that way since the moment their lips touched.

Spike's legs began to tingle, and fell asleep while he was standing there, his body threatening to crumble to the floor from lack of oxygen, but he didn't care. Because if he died right then, he would die happy.

They probably would have drowned in each other, if someone hadn't have bumped into Spike while dancing to the fast beat of a song.

It jarred them into reality, and their lips ripped away to drag in air.

Buffy was shocked at the emotions she had felt, and brought a hand to her tingling lips, drinking in precious air. She looked at Spike while he stared at the floor, his shoulders jumping up and down as he tried to catch his breath, and her heart skipped a beat.

Spike's eyes trailed up her body to look into hers, mere moments before she dragged his lips back to hers for a soul stealing kiss.

This was nothing like the first, because it was everything a first kiss should be. Curious, inviting, and sweet. And even though it seemed like it had lasted for ever, their mouths had never opened. It was magic and it was heavenly.

And if that kiss was heavenly, then this one was sent from the devil himself.

Tongues battling and tasting, hands roaming, soft moans spilling out and spurring them on even further.

The passion was all encompassing, and Buffy could feel it all around her, sheilding her from the outside world. Spike was all there was, and she was perfectly content with it.

He pulled away and began trailing kisses across her cheek to her ear, which he licked and nibbled until she squirmed and moaned, digging her hands into his hair.

"Buffy." He breathed in her ear.

"Yes." She ran her hands through his slicked back locks leaving curls in her wake.

"How-how is this possible?" He pulled away to look at her, his eyes stormy and shining.

Her forehead wrinkled with a slight frown, "How is what possible, Spike?"

He let go of her and ran his own fingers through his hair, "How can I feel like this, I hardly- I don't even know who you are!"

She started to dispute him, but she realized that she couldn't.

He was right. He didn't know her, and she didn't know him.

How WAS this possible?

Buffy was a firm believer that love at first sight didn't exist. Sure there was lust at first sight, she knew this from experience, especially when she laid eyes on Spike Giles.

But to love someone- true love- you had to know them. You had to know their personality, their quirks, their ups and downs, and you had to respect them.

Because that's what love is right?

But if that was true, why did she feel like this?

Her heart was beating so hard it was hurting, and her lips were aching for the softness of his.

Why did she forget everything but him when he was around? Why did the painful memories of her mother, lose some of their edge when she was with him?

Granted, she hadn't spent much time with him, but in the time she had, the once gaping wound in her heart had dissolved into a dull throb.

It was crazy, she didn't even know him.

But she felt like she did.

She felt like she had waged war and battles with him, and came through victorious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Buffy sighed and looked at the floor, wrapping her arms around herself. "You're right. "

Spike looked a little disappointed at her words, like he had wanted her to deny him.

But another part of him, was telling him to run as far as possible from Buffy Summers.

She was risky, she could hurt him.

And he knew about pain, he lived and breathed it.

And while a part of him was reaching to Buffy like a lifeline, another part was recoiling.

Because the wall around his heart was sturdy.

It had to be.

Because his heart was in a million pieces.

But somehow, this tiny thing in front of him, had scaled the wall. She was straddling it, because he could still stop her if he wanted.

He didn't even know her, he could stop her from getting over it.

He could walk away from her right now, and treat her like the rest of them, just to keep himself from getting hurt again.

But when her tiny hand reached for his and she looked up at him with big green eyes, he was lost.

"One day at a time?"

He entwined their fingers, and felt the wall around his heart shake as it skipped a beat.

"One day at a time."