Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it's been so long since my last update. But I've been having trouble. I lost my USB stick that has all of my stories and all of my research on it. But luckily I was able to wrtie another chapter without all of it. I hope that you like this chapter!

=)
~*~*~Previously~*~*~


Dr. Chase smiled, "Alright then." She walked towards the door, stopping halfway through with her right hand holding the door open, "You've got yourself a good one here, Buffy. I have never seen a man stick by someone so adamantly. Or stop smoking cold turkey. He's a good one. Make sure you keep him." And with that, she left the room, leaving them alone for some private time.


***Chapter Eleven***


Buffy opened her eyes to find a very tired Spike asleep in the chair next to her bed, holding her hand, and snoring lightly. She chuckled lightly then squeezed his hand, knowing that he needed the sleep, but also that he would be very pissed at her if she let him sleep. He had told her that he wanted to be awake when she was.

Spike stirred slightly before inhaling deeply and looking at Buffy with hooded eyes, "Hey, luv. How long have you been awake?" He tested her to see if she had actually kept her promise to wake him as soon as she awoke.

Buffy smiled, knowing exactly what he was doing, "I just woke up a few seconds ago. Just like you made me promise right before I went to sleep. I keep promises, mister. So, how did you sleep?"

Blinking a few times to clear his tired eyes, "Surprisingly well for having slept in this thing. You would think that for a hospital, they would have better chairs. I mean, someone is bound to fall asleep in them eventually. You would think they would care about these people. Slept a lot better knowing that I wouldn't be waking up at least twice to have a smoke."

Buffy shook her head, "You do know that behind that curtain over there that there is a bed that they have just for people who spend the night with the patients, right? That's why they are there. And, I still can't believe that you quit smoking just like that."

He shrugged, "Soon as I found out it was hurting you, I tossed all of them. Don't want to be hurting my girl now do I?"

Buffy smiled. 'His girl. That's exactly what I am aren't I?' She thought. She hadn't been so happy in long time. She realized exactly what was making her happy, too. Spike. She knew that she had fallen for him. Extremely fast. She still hardly believed that she loved him after such a short time. 'But, hey. You can't choose who you love, right?'

"What are you thinking about, Kitten?"

Buffy's head shot up and she looked at him with wide eyes, "What?"

He smiled and brought her hand up to his mouth to kiss her knuckles, "You were in deep thought mode. You had this look on your face that you get whenever you think about something important or when you're over analyzing things. So, what were you thinking about? Yours truly?"

Buffy took a deep breath, "Yeah, actually. It was about you. I was thinking about...how much...that I...um..." She sighed, 'Better do it now.' She looked up at Spike, "I was thinking about how much I love you." Buffy squeezed her eyes shut and lowered her head, her hair falling on both sides to cover her face.

She couldn't look up. There was no way that she would be able to face him if he was going to deny her love. She wasn't expecting anything in return. Just the simple knowledge that he wouldn't deny the fact that she loved him and the hope that one day, he would love her, too.

Spike looked at her as she hid herself from him. He smiled until his mouth wouldn't upturn anymore. He couldn't believe that Buffy loved him. SHE LOVED HIM!!! Spike reached his hand under her chin and turned her to face him. He leaned over and kissed her softly on the lips, "You love me? How long?"

Buffy swallowed, "Yeah. I don't know. I just figured it out last night. It just...popped into my head...I didn't expect...I didn't realize how strong it would feel when it happened. It was like someone took a book and banged it right on my chest." Spike opened his mouth to reply, but she cut him off, "Please, don't. Don't say...whatever you're going to say if it's going to just deny what I feel for you. I've felt that.

"I felt it with my dad, and I don't want to feel it with you. I couldn't bare it if I had to feel it with you. I couldn't bare knowing that you would never love me. Please, just whatever you are going to say, just, please don't say it. If you're never going to love me, then please don't say anything. Just get up and walk away now." Buffy's breathing was short as she had tears falling down her cheeks, dripping on their connected hands.

Spike's heart broke as he sat there and watched her hurt. She thought that he would never love her. She thought that he would deny her something that he so desperately wanted to give her. He had never felt anything for anyone like he was feeling for her now. Spike moved from the chair and sat on the bed next to her.

He gathered her into his arms as she cried. Running his fingers through her hair, trying to soothe her, "It's alright, Kitten. I'm not going to deny anything. Never. Not with you. Don't you see?" Spike pulled back and made her look at him by cupping her face on both sides with his hands, "You've just told me that you love me. Me. Do you know what that means?

"Means you've got yourself a willing slave. Whatever you want...it's yours. Forever. Including my heart. That's been yours for so long. Hard to imagine, but it has been. And it will never belong to anyone else. Not as long as I live. And I'm here. I'm not going anywhere. Not as long as you want me." Spike leaned down and captured her lips. After a few minutes, he pulled away, "I love you, Buffy Summers. You. No matter what, baby. Just you."

Buffy gasped. He had said it. He loved her. He hadn't denied her love. Instead, he returned it. No one had ever returned her love except for her mother. And she hadn't had it for so long. She missed it. And she was glad that Spike was the one that loved her. She couldn't believe it. But she wasn't going to turn it away either, "You do?"

"Yeah, baby. I do." He ran his fingers through her hair, playing with a few strands at the end before tucking some of it behind her ear, "Gonna love you until the day I die. That sounded a lot less cheesy in my head."

Buffy laughed, "That's okay. It still sounded good."

Spike kissed her, "You need your rest. Because tomorrow you are going to go home and I'm going to make sure that you're going to have the best 'Welcome Home' that you have ever had. You hear me?"

Buffy straightened her face, "Yes, sir."

Spiked laid down next to her on the bed, tucking her under his arm so her head lay between his shoulder and collar bone, "Damn straight."

Buffy laughed and kissed his cloth covered collar, "I love you."

Spike kissed the top of her head, "I love you, too, baby. I love you, too."




TBC


Chapter End Notes:
So, are you still with me? Like it? Love it? Want some more of it? (Sorry, couldn't resist!) Please let me know!

=)