Author's Chapter Notes:
My internet is fully functioning again! I can actually read stories now! I have A LOT of reading to catch up on. Unfortunately, I'm going to be kind of busy until Tuesday, so I probably won't be able to get too much reading done until then. That also means that it's unlikely I'll be able to update every day, but I'll update when I can! Thanks for reading!
Chapter Nineteen:

A week passed much too quickly. Spike had tried to spend every free moment he could with Buffy, knowing that he would soon be without her for two long weeks. The pair spent the days exploring the city. Spike found that there were many attractions still unknown to Buffy, and he took great joy in revealing them to her. He spent most evenings hanging out at the pub, occasionally in the company of Oz. Spike had gotten to know Anya much better as she always seemed to be hanging out at the bar, gossiping with Buffy and Faith and flirting with that Xander bloke. Spike wasn't sure what to make of Xander. They were polite to one another, but Spike was certain the guy had something against him. He did, however, prefer Xander's company to Harmony. He had developed a fear of sitting at the bar because of Harmony's tendency to knock over drinks on him. He figured it had to be intentional, because it happened so frequently, and Harmony would always shove her boobs in his face as she cleaned up the mess. Not to mention how he had to practically run screaming to the men's room to keep her from cleaning him up.

Almost every waking moment at the flat was spent making love. Buffy had joked to Spike that if he tried to teach her everything he knows in a week, he'd kill her. Though Buffy had refused to give up her apartment, she hadn't asked to spend a night there yet. Spike noticed that little by little more of her belongings were finding their way into his home. He was quite pleased with that development.

Now, it was Thursday afternoon, and Spike was at the café around the corner from his flat having lunch with Oz. His flight was at 7pm, and he would have preferred spending the time left with Buffy, but she had insisted on keeping her lunch date with Anya. She had been worried that she was neglecting her friends by spending so much time with him.

"She's really great, isn't she?"

Oz smirked, "Who's that again?"

"Buffy, of course, who'd you think—" He caught Oz's expression. "Oi! You're making fun of me, mate."

"Well, you have been talking about her non-stop for the past 45 minutes." Oz smiled, "I'm glad you're happy, man. You deserve it."

"You really like her then? I've noticed you haven't been popping up around the flat since she's been staying there."

"Well, remember a couple of years ago when you and Dru had one of your brief reconciliations…and I showed up at your flat unexpected to ask if you wanted to see my band play a surprise show at my cousin's bar…."

Spike cringed, "Yeah, mate, I remember."

"Yeah, well, I don't want a repeat of that. I don't think I could look you or Dru in the eye for a month….or eat bananas."

Spike scratched the back of his neck, "Yeah, sorry about that, mate. But in our defense, that was the first time we'd tried anything like that. At least you didn't walk in when we were—"

"Man, just stop right there before you ruin some other fruit for me."

Spike held up his hands in surrender, "Believe me, I'm happy to forget about it too," he paused, "so about Buffy, what do you think of her?"

"Well," Oz began, "I've mostly just seen her at the pub, so I haven't been able to spend much quality time with the girl. She seems pretty cool. She stands up to you, and she has you smoking less. Those are two positive things in my book. Maybe you should bring her to one of my shows."

"Yeah, I think she'd like that. After I get back, I'll ask her if she can take off work one night when you're playing."

"Cool."

"Well, mate, I'm afraid I'm going to have to run. Still have to pack a few things, and I'm sure Buffy is back at the flat by now." He stood up to leave.

Oz nodded. "Catch you in a couple of weeks, man."

~BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS~


Spike was surprised to find the flat empty when he returned, but he figured Buffy would be in soon. He packed a few last minute items and was lounging on the couch flipping through the channels on the television when the front door opened and Buffy walked in. He tossed the remote on the couch and stood up to greet her. "Hey, luv, how was your lunch?"

She looked up at him with a blank expression that seemed to fade after a moment, "Oh...it was fine."

"Everything all right?" He walked over to her and pulled her into a gentle hug.

"Yeah...fine...a little tired," she mumbled into his chest.

He kissed the top of her head. "I don't have to be at the airport for a few hours. Why don't we go lie down for a bit?"

She leaned back, "I'm sure you don't want to spend your last few hours here napping."

"Just want to be with you, Sweetheart. Come on." He led her back to the bedroom. He took off all his clothing and began removing hers. "Wanna feel you, luv," he explained. After they were both naked, he pulled back the covers, and they slipped into bed.

They had only been lying there for a few minutes—Spike's arm around her back, Buffy on her side with her cheek against his shoulder—when Spike felt Buffy's body begin to shake and moisture wet his skin. He moved them, so he was lying on his side facing her. She pressed her face to the mattress, and it was clear that she was sobbing. Worried, Spike rubbed a hand down her arm, "Luv? What's wrong, pet? Are you sad that I'm leaving? I'll be back before you know it." She began sobbing even louder, her body shaking violently. "I don't have to go, Sweetheart. I can just—"

"Noooo!" Buffy raised her tear-stained face in alarm, "You have to go! You've been so excited about this. Your dad is so excited about you coming for his ceremony. I'll be fine. Promise me you'll go. Promise me."

"All right, Sweetheart, all right." He placed a hand on her cheek and wiped at her tears with his thumb. "Just worried about you, is all. Hate to leave you."

"I know. I'll miss you, but I'll be fine. I just—," she looked down for a moment before looking up into his eyes, "make love to me, Spike...please. I just...that's what I need right now."

He studied her face for a moment before moving on top of her, allowing his body to be cradled between her thighs. The erection that had developed when he climbed into bed with her had softened somewhat during her crying fit, but now feeling himself pressed against her heated mound, it grew once more. He began placing soft kisses on her neck and chest, only to be stopped by her gently pulling his face back up to hers. "No foreplay. I just...I just need to feel you inside me." He smiled and reached a hand between them to find her body already wet and wanting. He guided the head of his penis inside of her before slowly pushing his hips forward to fill her completely. As their hips met, she let out a little sigh. Sensing that a hard, fast coupling was not what she was in the mood for, he kept his thrusts slow and gentle, alternating between shallow and deep. He leaned his head down to kiss her, sliding his tongue inside to taste her mouth. After a moment, he removed his lips from hers and pressed his face into her neck. He began pumping slightly faster as he felt her walls begin to flutter around him. With a small moan, she climaxed. Spike continued moving over her, intent on bringing her to another orgasm before he succumbed to his own. That plan was put to a stop when he heard her softly murmuring, "come, Spike, come," and felt his body heed her command. Afterwards, he set the alarm and pulled her against him. A couple of hours later found them in the living room waiting for Spike's cab to arrive.

"Are you sure you don't want me to go to the airport with you?" Buffy asked as she observed the cab pulling up to the building.

Spike grabbed his bags and kissed her on the forehead. "There's really no sense in you cabbing it all around the city just to see me off at the security check when you can see me off here just as well."

"I suppose you're right...guess you should head out before your cab takes off." She swallowed hard.

Spike set his bags down and took her into his arms. "Are you sure you're going to be all right, pet. You've seemed really off today. Is there anything else bothering you?"

Buffy wrapped her arms around his body and squeezed. "No, no, just gonna miss you. I'll be fine, Spike. Go catch your cab."

"Okay," Spike sighed, "I'm going to miss you so bloody much." He gave her a gentle kiss on the lips. "See you in two weeks, pet. I left my dad's number and a calling card on the kitchen counter, call me there anytime you want." He picked up his bags and opened the door. Buffy gave him one last goodbye, and he was gone.

~BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS~


It was late Saturday night and Spike was pacing in the guest room at his father's house. The ceremony and reception had both been quite impressive, and he had been able to make a few contacts while he was there. Unfortunately, he really couldn't enjoy it, because his mind was too preoccupied with Buffy. He had not been able to reach her once since he had been in London. He'd lost count of how many times he'd tried to call her. At first, he respected the time difference, but after the tenth time that he had tried to reach her, he began calling at all hours. He was sent to her voice mail every time. He had already tried a few times since he'd returned to the house from the reception, but he found himself picking up the phone once again.

"Hi, you've reached Buffy's phone. Leave a message after the tone, and maybe I'll get back to you!" *Beep*

"Hey, Sweetheart, still trying to reach you. Wish you'd call me. Think I might call the pub. I hate to bother you at work on a Saturday evening, but I really need to hear your voice. Okay, guess that's all. Hopefully, talk to you soon." Spike hung the phone up, not knowing what to say that he hadn't already said in ten other messages.

He picked up the phone and dialed the pub's number. Really hate calling her at work. Should have gotten Anya's number before I left. She'd know what Buffy's been up to.

"McDonald's Pub, Xander speaking."

"Hey, Xander, it's Spike. Is Buffy there?"

"What are you talking about? Of course, Buffy's not here. Look, Spike, we're really busy. I have to go."

"Wait! Is Anya there? Let me talk to her if she's there." Spike heard some movement and muffled talking.

"How's England?" Anya asked in a strange tone.

"Fine, fine. Listen, Anya, I'm trying to track down Buffy. I haven't been able to reach her—"

"Yeah, well, she kinda has a lot going on right now. I imagine she has her phone turned off. Ya know, I really can't believe you would just up and leave the country when she needs you most."

"What are you talking about, Anya?"

"Oh, like you don't know. Even if she told you that she could handle it on her own, you should've stuck with her. Faith and I are flying out there on Monday."

"Flying out where?! I don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about, you crazy bint! Where's Buffy?!" Spike clenched his fist in frustration. There was a long pause.

"Holy crap...you really don't know. She said she told you...Spike, Buffy got a call when we were at lunch on Thursday."

"A call? Just cut to the chase, Anya. Where is she?"

"Well, she took the red-eye to LA Thursday night. She's in Sunnydale."

Spike shook his head in confusion, "What?! Why on earth is she in Sunnydale? Why didn't she tell me she was going?"

"Spike...Buffy's mom died."


Chapter End Notes:
Hope you liked it! Let me know what you think. Thanks!