Author's Chapter Notes:
Well it's over! OMG! This one is chock full of expositiony goodness, and wrapupage. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did writing it. Cause hell, I ain't modest, I laughed when I wrote funny parts and had a little choke when I wrote that Buffy hadn't been touched. So yeah, this is me saying good bye to Salty and hello to other stories awaiting my attention. There will be a very slashy one-shot in teh future for Sotia but no plans to write it yet. So, no further introduction needed: last chapter.
Chapter Fifteen



Buffy and Spike stepped onto the plane and blushed profusely. The perky flight attendant tilted her head, trying to work out where she’d seen the couple before. Buffy ushered Spike away from the confused woman and into his seat before he could explain.



Bored and cramped, Spike managed to persuade Buffy into another round of gentle mile high membership. The club was about to call them and give them honorary doctorates.



They held sweaty palms the entire time they were in the air. Anyone who cared to look could see they were in love. Angel had gagged at the airport. He managed not to throw up all over Buffy’s back when she gave him a quick, one-armed hug. Spike had held her other hand the entire time.



At the end of the long flight, the air hostess waved them off with a bright, sincere smile. The smile dropped when she went back to see the mess in the bathroom.



But Spike and Buffy didn’t care. They were going home and starting their family.



****



If she heard one more squeal from Dawn, the whole castle would come down around her ears. And she didn’t want her baby to suffer.



“For the LOVE of cheese, Dawn, STOP IT!” Buffy yelled out her window as she watched Spike tell her sister everything that went down in LA from the palm of Dawn’s hand. Buffy hoped Spike had tried to keep it PG.



The castle bounced one more time with the glee of the giantess.



“Willow, please tell me you are working on resizing her?”



Willow smiled and began to answer in a long rambly sentence that would not, for one second, include Dawn and sex and giant sticks of red liquorice in the cure but she was happily interrupted when Spike slid in next to Buffy, his curls ruffled and smile sickly sweet and bright and beaming at his love.



“Can’t cheat at cards ’gainst her no more. She’ll flatten me with her pinkie.”



Buffy would have answered if Andrew hadn’t run in to wrap Spike in a quick hug and run out again.



Andrew and the Southern Italian squad had returned to Slayer castle, which was almost at full capacity. The Slayers were everywhere for the fated couple’s homecoming and Andrew was the first (and only) one to go up and hug Spike upon their arrival.



“Am I going to catch it? Will I catch it?” There was a strange, hopeful note in his voice.



Giles had informed the curious castle of Spike and Buffy’s story in a bid to give them rest from the inquisitive Slayers. His ploy did not work.



Giles had ventured up to Scotland to pass on information to Willow in her search for a cure for Giant Dawn as well as anticipation for seeing a happy Buffy once more.



Dr Lem had sent a profile of the virus to Giles, per request, so Willow could study the virus in the vial of Sally’s blood that had been originally taken when Spike as Sally had first arrived.



In the chaotic day of Buffy’s return, Andrew had snuck into the laboratory and stolen a quart of the blood of the virus and would begin cultivating it at night when Willow was out with Vi. Vi didn’t know it but she’d soon be giving into the powerful allure of all things Willowness.



Andrew knew he could get a few of the Slayers to play. They were always complaining there weren’t enough men around.



****



The moonlight sparkled through their window. The cot Xander had lovingly made rocked in the draught of the old stony fortress.



Xander as watching as always, Willow was still out with Vi and Giles was back on the road to London. Dawn had quietened an hour ago and the Slayers were all in their barracks, entertaining themselves. Andrew was in the lab. Angel was brooding half a world away. He’d run into Werewolfed Nina in two days and start making with the demon love again. Though this time they would add a strap-on to their repertoire.



Spike and Buffy and Baby were wrapped up in the blankets of love. While the baby swam around in the Womb of Buff, Spike casually slid his hand down Buffy’s body, searching for his child.



The little tyke was barely in recognisable baby form but still, Spike could feel part of himself within the body of his beautiful (surprisingly slim) love.



“God, I love you.”



Buffy brought her hand up to his face, softly caressing his cheek and drawing the lines of his cheekbones with her pinkie.



“And we love you too, William.”



Their kiss was sweet, passionate and tender and they fell to sleep in each other’s arms, lips still touching.



****



Giles had pulled up on the middle of the M6, late night cars honking their disapproval.



“Dear Lord,” he had said to his dashboard, which only responded with a ticking sound. His blinkers were on.



“The Tenterhall Prophecy. Dear Lord. Why didn’t I think of this before?”



His fandangle mobile phone was dashingly whipped out of his inner tweed pocket and ferocious dialled in order to connect to Buffy.



“Buffy, wake up!”



****



Buffy sat up in bed, searched the nightstand for her cell.



“God damnit. Who is calling at—FOUR IN THE MORNING!” The flip was flipped and she barked into the line. “Don’t you know pregnant ladies need their sleep?” She asked irately.



“Thank goodness you’re up, Buffy. There’s something—,”



“Hold on, you have apocalypse voice on. Need to wake up Spike. Hey, NoDoze, wake the hell up.”



Buffy poked him in the shoulder. Nothing happened. She poked again.



“The fish are swimming in flip flops. Hmmm, fishy.”



With a punch as mighty as Thor’s Hammer, Spike woke with a yelp and his hand flew to his knee.



“What the hell did you do that for, Slayer?”



“Shut it and listen to Giles, Slayer.”



Which got him horny. She couldn’t call him that and not expect instant hard-on. It was rubbed into her hip until she shoved his lower body half off the bed.



“Concentrate. Apocolypse.” She whispered as she half heard Giles running through the details of the latest personal-time interloper.



“What? What about my baby?” Spike’s hand instantly stopped roaming and tightened on her hips. He listened in as Giles did a quick recap of what he’d just spent the last ten minutes explaining.



“I said, and please listen this time…are you listening?”



“Yes, Giles. We both are.”



“I said the Tenterhall Prophecy states that The Birth of the Child of the Two Slayers Will End the Half-breed Race for Eternity. The Child Must Be Born or the World Will Suffer an Imbalance That Will Throw the Early Plains Into Hell.”



Spike and Buffy looked into one another’s eyes once more and they said in unison:



“Oh Balls.”



The End…for now


Chapter End Notes:
Surprise! That's right, there is going to be a sequel. Only three chapters long (though the chapters will be significantly longer in length). I have no plans to begin writing it instantly because I have two three-parters and a one shot I'm working on. We'll see when my muse interferes. So stay tuned for 'Alkaline Trio (Tentative Title)' the sequel to 'Salty'. My thanks go to everyone who constantly reviewed, and those one timers too. My sincerest thanks.