Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter and the next chapter were kind of troublesome for me. I'm hiping to get the next in a week's time.
Fangs You Very Much

Tara walked back from the ladies shared bedroom in the apartment. Willow cut the feed to the camera, and closed her lap top. She had relocated back in her apartment after Xander came into Giles's apartment earlier.

"I think it went perfectly."

"Yea, I didn't see anyone following me, or Joel when we came back." Tara added.

Willow sat by her on the couch. "Now all we have to do is wait out the next 4 days While the Council chases down that wild goose." She sighed.

~~`~~

Dawn sat downstairs. "I really don't want to just sit around until Saturday." She said to Michelle.

"Well, maybe you could help setup the Rugby room for the movie. It usually takes a few days." Michelle shifted in her seat on the couch. "I was thinking of volunteering for that myself."

"Sounds like a good idea." Richard said smiling at her.

Michelle felt very nervous suddenly. "So, Dawn.” The young demonologist in training focused on the slayer’s sister. “What do you think?"

"Sure. “She smiled, seeing Michelle blush, then the way Richard was looking at her.

"Maybe Richard would like to help?"

The blonde's head shot up obviously being interrupted from his own thoughts. "No thanks. Classes."

Dawn nodded. She'd forgotten that the future Watchers had the tightest schedule of all the children.

~~`~~

Giles sat at his table with is texts. A bored-silly former demon pacing behind him.

"Comon' Rupert. there has to be something we can do." Anya complained. "I could tell you about Martol demons, or maybe Se'tor demons?" She asked with a bright grin filled with hope.

Giles had to smile at the woman. Impatient and willing to help, but unfortunately there was little for her to do for him now. "I do appreciate it Anya, but I doubt what I am doing now would be of interest."

She frowned and pouted to her husband.

Ever the kind hearted man, Xander decided to try and distract his wife. "An, come on, maybe we can find Dawn and see what she's up to?"

With a sigh, Anya reluctantly followed her husband down to the commons, and to the group of teens.

~~`~~

Buffy couldn't pull her hands from her face. She felt the ridges that covered her forehead, and the bridge of he nose. She traced the foreign yet familiar lines of the shifted bone. Her hands were damp from her tears, but that went unnoticed.

She couldn't grasp the idea. It was a nightmare. A very familiar nightmare.

Memories of Giles, Willow Xander and a small boy all filled her mind. She had been, and felt like a Vampire before. The nightmare had once again, become her reality here, where she was supposed to earn a gift.

She lifted her head from the shielded safety of her palms. "This?! This is what I get for fighting against evil? I become one of the things I fought against?"

Rashta observed Buffy’s hysterics. The young woman was afraid, and that was expected. She walked up to the blonde and stroked her hair. "Do not be frightened child. It is not permanent. You will soon complete the transformation. This is for the final change."

Buffy pulled away. Her tears had slowed, but she was still so confused. "I don't understand. Why is this happening?"

The why was easy for the sister to understand. She could explain that much to the young girl, but how to make it clear to a human? She hoped that the knowledge the Slayer had of a Vampire's demon would prove helpful. "You understand what the demon of a Vampire does when it takes a host, correct?"

Buffy wiped the tears away from her eyes and cheeks. "Yeah. The demon pushes the soul aside and takes over the body."

Rashta smiled gently. "Basic, but correct. For most, the demon has the memories, knowledge, even talents of the host. The soul is pushed back, but sees and knows everything being done." Rashta started walking through the cavern again, and Buffy followed. "T'mure was drawn to the educated, the artistic, and the quiet. He loved the irony of his chaotic nature."

Buffy cut in. "Like The Pure went to The Slayer when she was turned?"

Rashta nodded. "It is the same. The demon searched for the qualities, and soon a change in him began. He not only took the memories, and knowledge. He gained the emotional states, the humanity, and began carrying them with him from each host. This demon kept a piece of each host and as time passed, he took notice of his own difference. More in the body of William than ever before. That is why we sent him to you. We knew that it was you and he who would bring the prophecy to pass. It was you who carried the spirit of The Pure. He only needed to be shown his path."

"That's why you brought him here last time?"

"Yes, he needed to be aware of what was happening... his love for you was not only allowed, but needed."

Buffy listened, and thought of how each piece fit. "What happens to The Pure after the changes are done?"

"She remains in you, much as she has your entire existence, but once you have completed the final task, she will not come forth. She will be like the soul pushed aside."

Buffy's face twisted. "But then, what happens to The Slayers. Am I the last one? Faith?"

Rashta looked at her in confusion. "The Slayer will go on. Faith is the continuation of the line. Why do you think we allowed your death 6 years ago?"

"But you just said that The Pure would stay here… in me...?"

Finally understanding The Slayer's confusion Rashta answered. "You believe that if The Pure does not pass on, neither will The Power of The Slayer?"

Buffy nodded.

"It is not that way. The Pure gave those strengths freely. There is no limit to them. You keep yours because they were activated, as does Faith. You both possess them now, not because of The Pure, but because you were born, made, to be Slayers. The Pure became separate when it became clear you were the vessel she had emerge in."

"How?"

"How what my dear."

"How did you know she was in me?"

The demon sighed. "That day, the day of the nightmares, your Watcher said something. "She was so gifted." Rashta said. “When he saw your gravesite. He saw it in you, even though he had no idea what he saw. The natural ability, it was a thing that all Slayers have, but in you it was intensified and honed by the demon sleeping in you."

Somewhere in her mind, Buffy was beginning to understand. This dark part of her, the part she was suddenly aware of, had always been there. Had always been a part of her.

Spike had learned from his hosts, and she had learned from the Vampire that had given everything for a chance to be with T'mure again. Through her, The Pure had gotten her wish.

Buffy thought about Spike, the demon and the soul. What was going to happen to the spirit of the man who once inhabited and controlled the body? "What happens to William?"

Rashta thought, then began explaining the fate of the soul.

~~`~~

"Your sister is goin‘ to have one upset woman on her hands?" Spike said with clear honesty. "And the bumpies?" He pointed at his own forehead although he was in his human face. “Can’t see her being too pleased about the sudden makeover.”

The sister nodded. "The pure is allowed to come forth here, in this place, until she has become one with the Slayer."

Spike shook his head and looked at the ground. "She dies… twice for ya', and you think that the best gift you can give her is a bleedin demon?" He took another long toke of his cigarette, trying to avoid the fight from his lungs simply for the comfort he gained from the cancer sticks. "Bloody idiots, you are. Couple a chits on their way to findin' themselves at the wrong end of a stake."

He paced back and forth in front of the silent demon. "She's probably scared out of 'er wits." He turned his head around so he could see the twin while he walked back and forth. "I thought you were supposed to be all in on 'giving the love'." Then he stopped in his tracks. "You didn't have to make her a demon. If I wanted that I'd go hop myself back to Harm." His pacing picked up again. "Stupid bints, how is it even possible?"

Finally after Spike stopped talking long enough for her to interrupt, Akor spoke. "Calm yourself. It is only temporary, and is necessary."

Spike stopped walking. "Necessary?"

"Yes, for the final changes to take place, there must be a sign from both of you. It must be done to complete the prophecy."

His eyes widened when something occurred to him. "You're going to make her feed? You're going to make her kill something…” A growl erupted from his chest that traveled up and out of his open mouth with a furry. “Or someone?" His voice burst, yelling even as he stood still.

He was too astonished at his own thought, but it was the only thing that made sense at the moment, and he knew damn well Buffy wouldn't go for it. Even if they included a side order of bloodlust to go with the fangs. It would kill her.

"She'll never do it. We know what happened to the other Slayer. She didn't let the demon take over completely. She only killed Vamps."

Akor listened to the man's words. "We will not cause her to kill. What she does will be of her own volition."

Spike just shook his head at the woman again. "She won't do it." Then he remembered his own fangs and bumpies. "What's the test in letting me keep these."

"It is also temporary."

Now thoroughly lost, Spike just stared at her. He tried to think of some mystical test he could remember that a Vampire had tried to pass with a lover. Something that involved a double kill, or feeding. His mind kept coming back to one thing, and he knew it couldn't be right. Could it?

He had never pressed the subject. He remembered Buffy giving the blood easily to the wanker of a Watcher, and how it had pulled at his gut to hear her mock what he would use it for. "A nightcap." It was hardly what he would call it. Now THAT, sharing her blood with him freely wouldn’t just be a gift. It’d be a miracle.

Spike found himself staring at the wall, trying to grasp the situation. He looked back at the demon only to see her nod.

The peroxide blonde filled with fear, shock and excitement.


Chapter End Notes:
Thanks again to everyone who's been keeping me going. I hope you all are enjoying the story so far.