Author's Chapter Notes:
And here we have it. The big 'un. Should answer some questions and cause some others.And if you didn't know it was coming...here is Spike! Arriving to see the aftermath of Amy's love spell.
Comic spoilers still apply.
I'm posting now instead of tomorrow or Sunday because my laptop has died and I have an assignment due on Monday worth 50% and I am screwed. Thoroughly and not nicely. I was working on the next chapter of Self Promotion (I'm really sorry about not getting around to those reviews) but my internet has been out and now I may have lost everything. I'm working from uni and am not sure how much ff writing will get done.
Chapter Four


“I’M A BLEEDIN’ GIRL!” The Slayers were startled and looked quizzically towards the fuming Sally. “I’m going to KILL Angel! That fucking twatty ponce of a buggaring…when I get my hands…my stupid girly hands on him…”


“Has he got something to do with Amy?”


Buffy’s voice broke Sally’s rant as the two blonde Slayers’ eyes locked and the rest of the room grew quiet. Sally slumped to the floor with a pathetic, “Oh Buffy,” and her tears formed a steady stream down to pool on her heaving chest.


“Could we have a minute?”


Xander nodded, puzzled, and ushered the Slayers and a smirking Willow out of the bedroom.


“What are you smiling at, Will?”


“Nothing…nothing. Just good, old fashion, smoking hot lesbian fantasies.”


Xander choked and Willow chuckled as they headed to the infirmary to check on the injured slayers.


****


“I felt your lips.”


“Oh god, Buffy, I’m so sorry. I’m sorry I didn’t believe you. I’m sorry I didn’t come to you after. Oh please, please forgive me. I knew I had to touch you, kiss you, love you. I just couldn’t remember. Oh Buffy, baby.”


The woman’s scattered words broke Buffy’s heart as she lifted her hand to her tingling lips. She could taste Sally. Salty Sally. Salty, rambling Sally.


“Wait, backtrack and stop. Question time. You know who you are?”


Sally raised her head, those blue eyes glittering with tears and she nodded once, curtly.


“And you kissed me…why?” Buffy traced her lips with an inquisitive finger.


“There was a sleeping spell…and you needed…and…baby, I didn’t mean to…”


“Baby?” Buffy swung her legs off her bed and looked down at the pitiful bawling woman on her floor. Buffy’s emotions were like a rollicking toll of rollickness and Buffy didn’t know whether she was still reeling from the kiss or the fact that Spike’s touch was now forever gone from her skin. Her voice broke as she thought about him and tears began to well in the back of her eyes as she croaked out, “Who are you?”


But Sally choked up. Buffy watched as the woman gulped as much air in her body as she could and then clamped up. Like a clam. Like a big womanish clam.


“WHO ARE YOU?” Tears were freely flowing and they wouldn’t stop. The blondes cried together but apart. Held apart by the distance of space and time and emotions and all they really wanted was to be in the other’s arms.


“It’s me. I’m…a girl but it’s me.”


“WHO?”

“William Jamison Pritchard III.”


And Buffy promptly fainted.


****


“Buffy, wake up. It’s not like you to faint. Come on, love. Come back to me. Why’d you go do something silly like loose consciousness? It’s not like the vampire you said you love while he was dying in the pits of hell who proceeded to reject you then die, only to be resurrected as a ghost a few weeks later in our ex’s office and continued to annoy the fuck out of him, before they banded together after your stupid watcher didn’t help out a good lady before Angel went and tried to destroy the evilest circle on this plane with the help of said gorgeous dying-in-hellmouth-pit vampire, somehow got turned into a woman and a slayer and fell in love with you again. I’m a fucking prat. Just springing that on her. God, I’m so stupid. And I’m a chit. Shit. I’m a female. Its hormones. I’m not crying. God, Buffy, wake up.”


“Did you breathe once then or do you still not need to?”


“Oh Buffy…are you okay? Can I get you a glass of water?”


Spike helped Buffy sit up. Buffy could help but stare. Right in her face were the big juicy breasts of the woman-previously-known-as-Sally-who-is-now-claiming-to-be-Spike-trapped-in-a-woman’s-body. Spike looked down at her with those gorgeous blue eyes that had ached to be remembered.


“No, I’m fine. Are you going to answer my question?” Buffy hastily tried to brush her awkward bed hair down from its ratty mess before looking back into his…her…his eyes.


“I’m human, baby. And a woman.”


“I can see that, boobs-in-face guy.”


That familiar smirk itched at the corners of his beautiful luscious red lips. Buffy was not looking at his…her, oh damn it,lips of Spike. She WAS NOT looking at lips of Sallike. Of female Spike. No lips of female Spike.


But Spike didn’t answer her illogical ramblings, just took her hands in his dainty girl ones and sank to his girly knees.


“Buffy. I am so, so, very sorry that I didn’t believe you and didn’t tell you I’d returned. I love you.”


Buffy hiccuped.


“Um.”


“UM? THAT’S ALL YOU’VE GOT TO BLOODY SAY?”


“I was going to ask you to prove you are Spike but that probably just did the trick.” A hesitant giggle and she looked at the blonde curls framing Spike’s feminine face. Her other hand lay gently on Spike’s breast, feeling the sprinting heart beat beneath the plush skin. Her fingers ached to finally touch someone. She needed human touch. She needed to touch someone. She ached with want of Sally and now she could touch all she wanted. She wouldn’t be betraying her love for Spike. Cause Sally was Spike. Okay, wigging now.




“HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET TURNED INTO A WOMAN?”


Spike licked his lips and inhaled to begin an epic tale but their privacy was rudely invaded by a giant eye looking in through Buffy’s window.


“What’s with all the yelling?” Dawn asked; her tone curious. But very quickly her voice turned to shock and anger.


“You’re touching!”


The moors shook as the giant began to stomp away from the castle.


The sounds of the giant echoed across the whistling grass as it swayed to and fro in the vacuum of air created by the passing giant and Buffy heard her sister’s sobs and not-so-silent cries of ‘why her?’ and ‘she won’t even hug me’.


Buffy looked at the placement of her hands. She was still tangled in the beautiful blonde locks and her fingers were curling around Spike’s full left breast.


Spike realised at the same moment and just muttered, “Oh bollocks,” before he pulled away from Buffy’s embrace to look out the window at the retreating giant and the dancing zombies.


“So…why’s Dawn a giant?”


But Buffy was gone.

TBC


Chapter End Notes:
Please don't hate me. Woah, didn't that sound needy.