Chapter Three:

“Spike, man, get up.”

Spike felt someone shaking him awake. He cracked open an eye to see his pal Daniel Osbourne leaning down over him.

“Oz, why are you in my flat at,” he glanced at the clock, “noon?”

“Remember, you have finals today. We were going to grab lunch on campus first. Any of this ringing a bell? Damn, dude, you smell like a brewery. How much did you drink last night?”

It was at that moment that Spike realized he had crashed without even bothering to take his clothes off. That was very much unlike him, given his preference of sleeping in the nude. The evening must have drained him more than he thought. God knows Drusilla has that effect on him. Then, there was that little bitch that almost attacked him at the bar and her overgrown lackey.

“I barely drank anything at all. Some stupid bint knocked into me at the bar and gave me a beer bath before I left the club last night. I ended up with more beer on me than in me.”

“So, I guess that means the meeting with Dru didn’t go as planned?”

“Well, there’s never really a plan with Dru. I just wish she would stop bringing her current brainless fucktoy with her to these little meetings she calls. Really not the way to show me she’s ready to get back together.”

“Why do you keep going, man? You can’t seriously be considering taking her back at this point.”

“I guess I keep hoping she’ll have something new to say.” Spike rolled his eyes, “Anyway, I don’t have time for the Spike is an idiot for humoring his psycho ex-girlfriend conversation. We’re going to have to skip lunch today. I barely have time to hop in the shower and get to class on time as is.”

“All right, man. Beer tonight?”

“Sounds good. See you then.”

Spike sighed as he listened to Oz exit his flat. This is going to be a long day.

~BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS~


“Ooooooh,” Buffy groaned as she slowly opened her eyes. Why did I drink so much last night, and how do I get the marching band out of my head?

“Are you feeling okay?”

Huh. I must be more messed up than I thought. Could’ve sworn that I just heard a man’s voice.

“Buffy? Are you awake?”

So strange. There it is again. It sounds like it’s coming from behind me. Come to think of it, my back is really warm.

Buffy slowly rolled to her back and turned her head towards the source of the heat. Oh… fuck. Buffy tried not to panic. She closed her eyes and then opened them again. Yep, still there. Better face the music.

“Ummm, hi, Angel.” Anya was so dead.

~BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS~


Pick up, pick up, pick up.

“Hello! Anya’s House of Bondage! We’ll tie you up, but we won’t tie you down!”

“Anya, I’m so going to kill you!”

“I really don’t like where this is going. Can I call you back later?”

“No, you cannot call me back! I slept with him! I had sexual intercourse with a man I barely know! Better yet, he’s still here! He’s using my shower as we speak! He’s going to smell like me! I don’t even know him, he shouldn’t smell like me!”

“Buff, calm down. Who did you sleep with?”

“Who? WHO? Who do you think!? Angel!”

“Well, Buffy, I hate to state the obvious, but wasn’t that the idea?”

“Maybe that was your idea, but I don’t sleep with guys I just met!”

“Well, maybe you should try it out more often. Did you use protection?”

“Well, if the used condom hanging from the side of my desk is any indication, then yes, yes we used goddamn protection! You do realize, Anya, that doesn’t change the fact that his dick was inside me!”

“Oh, Buffy, don’t sweat it. It’s not like you were a virgin or anything.”

“Whatever. This isn’t over, but I just heard the shower go off, so I’m going to hang up and get ready to do some damage control.” Buffy clicked her phone shut, not waiting to see if Anya had anything else to add. A moment later, Angel walked into the room.

~BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS~


Spike was running late. He rushed across campus, almost taking out any co-ed unlucky enough to get in his way. Of course, I would be running late on the day of finals. Damn you, Drusilla.

Spike slammed through the doors of the lecture hall and rushed towards the desk at the front of the room. Upon reaching it, he dug a stack of papers out of his bag. Turning towards the class, he raised the papers in the air. “This is your final. You have an hour and twenty minutes to complete it. No more.” Handing the stack to the nearest student, “Please take one and pass it on. Do not begin until I tell you to.”

Spike smiled as he listened to the mumbled chorus of, “yes, Professor James.”

~BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS~


Buffy was lying in her bed staring at the ceiling, thankful to be alone. She had kicked Angel out as nicely as possible, but not before agreeing for him to come visit her at work that night. At least, it was Friday, so the bar should be extremely busy. Buffy was hoping that would leave her with little time for small talk. Buffy actually found herself wishing that Angel was the type of guy that would back off once he slept with a girl. However, it did not look like that was the case. If anything, he seemed even more interested. Maybe the sex was really great. Too bad she could barely remember it. I guess that means it wasn’t exactly mind-blowing. Maybe something was wrong with her. Angel was a nice, fairly attractive, apparently virile man. Perhaps, she should give him a chance. She’d already slept with him, so it really wouldn’t be much of a stretch to agree to a date with him. Maybe it was time to get back on the horse. I might not feel sparks now, but that doesn’t mean that they won’t come later. Right?