Author's Chapter Notes:
Well, another chapter. I hope that everyone is following this story okay. I know that it must seem like a crap load of drama. And, the sad thing is, this has happened to someone before. I talked to one of my friends and he told me that I could let everyone know that this is his wife's life story, just in Buffy/Spike form. So I promise that this isn't just coming out of nowhere. LOL! I hope you all continue to read this! Thanks so much to everyone who has been following this, it meas a lot to me! Thank you so much!
=)
~*~*~Previously~*~*~


Spike maneuvered her where she was laying across his lap and he was cradling her to him, "It's alright, baby. I'm here for you. I 'm here. JUst let it out. Just let it go. I'll be here to catch you. I've got you now. It's all going to be okay." And Buffy did just that. She let go and she let him take care of her. She knew that he would do a good job of it. As far as she was concerned, he already had.



***Chapter Fourteen***


The next two days had been hell for Buffy. The funeral arrangements drained her. She was so tired and the only sleep that she could get was now. Sleeping on the way up to San Francisco. Spike looked over at her, her head resting against the window as she slept soundly. They were almost there and he hated to wake her up, but he knew that she would have to be.

Getting on the San Francisco ramp, he noticed that he had a red light in front of him. Once the car was to a stop, Spike reached over to Buffy and slightly tugged on her sleeping form, pulling her to him. She adjusted herself to lean on his shoulder. Spike assumed that she had gone back to sleep so he decided to try and coax her awake.

He leant down and kissed her, noticing when she immediately responded and returned the kiss. Once the broke apart, he looked to see her eyes open, "Is that what I get for waking up? I gotta do that more often."

Spike looked at the road as he noticed the car in front of him move. He grabbed the directions from the visor and made sure that he was going the right way, "I figured that I had better wake you up now. We just got here. Thought you might want to be awake for a little while before we got to your sister's house."

"I did, thank you." Buffy looked out the front window. She was in San Francisco. For her twin sister's funeral. She couldn't believe this. First, her father is killed, then she has a flare up of her Leukemia, and now Liz was dead. She didn't know how much more of this that she could take.

The remainder of the ride was made in silence. Neither saying anything, just enjoying the comfortable silence between them. They could tell which house it was immediately when they pulled onto the street. There were cars everywhere. Spike found the first available parking spot. Getting out, Buffy felt her legs start to give way and she grabbed onto the hood of the car.

Spike was there in an instant, grabbing her right arm to help support her, "You alright, Kitten?"

Buffy let go of the hood and hugged Spike to her, "I don't know if I can do this."

Spike buried his head in her shoulder, "You're going to do great. I promise I will be there with you through every thing. No matter what. I love you. You understand that?"

Buffy pulled back and gave him a small kiss, "Yes. I just don't know how to act. I mean, some of these people I have never met before. The ones from mom's side I've met, but the other ones, they're just going to be looking at me thinking that I'm just there because she died and that I wasn't in her life because I didn't want to be. I just...I just don't want to be doing this."

Spike ran his right hand through her hair until he hit her neck and he cupped the nape of it, "Do you not want to go in there? I can take you away from here and we can go to the funeral and the burial. You do not have to go in there if you don't want to or if you think that you can't do it. I will take you from here if you just say the word."

Buffy gave him a soft smile, "I know you would. But I have to go in there. I have to. I don't know why, but I do. I just need you with me."

"You've got me with you. All the time." Spike pulled her face closer to him so he could kiss her on the forehead. He leant his forehead against hers, "Come on, I've got you."

Taking a deep breath, she nodded and moved away from the car so the door would shut. They walked up the steps leading to the front door. Buffy took another deep breath as Spike pressed the doorbell. Her heard was beating out of her chest, or at least that was what it felt like.

Hearing the door open, Buffy's head shot up. Victor. Her mother's second husband. God, he looked horrible. So run down, but, what could she say? She probably looked just as bad, "Buffy? Is that you?" Buffy nodded and was extremely surprised when he pulled her into a hug, "Dani said that you were coming but with your father, we assumed that you might not make it." He pulled back, "We're so glad you're here."

"Thank you, Victor. I'm so sorry. Sorry that I hadn't been here."

Victor stepped out of the house and shut the door behind him to give them some privacy from the prying eyes coming from the full house, "It's alright, dear. We knew that your father was going to keep you on that deal that he and your mother made."

Spike decided to speak up now, "What deal?"

Buffy turned to him, "My father decided that since he got me, I would never see my mom or sister again and since he had photos of my mother cheating on him, he used them as blackmail. He said that he would show them to the court and prove that she was disloyal and that he would take everything. So they made a deal. I would stay with him away from them and they would stay away from me."

Victor cut in now, "But that never stopped them. They talked all the time. But without Hank knowing." Turning back to Buffy, "How is the old bastard anyways?"

Buffy scrunched her eyebrows, "You didn't know? He's dead. Killed by my God Father." Seeing Victor nod, Buffy realized that she had never introduced Spike to him, "Spike, this is Victor Mays. He's Dani's father and my mom's second husband. Victor this is my boyfriend, Spike."

Victor put his hand out to Spike, "Nice to meet you, son."

Spike took his offered hand, "You, too, sir. But I wish it were under better circumstances."

Victor put his hands in his pockets, "Well, I've kept you from everyone inside, Let's head in there." He opened the door and gestured for Spike and Buffy to go in first. Spike took Buffy's hand and gave it a squeeze telling her that it would be okay and that he was here. Buffy squeezed back and let Spike walk in before her as if he were her shield.


TBC


Chapter End Notes:
So, there's the interlude to the funeral. Next chapter, the funeral begins. **tear**

=)