Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it's been so long since I've posted, but I've been trying to take my reviewer's adive and developing this story more. I hope that it's working! Thank you to everyone that has been reading this story and a special thanks to every one that has been reviewing!!!

Thank you so much!
=)
~*~*~Previously~*~*~

Spike chuckled lightly, knowing that there was no way that he was going to be able to stay mad at her any time, "It's alright, pet. It's not like I've not done things to you in the past that weren't exactly gentleman like." Pausing, he looked down, "I'm sorry about all that, Buffy. About everything that I've put you through."

She looked around the room, smiling when she looked back at him, "Hey, just get me some clothes to change into and we'll call it even. Okay?"

He looked at her and smiled, "Any thing for you, luv."

***Chapter Five***


Buffy walked out of her 7th period class the next day, relieved that she only had one more period to go. She hadn't been back to her house since that night that Spike had found her in the park. Ever since that night she had been at Spike's in the guest bedroom.

He eventually told his father that she was there. Buffy had agreed that it would be okay for him to tell his father about why she would be there. When Buffy met Spike's father, Rupert Giles, she had insisted that if she was going to be a bother then she could find somewhere else to stay at. Giles, as he preferred to be called, had also insisted that she would not be a bother and that she was welcome to stay there as long as she needed to.

Her and Spike had grown closer. They hadn't shared any more kisses, just short hugs and some casual hand holding while they were watching movies. Buffy was grateful for that. She knew that she had started to develop feelings for him, but she didn't want to move too fast with him. She wanted to get this right.

Spike had understood that when she had told him. He wanted her to be sure with him. He didn't want her to rush things with him, wanting her to come to him when she was good and ready. They had talked a lot, covering things from favorite colors to where they wanted to go in life. What she hadn't told him was that she needed to get things back to her house.

She wasn't worried about all of her clothes and such like that. All she wanted was the little bit of her mother's things that she had left.Her father had once given her a picture of her mother and her. They were at the park. Buffy was on the swings and her mother was behind her, her head on Buffy's shoulder. The picture was taken when she was fifteen. It was the only picture that she had of her mother. Her father had taken the rest of them and burned them.

Her mother had a necklace that she always wore. Her father had given it to her for her 17th birthday. Buffy was going through some of her mother's things shortly after she had died. She found the necklace and put it on. It hadn't left her neck since then.

Buffy idly clutched the necklace as she thought about it. She knew that she had to go back to that house sooner or later. She didn't need her clothes, Spike had insisted on taking her out shopping to get her new clothes so she wouldn't have to go back there. She didn't need closure because she really didn't want to go back there. She needed her mother's things.

Buffy wasn't paying attention to where she was going, too lost in her thoughts. She was snapped out of her own world when she crashed into a hard chest, thankful to whoever grabbed her, for she would have been on the floor without their hands grasping her waist.

She looked up to see Spike with a small grin on his face, "Hello, Goldielocks. You should really watch where you're going. Could get hurt if you're not paying attention."

Buffy looked down and blushed slightly, "Sorry, I was just too busy thinking." She moved herself out of his grasp, missing the look of disappointment that crossed Spike's face from the loss of contact with her. She looked back up at him, to see his head cocked to the side and him staring at her with a smile, "What?"

Spike lifted his hand to tuck a piece of hair behind her ear, "Nothing at all. Just trying to figure out when you got so beautiful." He smiled when the slight pink tint that was on her face before was now a dark red. He chuckled inwardly and put his arm around her shoulder and began to walk. Glad when she started to walk with him, "Just what were you thinking about so deeply that you didn't notice where you were going?"

Buffy sighed, "My mother." That's all she said on the way to her locker. Once they stopped, she saw him lean against the row of lockers next to hers and she sighed, "I have to go back there, Spike."

He straightened, "You bloody well don't have to go back there. I'm not going to let you put yourself in that house again, Buffy. It's not safe for you."

"I have to go back there. Not to live, but I have things there that are precious to me. My mother's things, pictures, Mr. Gordo. I need those things."

He raised an eyebrow, "Mr. Gordo?" He said with a slight smile.

"Yes, Mr. Gordo. He is a stuffed pig that my mother gave me when I was three. I've had him since and I don't intend on losing him now. Whether you like it or not I'm going back there."

Spike could see that she was determined, but he just didn't like her going back to that place. He had seen what her father had done to her that night in the park and from what little she had told him in their talks, it had been a lot worse than that on occasion. He had grow extremely attached to Buffy. He knew that he was falling for her. He just hoped that he wouldn't scare her away when he finally told her.

He sighed, "Alright, but I'm going with you and I'm going to go inside with you. That's the only way that I'm going to let you into that house. I'm not going to let you out of my sight. There's no way in hell that I'm going to let you get hurt."

She smiled at him, "Okay. That's fine. Thank you. I only have to get a few things. There's not all that much there that I want. Can we do it sometime really soon. I don't want to give him any more chances to get rid of my things than I've already given him?"

He nodded, watching her open her locker and swap things out, "Yeah, we'll go after school. That okay with you? That way you should have all weekend to get your things put away at the house."

She shut her locker, making sure it was closed, "Yes. That's perfect. Thank you."

The bell signaled that class was officially starting, making both Buffy and Spike late to their classes. She sighed, "I've got to get to Biology. Willow's going to kill me for being late." She turned to go to her class then paused. She quickly turned around and went back to Spike, giving him a small hug, "Thank you," she said, then gave him a small kiss on his right cheek, then went onto her class in the opposite direction.

Spike put his fingers up to where she had kissed him. Smiling as he remembered what if felt like, 'God. What is this girl doing to me?' With that, he turned to go to his 8th period class, knowing that he wouldn't be thinking of anything but the tiny blonde that he was falling in love with and what he had to prepare himself for after school when he took her back to that hellhole that she used to live in.

This was going to be a long afternoon.


Chapter End Notes:
Okay, be brutal, how is it?