Author's Chapter Notes:
I don't own anything Buffy-wise! Please don't sue me!

As always, reviews and criticism are greatly appreciated!
=)
~~~Chapter Ten~~~


****In The Previous Chapter****
Shifting on the bed to where he was lying next to her with her in his arms, he continued, "Remember when we were lying like this in my bed that night? You told me that you loved me and that no one had ever made you feel the way that I make you feel? You said that without me, you didn't know how you would go on? That's how I feel, too, baby. I'm sorry I didn't tell you then. I need you. Please don't leave me, baby. I need you here. Please come back to me, baby. I love you."

Spike felt like he was dreaming when he felt her hand twitching in his. He quickly sat up, looking at her face, amazed when he saw her green eyes looking right back at him. She smiled weakly, barely whispering out, "I love you, too."

****Currently****

Spike thoguht his heart was going to leap out of his chest when he heard her say those four words. Not only was she finally awake, she was going to be okay, but she loved him. SHE LOVED HIM! He knew that this moment was going to be one that he would never forget.

He gripped her hand tighter, trying to hold the tears from falling. She needed him to be strong right now. She needed him, and he would be damned if he would be weak in front of her when she needed him. He gave her the best smiled that he could, "Baby, you're awake. Are you feeling okay? Let me go get the doc."

He made a move to get up, but Buffy stopped him. He turned to look at her, "First, you are going to give me a proper hello." Spike smiled. Leaning down, he gave her a full kiss, not too hard, just enough to make her feel the love he had for her.

Finally releasing her lips, Spike turned to get the doctor. When he came back, he saw Buffy sitting up on the bed, legs dangling off the side. Rushing to her, he spoke, "Baby, you shouldn't be sitting up. You need to rest, sweetheart."

Buffy grinned at him, "Spike, I am feeling better. I just knew that I would have to sit up for the doctor. I am fine. Really." She gave him a sincere smile, laying a hand on his shoulder as he knelt beside her, "Thank you for caring."

Spike stood up and kissed, not caring that the doctor was standing in the room, "I love you." Simple as that. He didn't need to say more. She knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that she was lost. She loved this man, and he loved her. Nothing else mattered.

That was, until the doctor cleared his throat, "I know that this must be very hard on both of you, but I do need to check her out. Make sure everything is okay. You are more than welcome to stay in here with us, Mr. Pratt. Something tells me that you won't be wanting to leave her side anytime soon."

Spike squeezed Buffy's hand, "That's right, doc." Buffy smiled at him, knowing that things would never be the same. She knew that now that she was free from Riley, she could be free with Spike, free of sneaking around.

Freedom.

That simple word meant everything, but it was hard to understand. She looked between Spike and the doctor, not hearing anything that they were discussing. Probably something about her health, but she wasn't focused on that. She could be with Spike.

She had never known what it was like to have a relationship that wasn't consisting of public displays of affection. Riley had never wanted that. He had always been so 'proper'. He didn't want anything to 'ruin his military image'. He had never cared about what she wanted with him.

She didn't even know what she had wanted with Riley, finally realizing that she was only with Riley because it was convenient, then it was terrifying. She had never been able to talk to him about anything. She could talk to Spike about whatever she wanted, or needed to talk about. She loved him. She could be with Spike now.

She could hold his hand when they were at the beach, hug him in the middle of the aisle at Wal-Mart, kiss him in front of everyone. All this thinking made her think about their future. When she suddenly spoke, not caring if she was interrupting their conversation, "Let's get married."

She looked up at Spike, head held high. His head snapped to her, shock spreading throughout his face, "What?"


~~~Chapter Eleven~~~


****Previously****

She could hold his hand when they were at the beach, hug him in the middle of the aisle at Wal-Mart, kiss him in front of everyone. All this thinking made her think about their future. When she suddenly spoke, not caring if she was interrupting their conversation, "Let's get married."

She looked up at Spike, head held high. His head snapped to her, shock spreading throughout his face, "What?"

****Currently****

The doctor looked between Buffy's confident face and Spike's shocked one, deciding that it would be better if he came back later and let them have a private moment for a bit. He quietly excused himself from the room, shutting the door softly, oblivious to either of the other occupants of the room.

Spike ran his fingers through his hair, "Did you just say what I think you said?" Hoping that she wouldn't mess with him this way. He had thought about it, no question in that, but to actually consider it? He honestly hadn't done that.

Buffy looked down at her hands, suddenly all too nervous, "Um, yeah. I did. I'm sorry, was that not a good thing to say? I'm sorry. I just-I just got to thinking and it-it all just started to-started to fall together. I'm sorry. Just-just forget that I said anything."

Hoping that he would drop it and he would go find where the doctor went to. Unfortunately, he didn't, "Is that what you want? To forget that you ever mentioned anything about us-us getting married?"

She blinked, 'No,' she thought to herself. She didn't want to forget about it. But she didn't want things to be strange between them just because she wanted to marry him. Hell, she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him. She didn't care if he wanted to marry her, just as long as she could spend the rest of her entire existence with him.

When she didn't answer, Spike asked again, "Buffy? Is that what you want?" When she looked up at him, she had tears in her eyes. He instantly felt like a git. He had never wanted her to cry, but he didn't want to forget that she had just suggested that they get married.

She shook her head, "No. That's not what I want. I just don't want things to be weird between us. What with the baby now, and then the whole finally able to be together, free of what Riley could possibly do..."

Anything else she had to say was cut off when she saw the look of awe and surprise on his face. She looked at him questioningly, "What? What's wrong?"

He barely got the words out at a low whisper, "What baby?"

She looked at him as if he had gone crazy, "What do you mean, 'what baby?'? Our baby. Wait. The-the doctor's didn't tell you?"

"No," He said sitting down beside her on the bed, "You're pregnant?"

She nodded. Buffy thought that they doctor would have told him that she was pregnant. She thought that it had to have come up when the doctor was explaining what was wrong with her and what needed to be done. But it hadn't. She had completely thrown him for a loop.

Spike got a goofy grin on his face, grabbing her hands in his, "I'm going to be a father?"

She smiled, squeezing his hands, "You're going to be a great father. The best father that this baby could ever hope for. And you know why? Because of the love that you give."

Spike smiled brightly at her, "You're going to be a fantastic mum. I just know it. I can already tell that you love the bit." Spike laid his head on her still flat stomach, trying to hear the heartbeat, knowing that there was no possible way that he could, "We're going to be parents, Buffy."

She played with the curls that the top of his hair had turned into when he kept running his fingers through it, "We're going to be parents. Great ones."

Spike kissed her stomach, then moved to kiss her on the mouth, but not before he whispered on her lips, "Marry me." Before she could answer, he kissed her so passionately that she thought she would pass out.

When they finally parted, she smiled at him, "That was my line. And you never answered me."

"Well, you never answered me," he said, putting his right arm over her to hold himself up over her body, slightly scooting up towards her, "So, what do you say, sweetheart? You wanna marry me? Like, tomorrow?"

She burst out laughing, "Tomorrow? No! Not tomorrow anyways. Now, next week, when I'm out of the hospital and I have a dress? Sure."

Grinning like a mad man, he kissed her on the lips, "Good, that gives me plenty of time to get you a proper ring, luv." He said right before he kissed her again.


~~~The End~~~