Chapter 6:

Looking at things from someone else’s perspective was sometimes considered enlightening…groundbreaking even. The most lost soul was given a path to follow that would lead them home. Questions that had no answers were gifted with detailed explanations. However, it wasn’t always something that everyone needed to see so suddenly. For the tired beaten Slayer that just feed a dose of reality, all it gave her was a headache.

“You alright love?”

Spike’s voice hovered over Buffy’s head from the couch she was laying down on. Her right hand was pinching the bridge of her nose, hoping that the sudden pounding in her head would stop.

“No”

“Drink this.”

Buffy didn’t care what Spike shoved in her hand, she downed in one big gulp. A few seconds later she sat up coughing.

“What was that?” she asked while still choking.

“Bourbon.”

“What happen to go old fashion water?” she said after finally get her throat cleared.

“Seemed like you needed something stronger” he shrugged.

“Next time warn a girl will ya?” she muttered as she lay back down and let out a sigh.

“Want more pain killers?”

Buffy rolled her eyes over to watch Spike sit on the coffee table beside her.

“What is it with you and popping me pills?”

“Doctors orders…”

“When were you to follow orders?”

“When it comes to the help of the ones I care about…I follow them quit well.”

“Mmmm…” Buffy mumbled, accepting his answer and looked up at the ceiling.

“You want to call it quits for the day? I’ll leave you be…let you get some rest.”

Buffy shook her head, “Why bother sleeping…problem will still be there when I wake. You say I’m such an avoider…I should stop procrastinating and just get it over with.”

“Sorry to say this love but don’t think this problem will be solved in a day.”

Buffy agreed, it would take more time and energy than she was willing to give anytime soon.

“Got to start somewhere.”

*~*~*~*~*~

They both didn’t really know where to start. Four years was too large of gap to just start at near the end, so Buffy decided to avoid the shortcuts and start where they left off.

“After the Hellmouth was gone…after you were gone…everything moved so fast…vacation seemed like out of the question…” Buffy muttered as she gazed off into the openness of the room. “Willow was getting word of Slayers all over the world daily through the Coven and other sources…we really didn’t know what to do with that information at first…I thought we were just going to let the girls be…maybe send them a little pamphlet about Slaying 101…the dos and don’ts of being a supergirl…”

“Think they needed a little bit more info than that Pet.”

Buffy smiled, “I know…but at the time I was tired…I was not thinking of what they needed I was thinking about what I needed…I wanted to go to the beach…I wanted to shop…get shoes…lots and lots of shoes.”

“I’m guessing someone dropped the shoe too early and told you to get to work?”

“Giles suggested seeking out the girls and starting some sort of basic training course…which is still going on as of now…that I know of.”

Up until now Buffy forgot that she hadn’t contacted her friends or Giles since the incident in the alley. For all they knew she’s dead and they all around searching around New York looking for her.

“A little school for Slayers…” Spike chuckled and shook his head, “How did I not hear about this in the underground.”

“We’re cloaked…” Buffy whispered, “If we go there…you’ll see nothing…just a vacant lot. Willow and other witches hide it with magic. It’s a whole new level of Hogwarts…”

“Hog what?”

“Sorry…forgot your lack of knowledge about anything after 1985.”

“Oh and like you’re any better…bet you don’t know what a record player is…” Spike muttered as he got up and left her side to go into the kitchen.

“Those are those big Frisbee spinning things right?” she asked as she watched his backside.

“Something like that…keep talking…I’m listening…”

“Well…anyway…we started the school and started training the girls…however our student to teacher ratio was bit insane…”

“What, Harris didn’t like giving order to 50 girls at once?”

“Okay…he was okay with it…enjoying the authority figure very much…too much maybe. Me however…I suck at teaching.”

“I know about that love…you were good with the girls back in Sunnydale…”

‘Because I had help…I had you…’ she thought to herself.

Spike walked back from the kitchen with Buffy’s glass of water that she needed earlier and 2 pain pills. He pressed the capsules onto her stomach and muttered, “Take them and no argument…”

“Yes, Dr. Spike.” She said in a voice that sounded a little bit like Harmony.

“It’s nurse Spike at the moment…if we were playing doctor you know you’d be a little bit more lacking in clothes than this.”

“Knew this selfless worried Spike act was just for show…” Buffy joked as she gulped the water and took the pills.

Spike shrugged, “Soul or no soul…same old vampire…”

Buffy remembered that was similar to what Melanie said earlier to her.

“Ya guess so…”

“That bad thing? Ya disappointed?”

“No… not disappointed. It’s a good thing...” Buffy turned to meet his eyes, “It’s a comforting thing.”

TBC…