Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: Yeah, I know, I don't own them. Thanks for rubbing it in.

I am SO sorry for not posting sooner. This story has been a real kicker for me. I knew that I had to put a spin in here some where and I hope that this spin is exactly what I was looking for.

Reviews make me happy and they make me write faster!!!!!

=)
~*~*~Previously~*~*~

Spike put his fingers up to where she had kissed him. Smiling as he remembered what it felt like, 'God. What is this girl doing to me?' With that, he turned to go to his 8th period class, knowing that he wouldn't be thinking of anything but the tiny blonde that he was falling in love with and what he had to prepare himself for after school when he took her back to that hellhole that she used to live in.

This was going to be a long afternoon.

***Chapter Six***

The bell rang, signaling that school was over for the day. Spike walked towards Buffy's locker, waiting for her when he found that she hadn't shown up yet. He waited, and waited, and waited for Buffy to show up at her locker, but she never did. Spike became increasingly worried the longer that he waited. Finally, he walked to the front of the school, hoping that Buffy would be there waiting for him.

When Spike got to the front of the school, he did find Buffy, but what he hadn't anticipated was the police officers that were putting the handcuffs around her tiny wrists. He saw Buffy's tear stained face and hurriedly went to her. When he reached her, Buffy flung herself away from the officers and into his arms.

Buffy wished that she could hug him, cling to him, something. But with her hands restrained by the handcuffs behind her back, it was useless to try. Spike wrapped his arms around Buffy, as if trying to shield her from the officers and the looks of the passing students. He looked to the police officer closest to him, "What the bloody hell is going on here?"

The police officer adjusted his hat on his head, "Sir, we need to take Ms. Summers down town for questioning."

The anger in Spike flared, "And you need to put her in these bloody cuffs to do it?! She is not a criminal! She is no harm to you all! Why put her in these cuffs?"

"The handcuffs are necessary for the crime that we are questioning her on."

"And what the bloody hell would that be, mate?" Spike squeezed Buffy closer to him as her sobs continued to get louder. He wouldn't let her go no matter what. Especially not to these bloody police officers.

What the officer said next was enough to knock Spike right off of his feet, "Murder."

Spike tightened his grip on Buffy, "And who the bloody hell do you sods think she murdered?"

"Hank Summers, sir. He was found in his home early this morning. He was shot to death, sir."

"And you wankers think that this tiny girl could have done it? You're off your bloody knockers, mate. She has been with me for the last two sodding days. She hasn't been anywhere without me. She couldn't have done it."

"Still, being the matter that this is her father, we are going to have to take her down town for questioning."

Spike let go of Buffy, pushing her behind him to shield her from the police officer as Spike walked up to the man in uniform and stopped barely inches away from his face, "Now you listen here, mate. You are not taking her anywhere without me. You are certainly not taking her anywhere in handcuffs. She has been through enough with that wanker of a father of hers.

I have seen her in too much pain these last couple of days and I'll be damned if I let you put her through any more. You understand me, mate?" Without waiting for the officer to reply, "We will follow you in our car, or you can follow us, and I will take her to your station downtown. But you will not put her through any more shit than she needs to be put through. Got it?"

The police officer hesitated for a moment before walking around Spike and uncuffing Buffy. The moment the handcuffs where off, she was in Spike's arms. He pulled her up to give her a kiss. The kiss didn't last long. It wasn't demanding with want and need, or to prove anything to her, but it was more of a reassurance that he wasn't going to let anything happen to her. Once the kiss was finished, he tugged her towards his body, trying to keep her safe, and looked at the police officer, "Thanks, mate. Now, are you following us or are we following you downtown?"

The officer started walking towards his car, "We'll be following you. Now let's get down there before my captain gets on my ass for taking so long."

Buffy and Spike walked to Spike's car. He opened the door for her and closed it behind her after making sure that she was in okay. He walked around to the driver's side and got in. After locking the doors, Spike pulled Buffy to him, bringing his lips to hers in a soft kiss. Pulling away, Spike played with Buffy's hair, "I'm not gonna let them do anything to you, sweetheart. You understand me?"

Buffy nodded, "I'm so scared, Spike. I didn't kill my father. You know that. I hated the man, and I'm not sad that he's dead, but I didn't kill him." Spike pulled Buffy to him when her tears started to fall again. She pulled out of his arms, "We need to get going. We don't need to give the Police any other reasons for being mad at us. Okay?"

He gave her a small smile, "Okay, baby. Anything you want." He leaned over and kissed her again. When he started the car, Buffy slid over to the middle of the bench seat, trying to get as close to Spike as possible. Spike slid his right arm around Buffy, pulling her to him. He kissed the top of her head, and pulled out of his parking spot.

He headed down the road, watching the police officer follow behind him. He didn't know what was going on or why they would think that Buffy had killed her father. But he was going to make sure that nothing happened to his girl. He had just found her and there was no way in hell he was going to lose her now.


TBC


Chapter End Notes:
So, what do you think?