Author's Chapter Notes:
SECOND POST FOR TODAY! READ CHAPTER 14 FIRST!

So, this is another post. There's only one more chapter to go! I can't belive it! I hope you all enjoy this!

=)
~*~*~Previously~*~*~


Victor put his hands in his pockets, "Well, I've kept you from everyone inside. Let's head in there." He opened the door and gestured for Spike and Buffy to go in first. Spike took Buffy's hand and gave it a squeeze telling her that it would be okay and that he was here. Buffy squeezed back and let Spike walk in before her as if he were her shield.


***Chapter Fifteen***


The funeral was hell. Buffy had never cried that much in her life. She had never thought that it was possible. But she made it through. If it weren't for Spike, she knew that she wouldn't have been able to go through with the funeral. She sat and listened to everyone say how great her sister was and how thoughtful that she was.

No one knew her though. Not like Buffy knew her. They didn't know of the times when they were little. When they would pretend that they were getting married in a double wedding or how they would pretend that they were meeting for lunch during a busy day.

No one knew that they had cried when they found out that they wouldn't be together any more because their parents were getting a divorce. They didn't know of the time when they ran away together just to keep from being torn apart forever. No one knew that stuff about her sister. They didn't know that when she was seven that she had fallen off the roof onto the bushes because she was trying to save a bird that was stuck in the gutter of their house.

Only Buffy knew this stuff. And it was all that she had left of her now. It had been hours after the funeral had ended and Buffy was still at the cemetery. She just sat in her seat in front of where her sister was buried now. She couldn't seem to look away or leave. She just felt like she needed to be there. Like making up for the time that she wasn't there in the past.

Spike had stayed with her. True to his word. He stayed with her through everything. He was there with her. And it didn't feel like he was there out of respect. He was there because Buffy needed him. He knew that she needed him more than anyone else right now. So he sat next to her, holding her.

Buffy looked at him. He was watching her. She knew that he had to be tired. She was, too. Today had just been exhausting for the both of them. She grabbed his hand and brought it to her lips giving it a soft kiss, "You ready?"

Spike smiled and rubbed the back of her hand with his thumb, "Only if you are. We can stay longer if you need it."

"I know. I'm ready."

Spike stood and offered her his other hand. She took it and stood up right into his arms. He hugged her closer, "I'm really proud of you."

"For what?"

"For everything. You have been so strong. Through everything that you have had to go through. Being torn from your sister, your father being an inconsiderate prick, getting diagnosed with Leukemia, and losing your sister. You've been so strong through all of this. Most people would have broken down. But not you. You've been so strong through all of this.

"It makes me honored to know that you love me. No matter how tough life got, you still found the urge to love. And you love me. I'm so proud of you for being who you are in this crappy place that we call life." Spike dropped one of her hands to reach into his pocket to grab a black box. He opened it, "And I'm hoping that one day, you'll be my wife. So that you don't have to go through all of this by yourself anymore."

Spike dropped to one knee, still holding her left hand in his right and the box in his left, "Buffy Summers, will you do me the honor and be my wife?"

Buffy was speechless. She couldn't believe that he was proposing to her, "It's so sudden. I mean, we haven't known each other that long and we've been a couple for shorter time than that." Buffy sat down in the chair so she could be face to face with him, "And the strangest thing is...I don't care. I love you. Yes, I will be your wife." How she spoke so calmly she would never know.

Spike smiled brightly and took the ring out of the box, sitting it on the chair next to Buffy. He slipped the princess cut diamond onto her third finger on her left hand, "I love you, too." He said before he kissed her.


~~~

Buffy looked over at Spike. They were on their way back to Sunnydale. They decided that they would rather be in the comfort of their own home than at some hotel. Buffy had told him that she needed to tell Willow and Xander about them. She had been so cut off from them for the last couple of weeks. Only seeing them in school. And since she hadn't been going to school, she hadn't seen them. They also needed to tell Giles about the engagement, sure that he would be as excited about it as they were.

Buffy couldn't believe how her life had turned out. She was going to be eighteen in a month and she was already getting married. She couldn't believe it. But she didn't care how fast her life seemed to be going. She was happy and she wasn't about to lose that. Not now that she had found it.

Spike noticed her looking and gave her a small smile and stretched his right arm towards her, offering her to sit by him. She unbuckled her seat belt and slid to the middle of the bench seat, getting herself comfortable next to Spike, "I love you." she said.

He kissed her forehead, "I love you, too."

"Are you excited?"

That was a stupid question, "Of course I'm excited. I can't wait to make you my wife. It's. You been thinking about the wedding?"

"Yeah. What about you?"

"Yeah. What do you, Kitten? Big wedding, small, just go to the courthouse? What do you want?"

"I want our friends and your dad to be there. And Dani and Victor. What about you?"

"I want whatever you want, Kitten."

"So a small wedding? Where at though?"

"How about the backyard? Or the park? You said that you like the park. And when we take our kids there, we can tell them that that is where we got married."

"I like the sound of that. It sounds perfect to me."


EPILOGUE TO COME


Chapter End Notes:
So? What do you think? Good things are starting to happen for her. IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!