Author's Chapter Notes:
So, I'm so excited! I'm so happy that I'm able to put all of these chapters up so fast. I'm just worried that I'm writing them so fast that I'm not making them as good. Let me know!

Thanks!
=)
~*~*~Previously~*~*~


Buffy hadn't been paying attention, too focused on the erratic racing of her heart and the sound of her blood pulsing through her brain. She pressed her right palm to her chest, trying to get as much air as she possibly could. She knew that she was going to lose it. She only hoped that once she did, Spike would be okay without her. As she tried to gasp out his name, she failed miserably, only seeing the blurred scene of Spike straddling the intruder, throwing punches into the person's face and chest.

Then everything went black.


***Chapter Ten***

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

The sound of the beeping monitor next to her head was what Buffy awoke to. She felt disoriented and she felt a strain in her chest. Her hand felt heavy, as if there was a huge mass weighted on it. When she looked down, she noticed why exactly her hand had felt so heavy.

Spike.

He was here. He was with her. He was okay. She had been so worried, even unconscious, that he wouldn't be okay. She had never been more scared in her life. She didn't understand why she had those strong feelings of worry. She knew that without a doubt that Spike could take care of himself. She knew it.

But that didn't stop her from caring about whether or not he was going to be okay or not. She flinched as she felt him move a bit, softly muttering, "Buffy." She smiled. He was dreaming about her. She tried to sit a bit, but it hurt, so she didn't try any more than necessary. She shook her hand as hard as she could, trying to jostle him from his sleeping form to let him know that she was awake.

Spike took a deep breath in, trying to wake himself up to see what had disturbed his sleep. When he woke up, he saw her staring at him. Straight at him. He had never been more happy than he was now, seeing that she was awake, "Buffy. You're awake. Are you alright? Any pain? I'm gonna go get a doctor."

Before he could get up, she clutched his hand, "No. Don't leave. Please."

He looked at her, seeing the distress in her face and hearing the pain in her voice, "Alright, Kitten. Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere. I'll still be here, but we need to get a doctor to come in and look at you. Alright? I'll stay right here at the door, but I need to get you a doctor."

After a moment of hesitation, she nodded softly, "Okay. Just, hurry. Please. I don't feel like being alone right now."

He nodded and kissed her forehead, "Alright, Luv. Don't worry. I'll stay in sight."

"Okay." She reluctantly let go of his hand. Closing her eyes, she let the cool air rush over her face. She felt like she could breathe now. She knew what had caused the panic attack, but she didn't know if he knew yet. If he didn't then he would surely know now.

She took a deep breath, trying to get herself ready for the inevitable. She knew that he would be finding out soon enough about what was wrong with her, but she just hoped that he would still want her afterwards.

She felt the bed shift slightly. Looking up she saw Spike with a concerned look in his eyes, "Are you alright, Kitten? The doctor should be here soon. Promise, Luv." She looked around the room, noticing that no one was in here yet.

Looking back to him, she spoke softly, "How long have you been here?"

He grabbed her hand and kissed the back of it, softly rubbing the back of her hand with his thumb, "I've been here as long as you have, Kitten. Haven't left the room since. Not even the security could take me out."

"How long have I been here?"

"Two days. Today was the first day that you've actually shown any signs of life. Sure, the machines were beeping off the bloody hook, but that didn't show that you weren't still in there. I thought I had lost you whenever I looked over and saw you on the floor."

He stopped for a moment, trying to keep his emotions at bay. Finally looking at her again, "You have no idea how much you scared me." Pausing, he looked at her, "Why didn't you tell me, Buffy? Why didn't you tell me you were sick?"

She looked away. She knew that he was hurt. She could tell by the sound of his voice that she had hurt him when she hadn't told him, "Because I didn't want you to be worried. I knew that if I told you, then I would be treated like a glass doll and that's not what I wanted. I wanted you to treat me the exact same way that you would treat me if I wasn't sick."

He paused for a moment, looking down. He nodded, "I guess I kind of get that. But that still doesn't mean that I wouldn't want to know. If I had known, maybe I could have done something to help keep you out of here." He stopped, "Is this why you love that movie? A Walk To Remember."

She smiled softly, "Yeah. It makes me happy to see that someone else with Leukemia got exactly what she wanted out of life. That she had someone there to love her and to help her through everything that happened with her while she was sick. It gave me hope that one day, I might have that, too."

Before Spike could say anything, the doctor came in with a smile on his face, "Good morning, Buffy! How are you doing today? Feeling any discomfort or any sickness? Feeling weak or have blurred vision?"

Buffy sighed and smile, "Good morning, Dr. Chase. I'm doing okay. I mean, apart from the dizziness that I had when I tried to sit up, I'm not feeling any fatigue, weakness, or pain. I don't feel sick or have blurred vision." She paused for a moment, "At least I didn't miss my appointment."

Dr. Chase laughed out loud, "That is a good thing, Buffy. I just wanted to make sure that you're doing alright. I'm going to go run some more tests on your blood and when I get back we'll talk about you being discharged. Alright?"

She smiled, "Sure thing. I'll let you know if anything feels wrong."

Dr. Chase smiled, "Alright then." She walked towards the door, stopping halfway through with her right hand holding the door open, "You've got yourself a good one here, Buffy. I have never seen a man stick by someone so adamantly. Or stop smoking cold turkey. He's a good one. Make sure you keep him." And with that, she left the room, leaving them alone for some private time.


Chapter End Notes:
What did you think?
=)