Author's Chapter Notes:
A/N – Ok so this kinda hit me when watching the women’s gymnastics although I was quite annoyed that I kept missing not only Australia’s gymnasts (in case you didn’t know, I’m Australian) but the Americans too. Gotta love a brain wave though.
A huge thank you to Dragonflylady (aka Lauriel) for Beta-ing this for me even though I asked her not to...thank you so much hun I think its because of you that this is getting up as fast as it is.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Focus.

Breathe.

I can do this.


Buffy opened her eyes and exhaled deeply. She could feel her tight pink leotard cutting into her perfectly toned arse and resisted the urge to pluck it. She focused her attention back to the music, back to the floor. She had to stick this last series of flips to have a shot at the gold. No pressure or anything. Posing with the music that she had performed with so many times before, she began to run before letting her body do what she had trained it to do. She felt like she was flying. As her feet hit the floor for the last time, she struck her finishing pose and the music faded out. Standing, she let her hands shoot up, a huge smile spreading across her face. The crowd roared in response.

Oh yeah. I so nailed that.

She walked down to her coach who wrapped her jacket around her shoulders.

“Well done.” He said rubbing her shoulder briefly. They walked towards their designated area and her coach handed her a bottle of water. Her fellow team mates came up and offered their congratulations and well done’s but she knew, like herself, they were all waiting for her final score to come in. Trying not to think about it, Buffy opened her bottle of water and drank. At least it was a mild distraction. Tossing the now unwanted bottle to the floor near her gym bag she began to pace nervously. She wondered what was taking so long as she tugged her jacket tighter around her shoulders almost using it as a shield. Then she felt her coach’s hands on her shoulders, gently turning her towards the screen.

“Look.” It was more of a suggestion then a command. Butterflies began to gather in her stomach. This was it. She was so prepared for defeat, she had watched everyone else intently throughout the entire competition and she knew that the Chinese in particular were in great form. So great in fact that they were ranked first before her routine. She barely heard the announcer read out her results to the crowd. She couldn’t stop staring at the results board. She was currently ranked first. Then it all hit her like a smack in the face. She had just won the gold medal.

Buffy clapped her hands over her mouth, trying to contain the screams that wanted to burst forth. Her coach spun her around and wrapped her in a fierce bear hug, he too trying to control his excitement. She had done it, really done it. All those long days of training, all those times with her friends that she'd missed had all been for this one moment. Best of all she had won a gold medal for her country.

Almost in a daze she was directed to the podium that was now situated in the middle of the area where she had just stunned the crowd. She became aware that she was now dressed in the teams uniform sweats and facing the enormous crowd before her. How that happened she didn’t know but she knew her coach would have had something to do with it. She scanned the crowd and smiled as she saw her mum and sister cheering and waving their American flag.

“For the Gold medal, representing the United States of America, Elizabeth Summers.” A loud cheer from the crowd thundered around her as she stepped up on to the highest step to claim her prize. She gave a wave to the crowd before bowing her head to receive her medal. Looking past the people who were presenting her with this huge honour, she spied a man on the sidelines. His piercing blue eyes were peering over his thinly rimmed glasses at her. He had soft brown curls hanging just above them and a small soft smile graced his lips. Her attention was snapped back to the people in front of her. Muttering thank you, she was handed a bunch of flowers and she stood tall again.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, please stand for the United States of America’s National Anthem.” As the familiar tune filled the air, she watched with pride as the American flag was raised above the rest. She could see her mum and sister standing, singing to the music and her sister was waving her flag proudly. Buffy then let her eyes wander back over to the mystery man. The instant she looked at him their eyes seem to lock and time seemed to stop. His eyes were steady on her but full of hunger and passion. It was like he was pulling her to him.

Now is not the time to be thinking about some handsome stranger.

The Anthem faded away and the crowd cheered again, snapping her out of daze. She felt the two other women step up on either side of her and show off their medals as photographers snapped photo after photo. They were then directed to walk past the media who were madly snapping pictures. She was sure she was going to be headlined in every major newspaper tomorrow. The smile she wore for them came easily.

By the time they were done Buffy could swear she could see stars dancing in front of her eyes. But instead of heading back to the showers like everyone else, she ran over to where her mum and sister were hanging over the railing. They were both still smiling from ear to ear and Buffy noticed her mum couldn’t look prouder.

“Hey, check out big sis and all her bling,” her sister called out.

“Dawn!” Her mother and Buffy chorused before laughing. It felt nice to laugh. It felt like it had been so long since she had done it. Dawn joined in too and the three made small talk for a few minutes. It was only when one of the staff interrupted them and told them politely that Dawn and Joyce had to leave that Buffy realised how late it really was. Promising to meet them back at their room, Buffy raced over to where her gym bag was and scooped it up before walking out to the change and shower area.

Her bare feet seem to echo though the large area and Buffy realised that she must be the last one to come and collect her stuff. She knew that her coach wouldn’t mind. Hell, he knew she loved to have a shower in peace and a long one at that. He had even spoken to the manager when they got here to notify them that she might happen to stay late but not to be concerned as it was a part of they way they trained. Yeah, nice one, coach. She walked over to her designated locker and hit in the 4 number code. She heard the door click open and opened it to retrieve her body wash and clothes before shoving her gym bag and gold metal in and shutting the door. Grabbing a towel off the rack, she decided to take the shower on the far left as it was in the corner. More privacy that way.

She stepped into the stall and almost simultaneously dumped her clothes, towel and body wash on the shelf in the stall. She peeled off her jacket and pants, dropping them to the floor before kicking them to one side. Leaning forward she turned on the hot water, letting it become hot before turning the cold on to adjust the temperature. Removing her clingy leotard she tossed it also to the floor and undid her hair before stepping under the tepid water.

Sighing in relief, Buffy let the water flow down her body, warming her skin. She closed her eyes, willing her tight muscles to relax. She put her head under the water, feeling the water droplets on her face. She didn’t hear the main door of the locker room open nor did she hear the distinct echoing footsteps as they got closer. She didn’t see the red faced reporter that now stood at the open door of her shower stall, mouth hanging open at her perfect naked form. He pushed a stray curled ring of hair back behind his ear trying to regain some of his composure before he spoke. He grasped his bag strap tightly, trying not to make a sound just yet. Although her naked form was doing nothing but dangerous things to his cock.

“Miss Summers?” His British accent cut though the air like a razor. He fully expected her to scream at the top of her lungs and yell at him to leave. She might have, too, if she hadn’t snapped her eyes open and looked straight at him. Their eyes locked and she could feel that passion that had begun to sizzle before. Words seemed to escape them as he stepped closer to her. He removed his glasses and his crystal blue eyes told a story of passion and lust for only her. Buffy reached out to him, water droplets falling carelessly to the floor. His bag found its way to the floor as he took another step forward, drawn to her outstretched hand. He sighed as her wet hand grazed the side of his face and Buffy felt a jolt of pleasure rush though her. Never had she felt such need before. He was so close now and she could smell the cologne he wore and see the distinct scar on his left eyebrow. He somehow managed to remove the tweed brown suit that he wore, along with the vest, tie and shirt. All her questions were squashed as he removed his underwear. His length was impressive to say the least. He was already hard, no doubt from just seeing her naked form.

Buffy unconsciously bit her lower lip, taking in the view of the man before her. His body was amazing and with his shirt now gone she could see his perfectly sculpted abs and pecks that almost had her drooling. He turned back to close the door and slipped his clothes onto the same shelf her own clothes were. He fumbled with his wallet and Buffy realised that he was reaching for a condom. She stepped back into the water letting it warm her body once again.

Smart man. I didn’t even think of that.

He left it sitting on the shelf and then stepped into the water with her, their bodies so close now. He leaned towards her and finally their lips met and their bodies touched for the first time. Buffy’s lips tingled and she wrapped herself around the man before her which only served to feed her passion. His hardness pressed against her stomach making her ache for it to be inside her. She moved her hands down to it and let her fingers entwine around it. She heard him groan against her, his mouth being torn from hers. She begun to stroke it slowly and was rewarded with another moan. She felt his hand move down her behind before it came around to her front, the tips of his fingers sending shivers though her. Then his fingers found her sweet spot and it was Buffy’s turn to moan as he let a digit to slip into her smooth folds to explore her.

Never in her life had she been touched like this. Her body ached for this, needed the raw passion that this man was giving her. His finger nudged her clit now, making her cry out. She stroked his member with more vigour and he repaid her by letting his finger slide back into her warm depths. She gasped and leant against him, her legs almost falling out from underneath her. The palm of his hand pushed against her nub and each time he moved his finger, it rubbed against it, sending waves of pleasure coursing though her. He pumped his finger in and out of her now, keeping in rhythm with the stroke her hand was delivering to his cock. She moaned into his chest, the sensation was driving her crazy.

Buffy was startled as he removed his hand from her and leant away. She soon realised that in fact he was reaching for the condom. He slipped it on expertly before lifting her up. Her legs instinctively wrapped around his waist and she could feel the tip of his member rubbing at her entrance. Buffy pushed her hips down, forcing him into her, causing them both to cry out. He pushed her back up against the wall and moved the shower head so the water streamed over her breasts. His eyes, she could see, were hooded with lust as he kept himself still inside of her, giving her time to adjust. He took one of her breasts in his hand and played with it, the water making each nipple hard. He then put both hands under her arse and started to pump himself in and out of her.

Their eyes locked as he moved himself in and out of her. Buffy heard her breaths coming out in short pants and she leant her head back on the cool tiles behind her. She held onto his shoulders and closed her eyes. With each thrust, she could feel something building inside her and the sensation was becoming overwhelming. Her inner muscles began to flutter but it was the sweet mutterings that finally sent her over the edge.

Her body shook as her orgasm took hold and she screamed out her release. Hearing a growl, she responded as he smashed his lips on hers and his movements suddenly became jerky and then still. Their lips broke apart and Buffy sucked in a deep breath, coming down off her own high. She leaned her head against his shoulder now, not wanting the moment to end.

The shower still ran over them and Buffy sighed as he slipped his softening member out of her and lowered her feet to the floor. Her whole body was still tingling and she wasn’t sure if she could stand. He stepped away from the water and removed his condom, pushing it into the broken packet. He then stepped towards her again, letting his hand run over her face.

“I meant to introduce myself. My name is William Pratt. I was wanting to interview you about your win today.” His voice was husky and she almost got lost in the sound.

“Excuse me?” Buffy whispered.

“Never mind, kitten. I think I got everything I needed,” he murmured as he swooped down and kissed her softly on the lips.

“How about I let you finish up here and then we go and have coffee together?” His eyes were pleading at her, frightened of her rejection.

Coffee indeed.

“Sounds like a plan.” Buffy watched as his facial features relaxed at her response. He even gave her a little smile.

“You want me to…” William pointed to the body wash.

“Ah I don’t think so. If I let you do that, we will never get out of here.” William nodded. He couldn’t believe his luck. Not only had he met the woman of his dreams, but he had just had the best sex he had EVER had in his life. He gathered his things and promised to wait for her out in the locker room.

Life, he realised, was really worth living.


Chapter End Notes:
Mmmm....shower sex! *bats eyelashes* So did you like?