Author's Chapter Notes:
Wow! Thank you to everyone who is reviewing! It makes me super happy!
Buffy sat in the dimly lit gallery planning out what art she was going to put out for the art showing. Waiting for Willow to come in to help her with hanging and moving the furniture and hanging the new art. Hearing the front doors opened Buffy turned to greet who ever came in. frowning she didn’t like what she saw.

“Buffy, how nice it is to see you!” Riley had a big grin on his face.

“Riley.” Buffy gave a tight lip smile.

“How have you been? I’ve been great got some land right on the outskirts of New York, beautiful place you should stop by some time.” Riley leaned on the desk staring at Buffy’s chest and not her face. What was she going to do when her chest did get bigger along with her baby belly? Buffy stood up and walked around the oval desk to stand next to Riley.

“I’ve been good some minor changes, but good still.”

“You look good! Little bit heavier around your stomach but good. Looks like you’re getting a little gut there Buff!” Riley grinned as if it softened the blow. Buffy’s face dropped This BASTARD! letting her face fall Buffy put her hands on her hips preparing to yell, she was angry.

“I’m PREGNANT you, you big douche face!” Not being able to come up with something more intelligent.

“Oh sorry Buff, didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.” Riley shrugged his shoulders offering another stupid frat boy smile. “Maybe I should come back later.” Riley turned on his heel walking quickly towards the front doors.

“And for your information it’s a food baby!” Buffy yelled to his retreating back. Seeing Willow walk in the door Riley just opened Buffy sat down heavily in her chair.

“What was that all about?”

“Riley said I was fat. It’s a food baby, I’m not showing yet! I refuse to buy maternity clothes until my belly is poking out of the bottom of my shirt and the buttons on my pants are popping off!”

“Ok whatever you say Buffy, we are going to go shopping soon I don’t care if it’s a food baby. I saw so many cute maternity clothes in this little store today on the way here!”

Buffy frowned was she already showing? Three months and showing. How big was she going to get?

“I’m gonna get stretch marks!” Buffy wailed out of the blue.




Spike lifted his head slowly from the pillow. Seeing the room spinning he put his head back down.

“Am I dead?” He asked to no one in particular.

“No”

“Bloody hell! Oz! What the hell are you doing in here man?” Spike pulled the sheets up a little trying to hide some more of his naked form.

“I’m going to New York for a couple of days, take some time off. Wanna go?”

“What are you going to New York for?” Spike sat up against the head board.

“To go see Willow, get to know her better.”

“Why don’t you just call her mate?”

“Just feel like going to New York, maybe you should to. Talk to her best friend.” Spike got a confused look on his face.

“What are you talking about mate? Why would I want to talk to her best friend?”

“Well I’m assuming that you slept with her?” Spike was still looking confused.

“They were the radio contest winners, you and Angel played drinking games with her, then you took her home.” Oz elaborated.

“Bloody hell.”




“Let’s get some music going!” Willow said from the top of the ladder. Buffy smiled at her friend who was balancing a painting while trying not to look down at the ground. Buffy flipped on the radio stopping when she heard a smooth song come on.

You're ruling the way that I move
And I breathe your air
You only can rescue me
This is my prayer
If you were mine
If you were mine
I wouldn't want to go to heaven


Swaying gently to the music Buffy smiled, she always loved this song. For some reason it always calmed her and made the worry and stress disappear.

“You know maybe you should play the baby some music. I hear it calms them when in the womb.”

“Wills my baby probably doesn’t even have ears yet!”

“Just saying, so I was thinking since you are all preggo maybe I should move in and help out since Dawnie is in college. I just don’t want you to be alone.” Willow grinned when Buffy’s features softened.

“That would be great! Wills! I’m so excited now! Let’s move you in this weekend! Why do you want to move in now?”

“My lease is up.” Both of the women giggled then got back to work.”




“Hey Oz!” Willow blushed when she answered her cell phone.

“Hey, me and Spike are coming to New York tomorrow.”

Willow froze. Oh crap. What do I say?

“Uhh, okay why the sudden visit?”

“Just wanted to fly to New York. Is there a problem?”

“What? No, no problem at all! What makes you think that there’s a problem? ‘Cause there isn’t!” Willow babbled.

“Now I am definitely thinking there is a problem.”

“No, there isn’t one. It’s just that I am moving into to Buffy’s this weekend so I might not be so available!” Good cover, partly the truth. Oh God what am I going to tell Buffy? “Listen I gotta go, so let me call you back in a little while.” After saying their goodbyes Willow walked to the storage room where Buffy was taking inventory.

“Hey Buffy I have some kind of shocking news.”

“What is it Wills?”

“Oz and Spike are coming to town.”

"What? I think I heard you say Spike and Oz are coming into town, but my hearing could be going."

"I did say that."

"Helllooo Anyone here?" A womans voice called out.

"Just a minute, I'll be right there!" Buffy called back. "Willow what am I going to do?"

"I don't know, maybe you should just tell him."

"He probably wone't believe me! I can barley even remember the night, why would he?" Buffy left the back room walking torwards the front. "Sorry abo- DAWN!" Buffy's face lit up.

"Hey big mama!" Dawn walked the few remainig steps to her sister and gave Buffy a hug. "How is my litle niecephew doing?"

"Niecephew?"

"Yea it's new it's niece and nephew put togeher!"

"Well we are both fine! What about you? Any boyfriends, husbands anything crazy to go along with your crazy college life?"

"None of the above! So why don't you tell me about this baby daddy?"

"Well he's coming into New York some time soon. Want some coffe?" Buffy grinned.


Chapter End Notes:
The lyrics are from Sade- Cherish the day. The song isn't mine!