Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it's been a while since I have posted but I lost my USB stick that had all of my information on it, but I got a new one and I have been trying to find all of the information that I had on there. But, I finally got time to write this chapter! There's going to be twists and turns! I hope you like it! Let me know!
=)
~*~*~Previously~*~*~


Spike laid down next to her on the bed, tucking her under his arm so her head lay between his shoulder and collar bone, "Damn straight."

Buffy laughed and kissed his cloth covered collar, "I love you."

Spike kissed the top of her head, "I love you, too, baby. I love you, too."

***Chapter Twelve***



Spike carried a sleepy Buffy into his house. Today was the day that she got to come home. They had stayed up all night talking and she was exhausted. Spike's dad had driven them home so that he could sit in the back with her. She had fallen asleep before they were even out of the parking lot.

Walking to her room, Buffy was jostled on the stairs. She slowly awoke from her sleeping state. She rubbed her eyes, "Spike?"

"Yeah, baby. I'm here."

"Where are we?" she asked as she tried to look around.

"We're home, baby. I'm taking you to your room."

"I don't want to go to my room."

Spike stopped at the top of the stairs, "You don't?"

Buffy shook her head, "No. I want to stay with you. Do you think your dad will get mad?"

Spike was shocked. She had told him that she wanted to stay with him. In the same room. In the same bed. He couldn't believe it. He didn't know whether is father would care or not, but he also knew that he didn't want to let Buffy out of his sight, "I don't know, baby. But you can stay with me anyways. Alright?"

Buffy slightly nodded as she lowered her head back to his shoulder, "Okay. Night."

Spike chuckled and kissed the top of her head then went on walking to his bed room. Once there, he silently shut the door, trying not to wake her up. Once he got her in, he laid her on the bed and grabbed a folded up blanket from his closet. When she was covered, Spike moved away from the bed, intending to go talk to his father.

But Buffy would have nothing of the such happening. She reached for him, barely grazing his arm, "Don't leave. Please. I don't want to be alone. Please?"

Spike could never refuse her on any terms, but this. When she used that voice and when she looked so peaceful, he knew that he couldn't leave her. He knew that he had to be with her now. She needed him.

He slipped off his boots and lifted up the blanket so he could slide in next to her. She lifted up as he put his arm under her neck. She looked up at him and gave a slight smile. He leaned down and kissed her softly. And together they let sleep claim them.

~~~

Giles knocked on Spike's door, hoping to find him and Buffy in there because when he went to talk to Buffy and ask her if she needed anything or wanted something to drink or eat, he didn't find her in her room. And he knew that she wouldn't have run off.

When he got no answer, he slightly opened the door enough to peer inside. When he did, he found a very asleep Buffy and Spike. Buffy's back against Spike's chest spooned together. Deciding to come back later and let them sleep for a while longer before waking them up for lunch.

He closed the door and left down the hallway. When he reached the kitchen, he heard a light knocking on his front door. Giles walked to the front of the house and opened the door, "Hello? Can I help you, Miss?"

Before him stood a young woman. She had dark brown, straight hair, and red rings under her eyes as if she had been crying, "Yes. I heard that Buffy Summers might be living here. Is that true?"

Giles took his glasses off and cleaned them with a handkerchief from his pocket, "Yes it is. May I ask who you are?"

"Oh! I'm sorry. My name is Dani. Dani Montgomery."

"I see. And why are you needing to speak to Buffy?"

The woman faltered, "Well, um...you see...I'm her sister. And there has been an accident. Buffy's twin was in a car accident last night. She didn't make it." Dani started to tear up. Whatever she was going to say left her as she couldn't continue speaking about the accident.

Giles opened the door wide and offered her to come in. He led her to the living room, "Buffy's upstairs right now. I'll go and get her for you. Please, make yourself feel at home. It will only be a moment."

Giles quickly left the room and trotted up the stairs. He knocked on the door, seeing if they were awake. When he got no response once again, he opened the door and stepped in. He went to Buffy's side and laid a hand on her shoulder, "Buffy, dear? Buffy?"

Buffy stirred slightly and opened her eyes, "Giles?"

"Yes, Buffy. You need to get up. There's someone downstairs to see you, dear."

Buffy quietly and quickly removed herself from Spike's grasp and stood up, "Someone to see me? Who?"

Giles debated on telling her, but he knew that she had better see for herself. She had never mentioned having any other family and he thought that maybe they had a falling out, but he did know that she needed to hear what her sister had to say, "It's better if you just go down there and see them, Buffy."

Buffy nodded, "Alright."

Buffy headed down the stairs and stopped when she saw Dani sitting on the couch, "Dani? What are you doing here? How did you find me? Is everything alright?"

Dani got up and went to her sister, hugging her close, "Buffy, there's something that you need to know." Dani pulled back and looked her sister in the eyes, "Liz had an accident. Last night. A semi truck ran a red light. The driver was asleep and she couldn't miss it. I'm so sorry, Buffy. She didn't make it."

Buffy's face crumbled. Her sister was dead. Her twin sister was dead. How could this have happened? Why? Why did it happen? Why her? Buffy moved towards the couch, bracing her arms on the seat before sitting down. She had planned on introducing Spike to Liz next month on their birthday. Now she never would.

Buffy lowered her upper half of her body to her lap and cried. Barely feeling the support of Dani's hand on her back, rubbing soothingly.


TBC


Chapter End Notes:
So? What did you think? Was that a huge twist and turn like I said it would be? I promise everything will be explained in the next chapter! I promise! Don't kill me!

=)