Author's Chapter Notes:
THIS IS THE SECOND POST FOR TODAY!!! READ CHAPTER 12 FIRST!!!!


So, I'm totally on a role right now. If it weren't for the fact that I had to get up early tomorrow for class, I would keep writing. Unfortunately though, I have to get up early. I hope you all like this. It explains things.

=)
~*~*~Previously~*~*~

Buffy's face crumbled. Her sister was dead. Her twin sister was dead. How could this have happened? Why? Why did it happen? Why her? Buffy moved towards the couch, bracing her arms on the seat before sitting down. She had planned on introducing Spike to Liz next month on their birthday. Now she never would.

Buffy lowered her upper half of her body to her lap and cried. Barely feeling the support of Dani's hand on her back, rubbing soothingly.

***Chapter Thirteen***


Buffy slowly walked up the stairs that led her to Spike. The one person that she needed the most right now. Giles and Dani had decided that she would come back later and they would talk about the arrangements for the funeral.

The funeral.

God how Buffy hated those two words. She never wanted to associate those words with her twin sister. But now she had to. She had no choice in the matter. Buffy had to try and calm herself before she talked to Spike or everything would not come out right. Everything would be a mess and it wouldn't make sense.

Stopping at the door that was the only thing that separated them now, she took a deep breath and exhaled. She turned the nob and opened the door. Spike was still asleep. She hated to wake him up but she knew that she needed to. Walking over, she sat on the bed. She ran her hand through his hair, stirring him slightly.

She leant down to his ear, kissing the soft spot right behind it, "Spike. Spike you need to wake up. I need you right now. Please wake up."

In an instant he was up. All he needed to hear was that she needed him. He pulled her into his lap, "What's wrong? Have you been crying, Kitten?"

Buffy nodded. She didn't know how she would tell him. But she knew that she had to. Everything would come out today. Everything. That was a scary thought. She had never told anyone of her other life. Her other family. No one. But now she knew that she had to tell Spike. He deserved it and there was no way around it through the course of the next couple of days.

"Spike, I need to talk to you. There are...some things that I need to tell you and that I need to explain. Okay? So I need you to just listen then ask questions after. Okay? Can you do that for me, please?"

Spike scrunched his eyebrows in confusion but nodded his head all the same, "Sure, baby. What is it? What do you need to tell me?"

Buffy moved from his lap and sat on the pillows, her knees drawn under her chin. Spike turned around in his place to face her. Buffy took a deep breath and looked him in the eyes, "I'm not who you think I am. There are things about me that I haven't told anyone. That I didn't want to tell anyone until now. When I have you and when I can't avoid it.

"I have a whole other life that no one knows about but me. I have two sisters and a step father in San Francisco. Dani is my oldest sister. My step father's name is Victor. And my other sister...her name is Elizabeth Summers. But we all called her Liz. She was my twin sister. When our parents got a divorce the papers said that I was to live with dad and that Liz was to live with mom.

"They moved to San Francisco and that's where my mom met Victor. He was really nice to her. The best I thought that there was for my mom. When mom died, he took care of my sisters. Dani isn't actually my sister. She's just my step sister, but she's been a real sister to me in life. And that's how I think of her in my heart. I was going to introduce you to LIz next month on our birthday. But...there's been a..um...a slight change in plans."

Buffy's voice cracked as she spoke those last words. She didn't know if she was going to be able to keep her composure whens he told him this, but she knew that she had to try. She could see Spike just sitting there, paying attention to her and letting her talk just as she asked. And she was very grateful to him for that, "The problem is...is that...Dani came by today. She found out that I was staying here."

Buffy had to take a moment to breathe. Things were getting really hard to say to him now, but she knew that she had to keep going. She had to tell him about everything. He deserved it. She kept telling herself that. She knew that was the only way that she was going to be able to finish the tale of her life.

"She came to tell me that...that there was an acci...accident last night. There was a semi truck that ran a red light and the driver was...was asleep. She was hit and it ki...killed her. Dani is going to come back later and we're going to talk about the funeral arrangements. I want you to be there. Okay. Now I'm done. You can talk."

Spike didn't say anything. All he did was look at her, lean forward, kiss her softly and pull her into his arms. He knew that what she had told him was one of the hardest things that she had to do and he was glad that she shared it with him. He tightened his grip on her and kissed the crown of her head, "Of course I'll be there, baby. You know I'll be there. I love you."

Buffy started to let the tears fall. She couldn't seem to keep the tears from falling now. She knew that there was no way to stop them. Not now that she had started. She knew that she was safe in Spike's arms, "I love you, too," she choked out. She was crying non-stop now.

Spike maneuvered her where she was laying across his lap and he was cradling her to him, "It's alright, baby. I'm here for you. I'm here. Just let it out. Just let it go. I'll be here to catch you. I've got you now. It's all going to be okay." And Buffy did just that. She let go and she let him take care of her. She knew that he would do a good job of it. As far as she was concerned, he already had.


TBC


Chapter End Notes:
So? What did you think?

=)