Author's Chapter Notes:
So, this is it. This is the last chapter. This is so sad. Thank you all who have been following this story and who have been leaving reviews! Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy this last chapter.

=)
***Epilogue***


EIGHT YEARS LATER


Spike walked in the park with his twin six year old daughters, Taylor and Meagan, on both sides of him, both holding his hands. He stopped when they reached a small pond and sat down on the bench that over looked the pond. He pulled both girls to his front, still holding their hands in his, "Girls, do you know where you are?"

They both nodded and spoke, "This is where you and mommy got married."

Spike smiled and pulled them to him, "That's right girls. We got married right here eight years ago today. Mommy and I used to bring you here every year when you were born."

The little girl on his left, Taylor, pulled her daddy closer when he started to cry, "It's okay, daddy. We miss her, too. But remember, she's in a better place with Auntie Liz and Grandma Joyce. She's okay."

Meagan joined in on the hug and added, "Yeah, daddy. And remember, mommy said that she didn't want you to cry. She said that she would be watching over us now. So don't let mommy know that you're crying."

They had gotten married a month after Buffy had turned eighteen. They had all of their friends there. Dani and Victor had been there, too. Dani was Buffy's bride's maid and Willow was her maid of honor. While Xander had been Spike's best man. Victor walked Buffy down the aisle and gave her away on behalf of her mother.

Spike had said that he wouldn't cry on their wedding day, but he was the first one to shed a tear. Buffy was next. They had gone to England for their honeymoon. Spike wanted to show Buffy where he had grown up with his mother and father before his mother had died.

Spike hugged his girls tighter. When they had found out that Buffy was pregnant two years after they had married, Spike was so excited. He couldn't believe that he was going to be a father but he was glad that the mother of his child was going to be Buffy. He didn't want it any other way.

Buffy was the best mother in the world to their little girls. Spike had no doubt that she was going to be. She would play with them and read them stories and sing to them when it was time go to to sleep. She would cuddle them whenever they were four and they were scared of the monsters under their bed and in their closets as he checked under the bed and in the closet. Things had been perfect.

That was until Buffy's Leukemia caught up with her. Her disease had flared up increasingly in just months. They knew that she wouldn't have been with them for much longer, so they did all the things with their kids that they could possibly do.

When things got really bad, Buffy had been hospitalized. She was so frail that she could barely pick up one of the twins. But she still tried. She was still the best mother to them. Still sang to them when they came to visit. She never let either of them think that they weren't loved by her.

~~~Flashback~~~

Buffy had Spike lay the girls on either side of her on her hospital bed. Spike sat in the chair next to her bed and held her hand. She simply looked at him and said, "Things are going to be okay for you. I promise. And I don't want you to cry. No crying allowed. I'll be watching you so I know if you're crying. Got it?" He had promised her that he would try his hardest, but he knew that he was going to cry. He was losing the love of his life, the mother of his children, his wife.

Giles had come and picked up the girls from the hospital, leaving Spike and Buffy alone. Spike held her, "I'm going to miss you so much."

Buffy kissed his chest, "I know. I'm going to miss you, too. But remember, you've got the girls. You have to stay strong. For them. They are going to need their daddy. More than anything. They will always be daddy's girls."

"I know, Kitten. You need to rest. Don't need to be over-exerting yourself, now. How do you feel."

Buffy looked at him, the truth showing in her eyes, "It's not going to be long. I can feel it. I'm not going to last much longer here. I just want you to know that I love you and I will always love you. No matter what. You saved me. You saved my life. What was it in that movie that you love? 'You didn't just save my life, you made my life worth saving'. That's us, baby. Until the end." She leaned up and kissed him. A long, slow kiss that showed everything in her love for him.

She had fallen asleep shortly after that. Spike stayed up and watched her all night. He had thought about what she told him. She knew that she didn't have that much longer to go here. So Spike pulled her closer to him and kissed her forehead. He didn't want to let her go, but he knew that he had to.

When the machines started to go crazy, Spike knew that she was gone. He had let her go. She was going to Heaven to be with her mother and sister and his mother. He slowly moved from beside her when the nurses came in, tears falling down his face, "It was peaceful. She was asleep." He told them. He caressed the side of her face, "My angel is gone." He leant down and kissed her lips once more, "I love you, Kitten." He whispered then moved so the nurses could do their job.

~~~End Flashback~~~

Spike pulled back and looked at the girls, "You know your mommy loved you, right?"

They nodded and smiled, "Yes, daddy. We know mommy loved us. She told us every day. Remember?"

Spike ran his hands over their hair, "Yeah. She did. She was the best mommy, wasn't she?" He smiled as the girls nodded and hugged him again.

Pulling back, Meagan looked at him, "Can we go play on the swings, daddy?"

He smiled and kissed both of their foreheads, "Yeah. Just stay where I can see you."

The girls ran off as Spike sat on the bench. He looked to the sky, "I love you, baby. I miss you. And you saved me, too, Kitten. You saved me, too." Then he stood from the bench and walked to his kids.


The End


Chapter End Notes:
I actually cried whenever I wrote this. It tore me up so bad. Thank you again to whoever has been following this. Thank you.

=)