Author's Chapter Notes:
I don't own anything Buffy-wise! Please don't sue me!

As always, reviews and criticism are greatly appreciated!
=)
~~~Chapter Four~~~


BUZZ!!!!!! BUZZ!!!!!!!! BUZZ!!!!!!!!!!

Spike woke with a startled expression and a large jerk in his body. He was dreaming of Buffy, of course. When was he not dreaming of her? He had just put the tip of a strawberry in her mouth on the picnic they were having when the buzzing noise rudely awakened him.

He looked to his digital clock on his night stand next to his bed. '3:45 am' it read. Spike sighed, throwing the covers off of his body to go vehemently scream at whoever was buzzing his apartment in the middle of the night.

He reached the button just as they were pressing it again, "Who the bloody hell is it!?"

He waited for an answer from a very peeved Xander, but was met with the voice of an angel that he had only just dreamed about, "Spike? Is that you?"

Spike was stunned, to say the least. What was Buffy doing here so late? More importantly, why was she buzzing his apartment? He didn't know, but he was determined to find out, "Buffy? Luv, what are you doing here?"

"I was looking for Willow. I guess I pushed the wrong button. I'm sorry. I didn't know you all lived in the same building. Do you think you could buzz me in so I could go bang on her door? I really need to talk to her."

He could hear the distress in her voice. He soon felt horrible, knowing that he would have to tell his goddess that Willow wasn't there. He had spoken to her when she was leaving. He had went to get his mail when he bumped into her. He sighed, "Sorry, luv, she's not here. I spoke with her when she was leaving. Her and that Oz character were going to go to LA for the weekend for some type of concert thing."

He heard her sigh, making his stomach drop. He knew she was disappointed, he just hoped that he could help, "Why don't you come on up? I'll make us some coffee and you can tell me what's wrong, eh? Sound good?"

"I don't know Spike. It's not exactly something that you just blurt out. Willow knows what's going on, maybe I should just wait for her to come back," her voice sounded uneasy, unsure.

He wanted her to trust him, hell, he just wanted her, but he knew that wasn't going to happen so long that Soldier Boy was still around, "It's up to you, pet. You can trust me. I know we don't know each other a whole lot, but we're friends, yeah?"

Buffy didn't say anything for a long time, then suddenly, "Buzz me up."

Spike smiled from ear to ear, "Just a second, luv." He pushed the unlock button so she could come in, "Apartment 25, pet."

He knew she wouldn't reply because she was on his way here, on her way up to his apartment, and he hoped that it would be happening a lot more. A soft knock snapped him out of his reverie. He was at the door in two swift steps.

Swinging the door open, he was met with a Buffy that he hadn't seen before. Her hair was tussled, she wore grey sweatpants, a black tank top, and tennis shoes. He looked her over, smiling at her innocence, "Hey, luv. Come on in."

He stepped aside as she made her way in. She stopped as she looked around the room. Turning to him, "You have a really great place here. No offense, but I thought it would be just like any other guy's apartment."

He tilted his head to get a good look at her, "You mean messy, full of porn, and bear cans everywhere?"

She blushed, guiltily, she answered, "Yeah. Sorry, it's just what I have been experience to. Every guys apartment that I've been to has been messy with Playboy everywhere and just really bad."

He smirked at her, "Well, I'm not most guys." There was an awkward silence between them for a few minutes. Spike got fed up with it, "Why don't we sit down and you tell me what's got you in such a hustle? Sound good?"

She gave him a shy smile, "Sure."

He led her to the couch, almost missing the small shiver that went through her body as his hand touched the small of her back to guide her. Almost. He had seen it, hoping that it meat something.

They sat on the couch. Buffy nervously shifted to face him. He noticed that she was uneasy with this whole thing, hoping that she would open up to him. He desperately wanted to be a large part of her life, "So, where do you want to start?"

She sighed, "I don't know how to say this. It's kinda hard. Only Willow knows what's going on and she's doing everything that she can to help me, but there's nothing that anyone can ever do to help me. I'm going to stuck with him. I can never leave him."

Buffy started to cry, which frightened Spike. He hated to see her cry. It was killing him. He wanted to kill whoever made her feel this way and he wanted it to hurt, "Who, luv? Who's hurting you? Is someone hitting you?"

He pulled her into his arms as she nodded her head yes. He felt her grab him by the waist, holding on for dear life. She was petrified and he could feel it radiating off of her, "Who, luv? Can you tell me who?"

She sniffled, silent for a long time before finally answering him. He barely heard the answer, but when he did, his whole body stiffened. He felt rage rush through him as he felt the need to go kill someone. Hearing her say that one name, made him feel something that he had never felt before.

He replayed the past part of what he had heard. Knowing that the answer would still be the same, "Riley."


~~~Chapter Five~~~


He replayed the past part of what he had heard. Knowing that the answer would still be the same, "Riley."

He wanted to kill Riley, wanted to cause him bodily harm. But he knew that if he let go of the girl in his arms, he would never get this chance to prove to her that he wanted her here and that she could trust him, "Riley? He did this to you? He's made you this way?"

Buffy nodded against his chest. He felt the tears soaking through his shirt, knowing that this shirt would never be washed, he wanted to keep her scent on him forever. He tightened his grip on her.

"Luv, why can't you leave him? Why can't you just get away or call the police?"

Buffy leaned out of his grasp, but still held onto his shirt, "Do you not know what Riley is? He's a cop. There's no way I could call the police and they would believe me. They would just joke about it with him and he would tell them to write it off as a prank that I was playing.

Then he would come and find me, then beat it into my head that I would never be anything without him. And I never will be, I know that. There's no denying it. I know the facts and the fact of the matter is, I'm stuck, no matter what."

He cupped her face in his hands, making sure that she didn't look away from him as he spoke, "You are not nothing. You are the most extraordinary woman that I have ever met. The fact that you are telling me this now tells me that you are the strongest woman that I have ever met.

You don't ever believe him again. Do you hear me? Never believe him. He has to hit you to make himself feel better. No man should ever do that. You deserve better than that. You deserve to be treated better."

She shook her head, even though it was hard with him holding her head, "No, you're wrong. No man will ever want me. Riley and I have been together for years. Ever since high school we've been together. There's no one else that will ever want me. It won't take a scientist to tell me that."

Spike sighed heavily, "Oh yeah? Then what does this tell you?"

She was about to respond when Spike crashed his lips to hers. He pulled her close as he felt her stiffen under his lips. Soon, she was kissing him back, matching the fervor that he had.

He nipped at her bottom lip, begging her for entrance. She gladly allowed him the entrance that he wanted. She opened her mouth, moaning as she felt his tongue battle hers for dominance. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him as close as she possibly could.

Spike thought he was going to explode. He needed her, wanted her, craved her. He felt her pulling him extremely close, not caring if things were going too fast for them or not. He lifted her into his lap until she was straddling him.

He wanted her to know that she had all of the control, so she would feel safe. He wanted her to feel safe with him. Spike gripped her hips, hoping to get closer than he already was.

They pulled apart, resting their foreheads together, when breathing became an issue for both of them. They didn't want to release each other, but knew they had to to be able to breathe.

Once their breathing became normal again, they hesitantly looked into each other's eyes. Buffy didn't feel embarrassed, shy, or anything else that would possibly be able to hide her true feelings.

Spike chuckled, looking into her eyes. She eyed him suspiciously, "What's so funny?"

He wrapped his arm leisurely around her waist, "You never answered my question."

Now she was shy. She didn't know what to answer, or how. How did she explain that he had kissed her with such intensity that she had never felt that way before in her life? She was speechless, almost, "Well, I don't think I can."

Spike pouted, "Why not?"

It was her turn to laugh now, "Because I don't think anyone ever invented words for what that just told me. You feel it, too, don't you? You feel that thing that's there?"

He did. He felt the way that she was. They couldn't explain it. They felt like they belonged together. As if they had known each other for their whole lives. He knew that he never wanted to let her go again. And it warmed his heart to know that she felt the same way, too.

He pulled her to him, smiling as she nestled her head in the crook of his neck, "Yeah, sweets, I feel it, too." Adding in his mind, 'and it feels bloody great.'


~~~Chapter Six~~~


It had been four days. Four days since he had seen her.

Spike was worried out of his mind about her. He was afraid that Riley had done something to her, hurt her in any way. He cringed at the thought of it. He never wanted her to leave that night. He wanted to keep her with him, wanted to keep her safe.

Buffy knew that she couldn't stay. She had told Riley that she was going for a run since she didn't feel tired. She wanted to stay, too. She had told him that, but it wasn't enough for Spike. He wanted to know that she was okay.

He was filling the cups of coke for his customers when he felt her. He felt her near. He looked up, seeing the vision in front of Willow, smiling and laughing as if everything was okay.

He set the drinks on the table telling his customers if they needed anything they should just yell and he would be back. He headed to Buffy then, only just seeing that someone was following behind her.

Riley.

He was there, and he wanted to kill him. Spike wanted to get Buffy away from Riley for good. He had talked to Willow about it, making a pact that they would do whatever it took.

He headed to Willow, who looked distressed from listening to Riley talk. She was about to make up some type of response when Spike interjected, "Hey, Willow, do you think you could help me find the folders in the back for the inventory?"

Willow noticed the pleading in his voice, knowing exactly what it meant, "Um, actually, I'm kinda busy right now. Riley was telling me some very interesting stories about some calls that he got. I was hoping to listen to some more." She looked at Buffy, "Could you help him? You know as much about this place as I do. Would you mind?"

Buffy knew what they were doing, hoping that Riley didn't, "Sure. Why not. I'll be back, Riley."

He brushed off the fact that Buffy was walking away with another man, pleased that WIllow seemed to be interested in hearing stories from his nightly calls in his job, "Sure, honey. Go along now."

Buffy did just that. She followed Spike to the back room for the inventory, barely making it into the room before being pushed into the closed door, and lips plundering down on her.

She had missed him. She felt it, he felt it, hell, if anyone else was in there, they would have felt it, too. They had never felt this way about anyone before. Spike felt his inner William coming out to play when he softened the kiss. He glided his lips over hers, just wanting to take in the taste of her.

He pulled back a bit, giving her time to breathe, stealing gentle kisses in between. Sighing, he reached a hand to stroke her hair that she wore down more often now. Mainly because she knew how much he liked it, "God, I missed you."

She smiled up at him, "I know what you mean. I missed you, too."

He pulled her to him, just wanting to feel her in his arms, making sure that she knew that she was safe with him. After a few minutes, he pulled back, looking her in the eyes, "I talked to Willow. We're going to get you away from him."

Buffy gently pushed him away, moving around him, hugging her arms around herself, "No, you can't do that. I won't let you. You'll get hurt, both of you. I won't let you get hurt, either one of you, just because of me."

He grasped her upper arms softly, "You listen here. I am not going to just sit around and watch some jack ass hurt you. I won't do it. We are going to get you away from him, you hear me? No matter what it takes."

She sighed, stepping back into his arms, locking her hands behind his back, "I don't want to be with him anymore. God, I don't want to. I just don't want you or Willow to get hurt. Especially not you."

He kissed the top of her head, "Why not, sweets?"

"I don't know. I think I'm falling for you. Hard. Harder than I've ever fallen before, and it scares me. I don't want to get hurt again."

Spike's heart soared. She was falling for him, and she openly admitted it. She was going to love him and he would cherish it forever, "I know exactly what you mean, sweetheart. I'm falling for you, too. I've been falling since the first time that I first saw you."

She looked at him astonished, "Really?"

He kissed her lips gently, "Really. Don't ask me how or why because I can't answer that. But I know that I have. And I don't want to risk losing you. Not ever."

She pulled him into another soft kiss, taking him by surprise. She had never initiated the kisses. It was always him, but he decided that he liked this part of her. She pulled back after a second, "We need to get back out there. Not only will Riley eventually get suspicious, but I'm betting Willow is about to die from hearing those stories."

Spike chuckled lightly, not really wanting to go back out there, "Okay. Give us one more kiss."

She smiled and kissed him once more before pulling back, grasping his hand to lead him out of the inventory room. He knew the instant that he saw her go back to his side by Willow that Riley was too dense to even notice that they had been gone for longer than 30 minutes.

Willow and Spike had a plan. They were going to get her away from him and get him sent to jail. No matter what it took, he would make sure of it. No one hurts the woman he loves.