Author's Chapter Notes:
Woot Woot!!! I am on a role!!! I am so excited about updating two days in a role. Two chapters yesterday and one today! I'm so hyped up now! I can't believe all of the inspiration that I've been getting. And I've still got some left over! But I'm going to shut up now because if I don't, then I'm going to give something away. It's kinda what I accidentally do!

Hope you like it!
=)
~*~*~Previously~*~*~


Spike released her hand and put his arm around her shoulders, bringing them closer together, "Yeah, Kitten, we can go home now."


***Chapter Nine***


Buffy walked into the quiet house, surprised that it was...well...quiet. She turned to Spike who was right behind her, "Spike? Where's your dad? Isn't he usually home by now?"

Spike smiled at her, "Of course he is, pet. But he won't be coming home tonight, or any other night for the rest of the week for that matter. We've got the whole house to ourselves. He had to go out of town for business. Somewhere in Indiana or some rot like that. Sorry. Thought you knew."

"No, it's okay. I just hadn't heard any thing about it and I was kinda worried that he wasn't here." Buffy shifted from foot to foot. She had never really been alone in the house with Spike. His father had always been there. This was new...this was frightening, "So, um, I'm gonna go get a, uh, shower. Okay?"

Spike looked at her and smiled, "Sure, pet. While you do that I'm just going to get things ready down there for the movie. That alright with you? If we do it in the den here. The TV is bigger down there than it is in the living room or any of the other rooms."

She tucked a strand of hair behind her right ear, "Yeah. I'll just, um, just go take a, uh, shower now." Buffy had never stuttered around him. Not this much anyways. She was nervous. But the fact that they were going to be downstairs in the basement, or the den as they called it, made her feel a little bit better. That way there wasn't the pressure of a bed around them. She turned and ran up the stairs, leaving a very busy Spike behind her.


(*(*(**)*)*) (*(*(**)*)*)


Buffy stared at herself in the fogged mirror of the bathroom. She had felt the pain in her joints all day long and it was killing her. She was so glad that she had gotten that shower. The hot water helped her pain a little bit. But no amount of hot water was going to help the bruises that were on her lower stomach and upper thighs. She had gotten used to the bruises. She just had to make sure that they were covered.

Buffy heard her cellphone ring through the door connecting the bathroom and her bedroom. She quickly waddled to the bed and glanced at the collar ID. She sighed and flipped her phone open and put it to her ear, "Hello?" There was a pause in between Buffy's greeting, "Yes. I was planning to come over tomorrow....Yeah, that's not a problem. That might actually work a little bit better. I can just come during school....Yeah, okay. Thanks." She ended her phone call quickly, knowing that Spike was downstairs waiting.

She quickly grabbed a pair of black silk pajama bottoms and the black silk tank top that matched. Slipping them on, she gave herself a once over in the mirror to make sure that the pajamas wouldn't give her secret away. Sighing and smoothing her shirt once more, wincing as she brushed the bruises, she turned and left the room, turning the lights out before closing the door.


(*(*(**)*)*) (*(*(**)*)*)


Spike looked up as he heard small, bear feet on the wooden stairs leading down from the first floor to the den. He looked up and stopped in his tracks. He had never seen her look more desirable, sexy, and adorable all at the same time than she did right now. He loved the look of the black silk on her. It made her skin look more smooth, like porcelain.

She stopped at the bottom of the steps and looked around, surprised to find the room completely covered in blue, her favorite color. Her mouth opened slightly as she took in the blue lamps, which gave the entire room a glow of blue, pillows, blankets, and even blue bowls and cups. He had put a room together that was her favorite color. He had remembered that blue was her favorite color and he went to all this trouble to do this for her.

He came over to her and took her by the hand, "Hello, Kitten. Love the pajamas. Very pretty." He led her to the couch that was covered by a blue, fuzzy blanket. She sat down with her right leg folded under her, "Do you feel better now that you've had your shower?"

Buffy nodded, still taking in the room that he had made for her. She glanced at the TV that was emitting a little light. She saw that he had already put a DVD in, just waiting for them whenever they were ready. When she saw which movie he had chosen, she almost felt like hugging him.

A Walk To Remember.

Her favorite movie. She was going to watch her favorite movie in a room that was covered in her favorite color. She felt her heart swell as she thought about the trouble that he must have gone through to get all of this set up for her. And the trouble that it must have been to hide all of this from her in order to keep it a secret.

She noticed that he wasn't in front of her anymore. She turned her head to the left, looking over her shoulder. When she found nothing, she turned back around, only to be face to face with a pint of Cookie Dough Fudge Mint Chip ice cream. And a Spike that had a gleaming smile on his face, "Thought that since I got your favorite color and movie, I just had to get your favorite ice cream, too." He handed her the pint and a plastic blue spoon and sat down next to her, "So, you ready to watch the movie?"

She smiled and shook her head, opening the pint of ice cream as she settled into the arm of the couch and pushed her feet under the furry blanket.


(*(*(**)*)*) (*(*(**)*)*)


"If there's a greater power, why is it he can't get you a new sweater?" Dean asked with a sarcastic, know-it-all voice.

Jamie answered with a matter-of-fact voice in return, "Because, he's too busy looking for your brain."

Buffy giggled as she watched the interaction on the television screen. She loved that part. It was one of her favorite parts. She didn't noticed that Spike had been taking glances at her the entire movie. Nor did she notice when he gave her a small smile when he heard her giggle.

Spike watched her. Memorizing every move, and mesmerized by the gracefulness that she put into each little movement. He loved her laugh, especially the little giggle. It made her sound so full of life. So full of hope and wonder. Something that some people wouldn't expect to find in someone whose father was dead, killed by her God Father. That just made her all the more special.

Spike froze as he felt her move closer to him when the air kicked on downstairs. They hadn't been this close since the movie started. But who was he to complain? He loved being able to be this close to her and to hold her. It was something that he reveled in when it happened, not taking any moment for granted because he didn't know how long it would last or if or when it would happen again. So he put an arm around her shoulders and continued to watch the movie, stealing the oh-so-tiny glances every now and then.


(*(*(**)*)*) (*(*(**)*)*)


Landon looked at Jamie, "Our love is like the wind...I can't see it, but I sure can feel it."

Spike had never felt the impact of a line in a movie quite like he felt when it came to the line that the actor had just spoken on the TV. He knew that he loved Buffy. He had no doubt about that in his mind, but he also knew that she wasn't ready to say those words, or even feel them towards him.

He didn't know why his feelings had taken such a drastic change, but they had. When he told Buffy that he loved her that night on the cliff, he meant them. He hadn't meant for it to come out that way, but he knew that she was bound to find out sooner or later. But he made it clear that he wasn't expecting her to say it back to him. He just wanted her to know.

It wasn't like he wanted to get into her pants with those three little words either. They meant something to him when he said them to Buffy. He knew that if they were to never have sex, he wouldn't mind, because the moments that he had right now, the moments where she was laying her head between his shoulder and collar bone with his arm wrapped protectively around her. He had never felt closer to someone than he felt now.

He just had to make her see that. He just had to make her see that he could be the one that would be there for her through everything. No matter what. He wouldn't lie. He did want to hear those words come from her mouth. But like he said, he wouldn't push her. He knew that it would happen. All in good time.


(*(*(**)*)*) (*(*(**)*)*)


"You know what I just figured out today?" Jamie asked Landon.

He looked at her with all the love in the world, "What?"

She smiled, "Maybe God has a bigger plan for me than I had for myself. Like this journey never ends. Like you were sent to me because I'm sick. To help me through all this. You're my angel."

Buffy sighed next to Spike, "That right there is the reason that I love this movie."

He looked at her with his eyebrows scrunched together, "Why's that, Kitten?"

"It gives me some hope that that can happen in real like. That that little part of the fairytale can come true." She spoke with such reverence that it scared Spike. He had never heard Buffy think so...well...dark. He had never heard her speak without hope.

Before he could ask her what that was all about, there was a loud crashing from the glass doors. Both of their heads turned in time to see the black clad figure step through the long, vertical blinds. Buffy gasped as she saw the shadow of a person come into full view, wielding a crowbar in one hand, looking straight at her.

Spike jumped up and pushed Buffy behind him as he stood in front of her to protect her from the intruder. Buffy was terrified, and that didn't set too well with Spike. He placed him self close enough to Buffy if she needed him, but close enough to the intruder, ready to attack.

Buffy hadn't been paying attention, too focused on the erratic racing of her heart and the sound of her blood pulsing through her brain. She pressed her right palm to her chest, trying to get as much air as she possibly could. She knew that she was going to lose it. She only hoped that once she did, Spike would be okay without her. As she tried to gasp out his name, she failed miserably, only seeing the blurred scene of Spike straddling the intruder, throwing punches into the person's face and chest.

Then everything went black.


Chapter End Notes:
The pajamas that Buffy is wearing is something that I found here:

http://www.stylelingerie.com/contents/media/t_IntensePassionBlack.jpg

=)